Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   How do you like Galactica? post miniseries airing (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6101)

thomas7g February 6th, 2004 04:20 AM

How do you like Galactica? post miniseries airing

Just taking a poll. Please select which one is you.

amberstar February 6th, 2004 04:28 AM

Tom I don't see any choices...........

Amber

thomas7g February 6th, 2004 04:42 AM

I was indecisiive making the options up. :)

koenigrules February 6th, 2004 05:04 AM

Support Both

I would support a continuation/revival of the old, but also LOVE the new.
By the way, nice to see you guys back up!! :)

Sci-Fi February 6th, 2004 05:25 AM

I voted for both (TOS and Mini), and would like to see as much as the old cast "Launch When Ready" in their Vipers one or more times. Hope the Mini gets the official greenlight soon. And I also would be supportive/receptive to a Battlestar Pegasus movie too (est in 2006?).
:salute: :superholy

RommieSG February 6th, 2004 05:42 AM

I voted for the third option. Looking forward to both productions going forward in their endeavours.

Rommie :cylon:

Stevew February 6th, 2004 05:59 AM

Tom
Are we back on line?
:confused:
S

Jayworld February 6th, 2004 06:04 AM

I voted for the first option. I certainly don't begrudge anyone if they liked the mini series, and I certainly don't "blame" anyone except for Bonnnie Hammer, Sci-Fi, and Universal for the decision of the mini-series in the first place. The mini-series has done one positive thing for me (a total TOS supporter); it has brought even more name recognition to the Battlestar Galactica franchise. Now I can enjoy the new Rittenhouse card set (very, very impressive), as well as the PS2 game and TOS DVD boxed set.

Looking forward to the new action figures later this year of TOS....

Thanks,
Jayworld

Lusitan February 6th, 2004 06:57 AM

Voted first option.
I've been reading too much fanfic to know it could have been done alot better.

Gemini1999 February 6th, 2004 07:06 AM

I voted for the second option...

I enjoy TOS with the greatest of enthusiasm - the mini didn't thrill me, but I can live with it being out there, I just hope that they make the best of it while it's there. I really want to see a continuation film - I would love to see how it would do at the box office!

Bryan
________

Titon February 6th, 2004 07:10 AM

I put my vote in for the original, always will be the best in my eyes.

The mini is a shell of the original

Dawg February 6th, 2004 07:32 AM

Only one way to vote for me.

Just you guess which. ;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

jewels February 6th, 2004 07:33 AM

I voted for the original, with the mini as a ripoff. That's because I see putting the Galactica name on Moore's work as having been done for pure marketing name recognition.

But I have no qualms about the mini going to series if it does. It is a blessing that they deviated so far that the TOS universe was untouched. I'm sure it wasn't meant to happen that way but it gives me hope for a continuation....everything else weird has happened to this property, why not?

I still believe our ships have a phoenix complex and they will return to the screen.

Jewels

Titon February 6th, 2004 07:43 AM

Quote:

I voted for the original, with the mini as a ripoff. That's because I see putting the Galactica name on Moore's work as having been done for pure marketing name recognition.
Amen Sister!

I'm back baby!

;)

Lurkerzrule February 6th, 2004 08:11 AM

Loved Original , new is ech w/ caveat.

I not sure "support" the mini-series accurate for what I feel toward it. The new mini, IMHO, had elements that were done well. Also, IMO, It wasn't all it was hyped to be. I believe it is following the trends, that some writers of TV are taking, that you have to write and film all the sex, violence and show it to the viewers because the viewers lack imagination and intelligence to figure out the valid story plotpoints for themselves.

The above being said, I would/will watch the mini to see where they intend to take it. So, my ^ to my vote is : I love the Original Battlestar Galactica, will support a continuation of BSG TOS, but would/will just watch the new mini for now. :)

Tibbetts February 6th, 2004 10:28 AM

I think both the old and the new should be made. :D I want to see at least a Continuation Movie and the newBSG series on Sci-Fi Channel in 2004. More fans that find Battlestar Galactica the better!

TO: Don & Tom,

Thanks for bringing back Colonial Fleets. I hope this works out. Bring on Battlestar Galactica in any form! :D

With Utmost Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts :salute:

repcisg February 6th, 2004 12:16 PM

The new show is a pain I can live with, the old show is a timeless classic!

shiningstar February 6th, 2004 12:55 PM

I think you can guess which way I voted ;)

Imagination February 6th, 2004 01:03 PM

Where's MY option?

I like them both!

Ethan February 6th, 2004 01:08 PM

Okay, like I've said before . . .

"I want to say that I like (note the present tense, as if things never really ended) TOS. I also like the Mini. I am also interested in a contiuation, a spin off of the Battlestar Pegasus, and many of the other fan fiction that I have read. As a matter of fact, I would even be open to mixing some of them. Just imagine, The Ships of Light kidnap Tyrol and Sharon, and bring them to TOS universe where Sharon's knowledge of Cylons could prevent Apollo from being Clone bait! Its far fetched, I know, but I have an active imagination."

One of the things that irked me about the new show was that I couldn't feel comfortable sharing it with my 5-year-old son. Besides that, it is just another piece of fan fiction IMO (In My Opinion, right?). What I like the most about CF is that I saw a lot of people supporting each other, even though sometimes they were trying to be supportive despite the negative experiences. I didn't see anything serious until . .

Well, lets not go there. What I like about CF is that it is mostly a positive, upbeat type of place. I think we need more of that. If this site starts focusing one one thing (like art for example), so be it. Just as long as it remains postive.

Thats what I like.

shiningstar February 6th, 2004 01:20 PM

Ethan welcome to the fleet. I "LIKE" your imagination :thumbsup:

bsg1fan1975 February 6th, 2004 01:23 PM

I think a few of you know how I voted!

shiningstar February 6th, 2004 01:51 PM

I think so too BSG :thumbsup:

amberstar February 6th, 2004 02:58 PM

I can see them now :)

I voted for #1. That's just how I feel, but it doesn't bother me any more that the mini is there. This world is big enough for both.
With time we should soon see Galactica the way it was ment to be, or the way I would love tosee it.
((( Desanto/ Larson))) ;)

Amber

PS Good to see you back Don!

shiningstar February 6th, 2004 03:11 PM

Me too Amberstar!

shiningstar February 6th, 2004 03:12 PM

By the way Amberstar .......welcome home. :salute: :warrior: :salute:

amberstar February 6th, 2004 03:19 PM

It's been too long Shiningstar, Great to see you again!!!!!!!!!

Amberstar

thomas7g February 6th, 2004 03:34 PM

interesting poll sofar. :)

Absolutely no votes against the continuation movie being made. I was hoping for that.

shiningstar February 6th, 2004 03:34 PM

I like it ........ the poll I mean.

jewels February 6th, 2004 04:15 PM

What's interesting too is if you add the ambivelent, the enhs, and the I want boths: you end up with a tie with the mini is a ripoff.

I voted ripoff because to me the content was entirely new, characters essentially new. If the thing goes to series or they somehow do more of it: fine, no worries and no problems from me about that, it can exist. The name is just misfortunately applied. IMO.

All I'm trying to say is those dingleberries in Hollywood have themselves 2 viable franchises: go make more. ;) I love that no one voted against a continuation of some sort.