Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Games in your system right now (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9777)

DarkJedi March 10th, 2005 02:27 AM

Games in your system right now

So its interesting to see what kind of games people have in their systems at any given time...

Right now my xbox has the New Republic Commando
my computer has Knights of the Old Republic II

so what's in your system?

cranky1c March 10th, 2005 04:51 AM

Armed and Dangerous, Mafia, Iron Storm, Ghost Recon, Freelancer

BRG March 10th, 2005 07:06 AM

Knights of the Old Republic
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Championship Manager 03/04
Grand Prix 2000

I don't play alot, but when I'm in the mood I like an RPG. For just a quick fix, I will have a half hour on the Playstation.
BRG

cranky1c March 10th, 2005 08:19 AM

Truth be told, the video game I am playing most is the "Spongebob Squarepants Movie" game for PS2. My son has some trouble with some of the puzzles and the time trials so I get called in as ready reserve. We make quite a sight.

Archangel March 10th, 2005 08:21 AM

At the moment, I have Dungeon Siege and DS: Legends of Aranna in my PC.

gmd3d March 10th, 2005 08:29 AM

the Game I have at the moment is Shogun total war . A simple strategy game :salute:

Darrell Lawrence March 10th, 2005 11:51 AM

I have Mindsweep and Solitare.

...err Not what you meant, is it? :D

sihirvyth2 March 10th, 2005 12:35 PM

I'm currently addicted to World of Warcraft.
On the PS2 I've been playing NCAA 2003 BBall

braxiss March 10th, 2005 01:01 PM

still battling halo 2

warhammerdriver March 10th, 2005 06:29 PM

Mechwarrior4: Vengance
Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries
MechCommander 2
(Unfortunately there are no Warhammers in thos Battletech based games :( )

The Sims 2 (You can spend a LOT of time on this one and not even realize it!)

Spike The Cylon March 13th, 2005 02:41 PM

BSG for the ps2

:colonial: :bg04: :cylon: :Ncylon: :viper: :viper2:

StarshipTrooper March 13th, 2005 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braxiss
still battling halo 2

Hi,

I am as well. Halo 2 is in my Xbox drive at the moment.

Regards,

Nathan

:warrior:

braxiss March 13th, 2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarshipTrooper
Hi,

I am as well. Halo 2 is in my Xbox drive at the moment.

Regards,

Nathan

sweet :thumbsup: :salute:

DarkJedi March 14th, 2005 03:09 AM

OK.. so I changed out my Xbox game... its now the SW BattleFront. We were playing earlier. lol Though my box did get used for a HALO party this weekend.... I don't think it'll ever be the same again. lol ;)

In my computer is a new game called Pirates. Its a revamped game from a long time ago. :) Its looking pretty sweet so far.

In my gameboy advanced....I have Texas Hold 'em. Gotta work on my poker skills. ;)

Rowan March 14th, 2005 01:26 PM

Do any of you ever play games like MYST?

Rigel_No_6 March 14th, 2005 01:44 PM

I used to play that...I could never get past a certain point and finally gave up. I should see if that will work on my puny system at home and see if I've gotten any smarter. :Nsalute: I should look for something like Resident Evil, too, that was a good game. Hmmm, we have Vampire the Masquerade; I'll have to see if that will work.

Myself, I'm X-box-less and only have a handful of games that will run on my poor 733 system at home. I play Half-Life, MechWarrior 3 (but it sometimes crashes), and Diablo II Explansion whenever I get the chance but I need to find the install disks to fix a problem on it...sigh...there's always something.

I look forward to the day when I have disposable income and can get an X-box and buy Halo and Halo 2 and play it or another game online with my big brother.

gmd3d March 14th, 2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

I look forward to the day when I have disposable income
me to ...me to :salute:

braxiss March 22nd, 2005 08:26 PM

just completed halo 2, so i guess i'll put red dead revolver back in and see if i can finish it

BRG March 23rd, 2005 07:15 AM

Red 5 standing by.

