Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Another introduction (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12226)

Kovecca October 29th, 2005 08:20 PM

Another introduction

:salute: Kovecca asking permission to come on board.

My real name is Dirk van Zuilen and I'm posting from The Netherlands.

I came across this site a couple of hours ago, while I was looking for pics of BSG ships.
The original Battlestar Galactica is the reason I got interested in Science Fiction and though it isn't my biggest hobby (little plastic building bricks from Denmark hold that position), it has always had a special place in my heart.
This is due to the intriguing premise and the fantastic desings.
Basically, I want a Viper!

Looking forward to enjoying myself over here.

Dirk

BST October 29th, 2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovecca
:salute: Kovecca asking permission to come on board.

My real name is Dirk van Zuilen and I'm posting from The Netherlands.

I came across this site a couple of hours ago, while I was looking for pics of BSG ships.
The original Battlestar Galactica is the reason I got interested in Science Fiction and though it isn't my biggest hobby (little plastic building bricks from Denmark hold that position), it has always had a special place in my heart.
This is due to the intriguing premise and the fantastic desings.
Basically, I want a Viper!

Looking forward to enjoying myself over here.

Dirk

Welcome to the Fleets, Kovecca!

Hmmm, looks like you might need one of these -- :beer:

Well, here ya go (catch),

:beer:

:)

Lara October 29th, 2005 10:03 PM

hey, Kovecca, welcome..

if its artwork/ pics you'd like to see, this is a good site. Lots of talented types that are good with the electronic crayons, and more than a few others who have archives of cool stuff/ references that the studios could only dream of!

Generally if you ask "does anyone know where there is a (pic/article) of ( xxx)?? someone will pop up with a great reference..

Enjoy!!

Cheers,
Lara (who still wants a Viper, and a colonial warriors uniform..)

Compass October 30th, 2005 12:50 AM

Hi Kovecca. :salute:

Sept17th October 30th, 2005 01:53 AM

ATTENTION ON DECK, welcome aboard sir.

ernie90125 October 30th, 2005 02:43 AM

Dirk,

Why don't you make a model with the bricks of the Galactica....or a Viper....and post pictures of it here on Fleets ?

I will be interesting to see. I remember I made a model of the Galactica with Tente bricks when I was a kid. I'm sure anything you make will be a lot better..........

Welcome to Fleets...

Titon October 30th, 2005 04:26 AM

Welcome to Fleets sir!

:)

gmd3d October 30th, 2005 04:39 AM

Welcome to the fleet Kovecca. :)

Kovecca October 30th, 2005 06:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm currently exploring the site and will post as I go along.

As for Ernie90125's remark.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
Why don't you make a model with the bricks of the Galactica....or a Viper....and post pictures of it here on Fleets ?

I will be interesting to see. I remember I made a model of the Galactica with Tente bricks when I was a kid. I'm sure anything you make will be a lot better..........

It has been done several times. Some are better than others.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/se...ica&stype=dfic

I am planning on making a viper (it's one of several projects I have going on in my head), but I don't have a camera at this time.
When I have made it (and I will, just don't hold your breath) and I get pics of it, I will post them on this site.

I'll be seeing you between the stars.

ernie90125 October 30th, 2005 06:57 AM

Kovecca.....I hadn't seen the images in the link you posted.....although I did see a stunning Lego Base Star a while back..... but I did know that Galactica models have been done before.

My comments were aimed at you as encouragement to develop your own Galactica models. I hope you will follow your plans, and be able to find a camera to post the images for us....I'll look forwards to it....