View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #12
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Before anyone gets out the champagne, I'd just like to point out that Glen A. Larson is in development with three movies based on TV shows he created (confirmed) Knight Rider, The Fall Guy and Magnum pi, none of which have made it to the silver screen as of yet, hell I think Knight Rider's been in development for over five years.

I'm 100 percent certain that Glen A. Larson want to make a Battlestar Galactica movie, but first he's got to persuade a studio to go for his take on the project and then give him the money to develop it, and then give him the money to produce it!

Even if Glen A. Larson went into development tomorrow, there'd still be legal hurdles to jump over should as the use of the name Battlestar Galactica, which is a trademark of Universal Studios.

It could be 2009 or 2010 before we even saw one bit of film (it won't even be film by then) and Richard and Dirk would be in their late sixties.

I'd advise everyone to calm down and keep writing your letters, keep buying the TOS merchandise that is released to show TOS has 'legs' financially and pray for a frelling miracle!

Best ,

Peter