I've started playing the old classic X-Wing Alliance over the last few days. I'm not very good at this game, and I'm still on the "Family" missions at the moment. My wee brother was great at this game, and I used to 'help' him(basicly I sat and watched!). But since he has moved away, I have to try myself. And I never get far before giving up! :cry:

Still, it's a brilliant game. :salute:
BRG

StarshipTrooper March 24th, 2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braxiss
just completed halo 2, so i guess i'll put red dead revolver back in and see if i can finish it

Hi,

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

:thumbsup: :salute: :beer: :colada: :corona: :maitai: :mushies: :balloon:

I'm about halfway through Halo 2, although I haven't been playing it as often as I'd like. I'm still on the easy level. After completing the game, I'll play it at the harder levels.

Regards,

Nathan

Rowan March 24th, 2005 12:40 PM

You guys and your Halo!!! you have me terribly currious and this is not good!!! I get addicted to games far to easily!!! So tell me all about it :D ;)

cranky1c March 24th, 2005 12:47 PM

Halo is, design wise, a fairly run of the mill first person shooter game for console and PC, with art design equal to any game you've ever seen. It's a straight shooter game, but the environments, the weapons and environmental design are unbelievable. The sequel, Halo2, has been out since about November is leading to divorces and failing grades all over North America.

Rowan March 24th, 2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranky1c
Halo is, design wise, a fairly run of the mill first person shooter game for console and PC, with art design equal to any game you've ever seen. It's a straight shooter game, but the environments, the weapons and environmental design are unbelievable. The sequel, Halo2, has been out since about November is leading to divorces and failing grades all over North America.

:LOL: god I believe it because that is how a game affects me I never stop playing until I get it out of my system. Which usually takes months :D 10 to 16 hours straight with just enough time for bathroom breaks, I even forget to eat ;) :D
bad very bad LOL! :D ;)

Bojay March 24th, 2005 02:04 PM

While you all are playing with yourselves, I prefer on-line stuff.

Star Wars Galaxies <-- live, work and die in the Star Wars universe

Everquest II <-- Had to try it, didnt like it, gonna sell it, Lord of the Rings type world

Jumpgate <-- Best space flight sim ever made

Aces High <-- WWII fighter combat, you against ppl all over the world

TopGun March 24th, 2005 02:31 PM

what's jumpgate like?

I'm a big Wing Commander fan myself

Bojay March 24th, 2005 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopGun
what's jumpgate like?

I'm a big Wing Commander fan myself

Jumpgate is about the closest you can get to flying in space. It is fluid space, so there is a tad of gavity. You can be a miner, or commerice boat captain to make money. Lots of different mission. The enemy are called conflux. Space marine life. The nastest foe Ive had in ANY sim Ive done.

With the steam of new on-liners out there. JG has only about 100-200 regular players, so you do get a lot of one on one from good folk. On the other hand the conflux run rabid, and you have to run for your life a lot.

The learning curve is real high, but then so are most of the newer on-liners. BTW thye do use both energy and projectile weapons. either way the flight dynamics will take you a few weeks to get the hang of. The combat dyamics will take you a lot longer.

Its a free download and you can zip about off-line. try it, if you like it, then you can go on-line and run for your life.

Oh yeah there are grievers. Players that have nothing better to do than to hunt down noobs and blow them a part. It is a full PVP sim.

braxiss March 24th, 2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarshipTrooper
Hi,

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

:thumbsup: :salute: :beer: :colada: :corona: :maitai: :mushies: :balloon:

I'm about halfway through Halo 2, although I haven't been playing it as often as I'd like. I'm still on the easy level. After completing the game, I'll play it at the harder levels.

Regards,

Nathan

thanks, after i finish red dead revolver, i think i'll play again on ledgenary level(how knows, i might even survive) :D

cranky1c March 25th, 2005 06:14 AM

My problem with the persistent online gaming stuff is that it seems like a career. It seems like you have to spend a lot of time to get to a point in the game where it's fun. I have enough work as it is. Also, call me cheap, but I like to finish paying to play a game at the checkout counter of the store.

StarshipTrooper March 26th, 2005 12:03 PM

Hi,

Halo was also one of the first Xbox shooter games to feature vehicles. That really did make the game stand out. My favorite is the Warthog, a futuristic four wheeler vehicle. You can spend hours and hours exploring terrain in that game. And there's the Banshee to fly around in, and of course the Scorpion tank that will blow anything up!

:salute:

Regards,

Nathan

gmd3d March 26th, 2005 12:13 PM

I have no game on my PC have to conserve space for rendering my pics. I things I do
and suffer for my art :cry: