Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chats, Interviews, and Podcasts (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Tom DeSanto Interview Transcript (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11668)

peter noble August 23rd, 2005 12:25 PM

Tom DeSanto Interview Transcript

Read it here.

http://www.cylon.org/bsg/DeSanto-int01.html

Titon August 23rd, 2005 01:04 PM

Thanks for posting this man!

I actually burned the IFB podcasts to disk and play it in my truck all the time.

Darrell Lawrence August 23rd, 2005 01:07 PM

Well... I don't go as looney as Don with it, but I do play it on my CD portion of my house stereo system loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear... (rather than drive around in a truck playing it so the entire city can hear it)

Titon August 23rd, 2005 01:09 PM

Hey i have to use something to cover up all that cryin!

:cry:

tracyb144 August 23rd, 2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon
Hey i have to use something to cover up all that cryin!

Cryin' ....Cryin'....Cryin'....Cryyyyyyyyyyyin...I'm Cryyyyyyyyin'........CRYYYYYYYYIN'..........oo......ooooover youuuuuuuuuuuu :cry:

Titon August 23rd, 2005 01:38 PM

*sniff*

Thanks for the serenade Tracy.

*sniff sniff*

peter noble August 23rd, 2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior
Well... I don't go as looney as Don with it, but I do play it on my CD portion of my house stereo system loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear... (rather than drive around in a truck playing it so the entire city can hear it)

Expect a court order from the noise abatement society real soon! ;)

tracyb144 August 23rd, 2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

*sniff*

Thanks for the serenade Tracy.

*sniff sniff*

No problem Don.
I just wish I didn't have to sing it :(

Darrell Lawrence August 23rd, 2005 11:00 PM

Good thing Tracy hasa good voice ;)

Peter, around here, I don't think they understood a word of it in the first place!

Titon August 24th, 2005 06:39 AM

Quote:

Peter, around here, I don't think they understood a word of it in the first place!
I beg to differ!

:D

martok2112 August 24th, 2005 07:30 AM

"No one understands the heartache----no one feels the pain!
No one ever sees the teeeeaaarrrrrssss----when you're cryin' in the rain!"

Sept17th August 24th, 2005 07:45 AM

I bet DeSanto is a WhiteSnake fan :rotf:

peter noble August 24th, 2005 07:51 AM

I can't believe you said that!

Titon August 24th, 2005 07:57 AM

Quote:

I bet DeSanto is a WhiteSnake fan
Here i go again on my own...........!

Er right don't quit my day job!

Actually i bet it's Def Leppard!

Darrell Lawrence August 24th, 2005 11:01 AM

Quote:

I beg to differ!

I meant the neighborhood.

They all speak no English.

Ethan September 29th, 2005 04:42 PM

That interview is GREAT! I got all teary at the end.

Finally . . . someone that "Gets it".

Ethan

:salute: :) :salute: :) :salute: :) :salute:

peter noble September 29th, 2005 05:26 PM

We all might not make it to the end of the journey, but hopefully one day, someone will take the best series Glen A. Larson ever conceived in his career in TV production, and treat with the love and respect, and care and attention it truly deserves.

Best,

Peter

Titon September 29th, 2005 05:42 PM

You are wise and intelligent guru Mister Noble, truely wise.

;)

If nothing else we'll give it a bit of a stroke here.

oldwardaggit September 29th, 2005 06:59 PM

Why all the crying? I'm sitting here crying my self and I don't even Know why. :cry:

Anyone got a tissue?

I think Tom Desanto Listens to Short Notice. he he he he
Maybe I will play the interview in between my bands sets so all the bar drunks can scratch their heads and say, F$%# I can't dance to that. Then you would see some drunks up there that would actually try. :D

OWD

oldwardaggit September 29th, 2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble
We all might not make it to the end of the journey, but hopefully one day, someone will take the best series Glen A. Larson ever conceived in his career in TV production, and treat with the love and respect, and care and attention it truly deserves.

