Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I've soled out! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2720)

peter noble April 25th, 2003 11:26 AM

I've soled out!

No, really, my shoe's got a hole in it.

Someone get me a cobbler ASAP!

Peter (talking cobblers)

ojai22 April 25th, 2003 08:54 PM

Ha! I'm a wandering soul with no soles. No cobblers, either. Never ran with the devil, but flirted with him....

...and they always say when you kiss on the devil...you piss off a saint.......so we do have to be very careful.......:naughty:

cirix April 26th, 2003 02:13 AM

...wait...

Didn't the devil...but he did, didn't he? He sold you some soleless souls thats why all cobblers are going to hell because the lost souls that got sold without soles needed to cobbled by the cobbler?

thomas7g April 26th, 2003 03:55 AM

I know of this story about a cobbler that our plight reminds us of.

One man decided he wanted to create an animated film. He didn't want to make a synthesized film approved by accountants and ad execs with litle plush toy characters thrown in for toy sales...

He wanted to make a piece of art.

So for 25 years he animated a film.. all by himself! 25 years he labored. Occasionally paying out of his own pocket to hire people to help.

He put all his hear and soul into a story about a poor cobbler, a beggar, horribly poor. But he falls in love with a princess, the daughter of a Sultan. But the kingdom is threatened by the Sultan's most trusted aid, a Grand Viser (played by Vincent Price in his last role). The Viser had a hypnotic snake staff which he was entrancing the Sultan.

Does that sound familiar? Well... Disney ripped the idea to create Aladdin.

But the story gets worse.... This man is getting older... his ideas ripped off he tries to finish the film the only way he can, he takes a loan from a big animation company. But he still can't finish the monumental task in time. And this film, the one he worked on for 25 years.....its taken away from him.

The unfinished parts of the film are sent off to Korea and Japan to be made as cheap as possible. You literally can see the difference when the film switches to the foreign made scenes.

Not only that... the animation company decides to make it more "marketable". They tear out scenesm add new ones. They add silly songs for each character to sing! Even for the main character, the cobbler who is a MUTE! The whole movie was writen to poetically revolve around the character who could not speak... now he sings "I want..." songs!

The movie is horribly mangled.

it dies at the box office.

so ends the story of the Theif and the Cobbler (released as The Princess and the Cobbler)
:(

emerita April 26th, 2003 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ojai22
Ha! I'm a wandering soul with no soles. No cobblers, either. Never ran with the devil, but flirted with him....

...and they always say when you "kiss on the Devil...you piss off a Saint".......so we do have to be very careful.......:naughty:

The Blue Mule April 26th, 2003 11:26 AM

Hi All!

Yes,it's unfourtunate that Richard Williams sure got reamed by Disney, and now they are screwing around with Hayao Miyazaki's artistic endevors. Funny how the busniss educated men crap on the people who have visions.
Disney had the rights to all the Miyazaki (Ghibilie Studios) yet all of the films have had only limited releases, and Spirited Away has no advertising on TV at all. But just to let you know SA is on DVD now, and Laputa:Castle in the Sky, (which I Highly reccomend) Oh well I hope that future Japanese Animation studios stear clear of any Disney backed projects. Notorious Backstabbers. Educated theives. Visionless Imagineers. Oh wait I just described Unversal, and Sci Fi Channel.:)

Laters!

P.S. I am very relieved that CF is still up and running,and in my opinion, has become more stronger than ever, from what we experienced because of Moore's Vision. A Miyazaki he is not, not by a Long Shot.

Rich.

ojai22 April 26th, 2003 01:08 PM

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Quote:

Originally posted by ojai22

...and they always say when you kiss on the devil...you piss off a saint.......so we do have to be very careful.......:naughty:

I WAS READING THIS THREAD AND FOUND SOMETHING ON MY POST THAT I DIDN'T WRITE. I KEPT READING AND FOUND IT WAS EMERITA'S POST THAT WAS ALSO PLACED ON MY POST.

I CAN GO BACK TO MY ORIGNAL POST AND DELETE IT, BUT HOW DID IT HAPPEN? YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING, I'M PUZZLED, NOT STUPID.

ojai22 April 26th, 2003 01:14 PM

BLUE MULE,

When I saw Princess Mononoke, I was just blown away. I rented it from Netflix. They now have Spirited Away but there's a very long wait. Kiki's Delivery Service is now available also, and another long wait. These are DVD's that I want to buy. I want to have these, to look at anytime.

ojai22 April 26th, 2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cirix
...wait...
He sold you some soleless souls thats why all cobblers are going to hell because the lost souls that got sold without soles needed to cobbled by the cobbler?

What I'm looking for are soul-less soles, so I don't have to worry about the cobbler going to hell.

ojai22 April 26th, 2003 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Warrior
WTH??? :laugh:

Look at what I'm saying, O One-Who-Walks-Alone, Emerita's post ended up in two places. That woman has a magic computer...I'll bet she has a cobbler in her basement, too.

Or were you confused about this thread in general? Looks good to me....

Muffit April 26th, 2003 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cirix
...wait...

Didn't the devil...but he did, didn't he? He sold you some soleless souls thats why all cobblers are going to hell because the lost souls that got sold without soles needed to cobbled by the cobbler?

Hi cirix!! Welcome to Colonial Fleets!

:muffit:

emerita April 27th, 2003 06:12 AM

Wow, I have never had a post jump like that...lol...... all I did was hit the quote button....after all these years I still don't have complete control over my powers.......:naughty:

Flamingo Girl April 27th, 2003 09:16 AM

Powers? What are you, a superhero?

Da na na na na na....Quote Girl!

Boxey April 29th, 2003 06:57 AM

Hey cirix dear!Is your loveable darren from wbs deary!Welcome to the forum sexy!Now I just post here as you can see.;)

bsg1fan1975 May 5th, 2003 04:48 AM

Can I get a slice of peach cobbler? Don't want the holes though. :devil: