View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:48 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi all! Wow, all kinds of replies! Thanks!

Hi Kingfish! I listened to the Death Star attack to help gauge the 5.1 surround and overall sound quality. Two thumbs up from the daggit (or is that two claws??? ;: ). The sound wraps around you beautifully, and they made good use of the surround speakers, unlike many other fliks that say 5.1 but are really just mono out the center channel speaker.

I think folks are being overly picky, as they expect nothing but the best after all this time and of course brouhaha. For $36, you get 4 DVDs of better quality by far than 90% of the DVDs you will find elsewhere. I will have to hear the whole thing, especially the parts DIgital Bits didn't like, to see if it's really a big deal. I have a feeling teh sound will be fine and I will only be miffed (muffed?) by the video doctoring which should have been left alone IMHO.

The flip side of ET with the "director's cut" will never see the light of day on my screen, LOL. Wish they'd release SW unedited and uncut too, but oh well, I can't imagine leaving free money on the table (millions at least) like that, but I'm not a producer so I guess a couple million here or there doesn't really matter to them.

Thanks all!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote