View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2002, 01:11 PM   #1
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Heart ** BG faux book cover ("True Loyalties")

** Describe the image **

This is a pseudo-"contest" of sorts: A "Battlestar Galactica" inspired, fake book cover image is posted below. (The title? "True Loyalties.") Write the story outline, liner notes, plot summary... whatever you choose to write about.

Unlike the previous posting, "A Warrior's Tale," I placed a text teaser at the top of the book. Intepret as you like.

There are no prizes. This is simply a chance to write/share your intepretation of the cover, and/or what you'd like to see in this "Battlestar Galactica" inspired novel. There is no established timeframe for the image. The events depicted could have taken place before "Saga of a Star World" pilot episode or after "The Hand of God" episode or in-between.

Multiple submissions are welcomed.

Here's the image:

460x650 sized image here. (.jpg format; 88k)

NOTE: This "contest" is an experiment. I hope that other artists will join me in this artistic endeavor. It's fun to create artwork; it's fun, too, for others to interpret the work with their own thoughts and feelings.

Also: "Contest" images within this "Colonial Art" section on Colonial Fleets are being denoted with "**" in the subject line.

Additionally, this "contest" is not sponsored officially by Colonial Fleets.

Michael
:colwar:

P.S. I wasn't too enamored with this cover, as Richard's face is washed away by the bright colors. But hopefully the cover will inspire some good story ideas regardless.
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote