Thread: Reverse homage
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #8
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I must respectfully concur with BST in this assessment. The Original series does not need to make any kind of nod to the new show. It is a different class of animal. What I mean by that is this:

Let's look at the Star Trek analogy. It is alright for a furture show to make a nod to an older show because of the continuity situation. The film Star Trek Generations is the perfect example of this.

However, the two Galactica shows are different breeds altogether. The new Galactica show owes its entire existence (even if it is markedly different from the classic show) to the original Galactica we all know and love. (And I am speaking as a fan of both Galacticas).

Even if the success of the new show actually does benefit a revival of the classic show to the big screen, in my humble opinon, the classic show owes nothing to the new show. The classic was here first, and for many, that is all that will ever be regarded as Galactica.

I also concur that Chief Tyrol is a character that is extremely well suited to EITHER Galactica show. And Grace Park's presence on a Classic Galactica show would be a welcome one IMHO...of course, the role of Boomer is already taken
She could be another female pilot in a classic continuation...and perhaps still remain Tyrol's love interest. (Aaron, I am certain you would not object.)

Respectfully to all,
Martok2112