Best,

Peter

You really think someone will want to take that much time with Night man?
:rotf:
OWD

dilbertman October 21st, 2005 10:11 AM

After sending the links to Tom about the Galactica Redesign over at scifi-meshes. He replied back with this message.

Quote:

Very cool stuff with the designs. It was great to get a chance to talk to Bill and the fans for Cylon.org. Still hope to get Galactica off the ground one day even as an animated show. Give the fans my best.

Looking Forward,
Tom
Jim :D

Fragmentary October 22nd, 2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilbertman
After sending the links to Tom about the Galactica Redesign over at scifi-meshes. He replied back with this message.

Jim :D

Sounds like he's still pushing the animated version. Which I don't have a problem with at all, but I know is a point of contention with some fans.

dilbertman October 22nd, 2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragmentary
Sounds like he's still pushing the animated version. Which I don't have a problem with at all, but I know is a point of contention with some fans.

"EVEN AS"

He would still like to do a live action show first. But if he can't do that then he'll fall back to a animated one done like "Final Fantasy" movies. Hopefully one day Tom will be in a spot like Peter Jackson is today with "King Kong". Just to NBC/U and say "I want to do Battlestar Galactica" and they give it to him.

Jim :)

ernie90125 October 23rd, 2005 03:33 PM

This is a position I support. A live action show would be my primary desire, however rather than have nothing I would accept an Animation......or of course...both !!!!!

I surprised after X-men he didn't have the 'Peter Jackson' effect...or perhaps he did which is why they gave him the series that was so brutally taken away.....

I still think continueing to keep the faith in a Continuation is the way to go......

oldwardaggit October 24th, 2005 09:23 AM

I'm thinking that Brian Singer got all the credit for the X-men and even though little things were changed like the suites they had on, it still stayed mainly true to the original sorce and from what I heard, that had more to do with Tom Desanto.

When Brian Singer left the Galactica production, Fox dropped out even though Tom Desanto had other really good directors willing to take the job.

Some day , we will get our continuation. Someday :)

spcglider October 24th, 2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragmentary

Sorry to butt into the conversation, folks, but that's precisely what I had suggested to Richard Hatch about three years ago when he was talking with me about doing digital stuff for the Second Coming trailer.

I think an animated series would be peachy-keen. It would give all the remaining cast a chance to reprise their characters and not worry about whether or not they fit into skin-tight battlesuits anymore! :rotf:

-Gordon

ernie90125 October 24th, 2005 02:57 PM

Welcome to Fleets Gordon.....you're not butting in at all....you're very welcome to join in.....

I think most fans wouldn't mind an Animated adventure if it was as well as a live action Continuation. However, I would be very sad to only have an animated adventure....

But I'd be even more sad to have nothing......so roll on whatever comes our way (Continuation wise!!!)

spcglider October 24th, 2005 03:14 PM

The thing that would recommend an animated continuation is tht you could literally pick up where the series left off. You wouldn't have to worry about finding a Commander Adama or Baltar look-alike OR finding a sensitive way of writing them out of the show. You just animate and cast voice talent.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! I have yet to really explore this board.

OT: Just got back into CLASSIC Galactica BIG TIME. I have a bunch of resin props available for sale that I'm making. You can ask Charybdis about my quality! :)

-Gordon

BST October 24th, 2005 05:30 PM

*sigh

Pessimist: "What could have been"
Optomist: "What could still be!"

Keepin' the Faith!

(Yikes, I haven't used that sig in a long time. Ah well, time to dust off the old girl!)

;)

Darrell Lawrence October 24th, 2005 10:06 PM

Welcome, Gordon ;)

So you're the one that put the animated idea into Richard's head a few years ago? I had a conversation with him about possibly doing animations of his books back when I was his webmaster. He mentioned then that someone else had brought an animation idea up with him.

On another note, regarding the reson models- Note in our gallery that the physical models category is kinda, well... empty :D Feel free to post pics of your models there.