Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Greetings (Again!) (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12094)

newt October 7th, 2005 09:02 PM

Greetings (Again!)

Hello all....

You may remember me. or not....I was pretty active with the original push to bring Galactica back under the Hatch "Second Coming" concept several years back, and was a vocal presence on the original Sci Fi board for Galactica. During that time, I discovered CF, and eventually joined. Three years ago, things were wierd for Galactica fans; bogus polls, rumors, etc. A new site appeared and I migrated to that site based on strong words of approval for the founder from one in particular who posted much on the old Sci Fi board about the ins and outs about the DeSanto and Hatch efforts.

I enjoyed the new place as it morphed into other realms. Sadly, I was informed within the past month that there is a "minimum posting" requirement for that site now, and that my continued participation was no longer welcome. Despite the fact that I have experienced extraordinary personal influences which have precluded my involvement in anything related to Galactica, the current owner of the site deemed that my presence was no longer warranted. I really don'tunderstand why, but that is old news now...

So I recalled Colonial Fleets, how active it was in the glory days of trying to bring back the old bird in all of its glory, and was elated to learn that despite not having posted for almost two years, my account was still active. I hope that I can return to this place, although I cannot promise I can participate as strongly as many of the posters here. But, like many of you, I have a strong affinity for the original Galactica, as well as several other old science fiction shows.

Thanks for reading my soliloquy (sp?) and I hope that I may enjoy a return to CF :)

Sincerely,
-newt

BST October 7th, 2005 09:20 PM

NEWT !!

I sure as heck remember you from the Skiffy Outhouse. If memory serves, your handle was newtnoise, right?

Well, now that the intro is done....

Welcome back to Fleets!

This round's on me...

:beer: :beer:

BST

:)

newt October 7th, 2005 09:27 PM

BST...originally was newtnoise,also here at CF... then I screwed up my account and rejoined CF as newt a few years back, then slumbered into the "twilight zone"....amazing what has transpired, I almost feel like Rip Van Wynkle :) Thanks for the welcome. I'm tring to renavigate CF again, and I see that much has transpired since I last was here!

I went by Skiffy a few month sback...*sigh*....you know though they still have links to the old posts, but you click on them and they give errors. Classis...classic discussions!

Lara October 8th, 2005 12:15 AM

hey! Another familiar name steps out of the shadows.. :D :D

Welcome back..
Cheers,
Lara
(who was a lurker/newbie when you were most active)

Titon October 8th, 2005 07:08 AM

Newt! I remembers you!

Welcome back!

:)

gmd3d October 8th, 2005 10:21 AM

welcome :)

bsg1fan1975 October 11th, 2005 10:22 AM

welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyImmortal October 11th, 2005 11:36 AM

Greetings Newt-man!

I too remember you and welcome you back! ENJOY THE BOARD! :)

--Rhonda