Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Adama Journals... its still happening (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17040)

David Kerin June 8th, 2009 06:19 PM

Adama Journals... its still happening

Hey all... I am coming out of a time that has kept me so freakin' busy (regular work and some cool freelance things) I have not been able to work on any of the fun projects I'd like to, with BSG The Adama Journals being one of them. But just to remind people that it is not dead and I am really eager to get back to it I've decided to quick put together a mixture of some shots I've already created.

Since this is an animated project I've decided to go a little more rich in colors and backgrounds than the original show used. Also since this is purely a fan effort and not for money of any sort I'm utilizing some great backgrounds from NASA photographs and some other great stuff around the web. Will try and make sure credit is given.

Don't have any of the characters in this sequence, but have voice recordings for some already and looking forward to that aspect of it.

Hope you enjoy the spaceship shots I put together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzp6suUhjFw

Dave

ernie90125 June 9th, 2009 04:08 AM

Re: Adama Journals... its still happening

Just watched the video......I really enjoyed it !!!!

Do you know roughly how many minutes the first episode will be and its ETA ?

I can't wait to add it to www.battlestarfanfilms.com

David Kerin June 9th, 2009 04:24 AM

I'm guessing around 15 minutes. That can vary either way depending how much I put in there and how much the effects fill out with the dialogue. There is a small opening segment that is not really needed, that is mostly dialogue, but it would help flesh out the story and the time it takes place quite a bit. Who knows, with that it may hit 20. That may be the max it would hit though.

gmd3d June 9th, 2009 01:56 PM

Awesome .. Work David

Titon June 10th, 2009 04:35 AM

Very cool Dave.

:)

Red Eye June 10th, 2009 01:10 PM

David, I'm impressed by your brilliant work again...

Thank you for sharing it with us!

EF-52 June 25th, 2009 02:08 PM

Super work:salute:
Was this done in lightwave?

David Kerin June 26th, 2009 04:30 AM

Many thanks!

I used to mainly work in 3D Studio MAX, but I've switched over to Cinema 4d. Have to say I love that program. It intefaces well with Lightwave and 3ds models... and with a plugin you can use Poser character models and they retain all their animatable characteristics. Also, it is a bit more user friendly on the interface side.

As for the project, I started roughly rendering the characters so once I get them done I can start to lay out a rough edit of the story. Hope it turns out okay.

David Kerin July 12th, 2009 06:22 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Hey all...

Been working on the Adama Journals project and been wanting to update you all, but didn't want to add more video as it would start to give away too much stuff. So I decided to start uploading some video grabs as it goes.

Now this first one is taking a little longer than I hoped as I've had some freelance work come up (which is good, and it is some fun work), and for this first one everything is being made for the first time. After this one I should have a good number of elements together that I can use in making further stories.

Either-hoo.... here be some pics of what I have been doing.

Hope you like.

Dave