View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #14
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I agree with Commander Taggart that the stories must be adult oriented, with action and character exploration. I think that is why I liked the Batman/Superman/Justice League cartoons, because to an extent, they were that. But Galactica cartoons could take it a step further. (Justice League had a three part episode that took the heroes back to World War II that was really adult oriented...even down to the language at one small point...which made my jaw drop.) A Galactica cartoon would not need to go to the language length, but it would do well to cater more to the adults.

(Anybody here remember the animation styles used in Heavy Metal the Movie back in 1980?) Now that would be an ideal animation style for Galactica as well, but it would be impractical on a weekly basis.

I would love to see 3D starships mixed in with 2D animation as well.

To the end of writing stories or providing voice work....I'd fall in for those jobs in a heartbeat as well if we, the fans, were able to take up such an endeavor. We have the talented people here....it would be a matter of time. We have 3D artists, 2D artists, writers, voice actors, special effects guys, sound engineers, musicians, etc. Hell, we have some of the makings of a Colonial Fleets Production Company. It would be far less costly than trying to make a fan-film where costumes have to be designed and made, some props might have to be built, etc.

If anyone else here wants to take on such a project, COUNT ME IN!

Respectfully,
Martok2112