Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dawg (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   To Thine Own Self: Discussion Thread (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6381)

Dawg February 28th, 2004 09:24 PM

To Thine Own Self: Discussion Thread

Here's where you can tell me what a great job I did on my fanfic effort: To Thine Own Self

;)

Let me know what you think!

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

BST February 28th, 2004 10:31 PM

You did a great job on this story!! :D

Dawg,

Just finished reading it and I like this story. I don't want to go into too many details until some more folks read it but, I like the premise of the story. Do you plan on it being a stand-alone story or will there be more adventures for Ramses?

BST

shiningstar March 1st, 2004 08:07 PM

You did a fantastic job Dawg on your Fan fiction ........keep writing! :thumbsup:

martok2112 March 6th, 2004 03:48 PM

Wow!

There are some really cool fanfics here. Dawg, as with Kingfish, I am truly impressed.

This story is very intriguing. It, as with Kingfish's story, stays true to the feel of Classic Galactica. I love where you are going with this, and I cannot wait to read more. Life on the road is a busy life indeed.

Keep up the good work, my brotha,
Respectfully,
Martok2112

Antelope March 8th, 2004 04:56 PM

A very good story, Dawg! Thanks for writing. It would have been a great episode for TOS season 2!

Muffit March 10th, 2004 02:35 PM

I will be reading this soon Dawg! Can't wait!

Affectionately,
Muffit

Muffit March 14th, 2004 12:18 PM

Hi Dawg! Well, I have to agree with Antelope, this would've been a great episode for season 2! It has mystery and heart, perfect for BSG. And you did a marvelous job of sustaining the supense until Ramses' true nature was revealed.

I really loved some of the passages...

=======================================================
He bent slightly and their lips met, briefly, fully, in a momentary kiss that lasted forever but ended far too soon.

Very, very cool!

Ramses stepped up so mere inches separated them; eyes of black ice bored into eyes of gray, and the gray eyes flinched.

Terrific imagery!

He shut down his pulsars as the first of the Vipers began to land, the canopy releasing with a hiss.

I could practically hear this happen myself!
I also love the title of the story...

Dawg, I think you're on to something really special here - not just how well you wrote the story, but the idea of episodic-length stories - what a great idea!!! You should do lots more of these and put them into a compilation!

I am SO impressed with the talent our fellow CF fans possess. Please, please write more of these Dawg! I think the concept of writing episode-length stories is a truly wonderful idea. I hope to see more of Ramses soon!!! :)

Affectionately,
Muffit
:muffit:

shiningstar March 18th, 2004 05:48 PM

Dawg? When will you write MORE? ;)

jewels June 9th, 2004 08:39 AM

Dawg, I agree with Muffit. There is some very special wordsmithing going on in your story. Beautifully written stuff.

Season 2, Season 5, Season 10---could have been placed anywhere in there and fit perfectly. Perfectly set in Glen's, Leslie's, Don Bellisario's, Jim Carlson's and Terry McDonnell's BG universe. Like walking into a lost script. :thumbsup:

Dawg June 9th, 2004 10:47 AM

:blush:

Eric Paddon January 21st, 2006 09:50 AM

Nice story! Kind of touches on another aspect of how planets allied with Colonial Civilization would surely have also been caught up in the destruction of the Colonies that night and had their own survivors brought into the Fleet. The presence of these "Praetans" thus could easily be understood in the same context that there are also Borellian Nomen in the Fleet. Would be nice to see some more background on them developed in another story.

shiningstar October 25th, 2006 05:48 PM

I love the story! Another great one Dawg! I bow to the master :salute: