View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #19
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
"I still don't understand why people who hate everything about the mini seek out or start mini specific threads. Everyone's free to do what they want but I will never understand it. It seems like an exercise in frustration to me."

In my case, I didn't start this thread, I responded to what I regard as some very dubious arguments. I have seen you attempt to argue Ron Moore having a greater knowledge of TOS when he did the mini than the factual record indicates, and this seems to be another attempt to state that.

For myself, the frustration will only end when (I hope) this series dies a quick death and then I can celebrate.
The factual record is what it is. The opinions of two individuals who read the same Moore interviews are another story. Your opinion is that Moore is ignorant of TOS. It is my opinion reading the exact same interviews that he is well versed in TOS and BSG80. Since neither of us can read his mind we both are only speculating.

Just look at the new series and the mini as any other TV show you don't care about and don't even think about. Let go of the hate. It isn't worth your effort. Leave the Moore world talk to those that are interested. We can all meet and be friends on all the TOS threads. Some threads cross both worlds. If you don't see it, just let it go.