View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:37 PM   #141
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustex
there should be ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY, ALL BY ITSELF SHOW ON ALL OF THE FRIKKIN' CHANNELS ON MY FRIKKIN' TV THAT I CAN TUNE INTO ONCE A WEEK AND NO LEAVE MY IQ AT THE DOOR! I LIKE "STAR WARS" AND the original Battlestar Galactica series , BUT DON'T TRY TO PRETEND THAT LIKING THEM MEANS I HAVE TO HATE REAL SCIENCE!
1) Write the network heads and tell them what you want. They control the channel programming issues. (and they aren't necessarily the most scientifically astute folks on the planet or they'd be at MIT not NBC, ABC, CBS or SciFi.

2) Have you got a "Scientific American" subscription? That magazine exists for those who love science but aren't active research scientists. TV will never compare with the true depth of science that you can find in a magazine or a book. They don't have the time for it in 43 minutes/show. Steven Hawking would have never been a bestselling author if it wasn't for there being many people like yourself that love science.

Just ideas to ease the frustration I hear.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote