Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Welcome back to the 'Galactica Cafe'....... (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2525)

Muffit April 23rd, 2003 07:46 PM

CONSIDER THIS E-NAIL :)

Yes, it's time for another installment about my smashed finger/nail. It looks awful! It split in half horizontally and the old half (which is almost the whole thing) is falling off while there is a little bit of new nail at the cuticle. The bad part almost looks like dead skin now (isn't a nail already dead?), and is falling apart rapidly.

Is there anything I need to do in case the purple diseased looking nail falls off and exposes raw meat? Eeks, this is new to me. Any comments would be welcome.

:muffit:

Flamingo Girl April 23rd, 2003 08:30 PM

Band-Aid

emerita April 24th, 2003 05:26 AM

Bandaid will be good. The old nail, will not fall off until there is no more blood supply to it. You might want to stop in at the health dept or your doctor to have it removed if it is very loose, painful and still hanging on. I lost a nail once and I just kept it clean, covered and dry until it fell off on its own. By then the skin underneath was healed. Nails are dead above the fingertip. The part stuck to the finger and the half moon part does have a blood supply and is alive.

Muffit April 24th, 2003 09:10 AM

Thanks!

emerita April 24th, 2003 10:16 AM

You are very welcome. The body has an amazing way of regenerating itself. To bad we can't mentally help it along...I would love to be able to do that......

Flamingo Girl April 24th, 2003 07:52 PM

*nods while holding out finger that has a small scar and only hurts a little*

emerita April 27th, 2003 06:16 AM

concentrate and repeat after me........*hold finger up*....."You will heal completely....there will be no more pain."....no really, it will work....honest.....in about three months.....lol:blush:

Flamingo Girl April 27th, 2003 09:20 AM

The pain is fading. My fingerprint will be forever altered, tho.

I wore a bandage longer than I needed to just because of the way it looked.

Boxey May 1st, 2003 04:52 AM

peeks hey what happened to everyone?NO one is talking no more...sniffles....

Muffit May 1st, 2003 08:40 AM

Hi Boxey! Hmm, yeah it's kinda quiet in the cafe lately...

Dawg May 1st, 2003 09:00 AM

Yeah, Muffit, hangovers are a pain.....

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Muffit May 1st, 2003 10:41 AM

Hi Dawg! Yep, that Blue Koolaid will do it to ya every time :)

repcisg May 1st, 2003 10:11 PM

repcisg saunders in, looks under a couple of tables, "I see OWD hasn't been for a while either. Oh well, I think I'll try some of that blue stuff you-all been drinken."

bsg1fan1975 May 2nd, 2003 03:46 AM

bsg looks up from her drink. "Changes maybe in the wind for me very soon."

Dawg May 2nd, 2003 08:13 AM

"Oh?" says Dawg, looking up from his over-large Blue Koolaid, still somewhat bleary-eyed. "Do enlighten us, bsg!!"

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Muffit May 2nd, 2003 08:59 AM

Yes, please do, bsg! Hope they're good changes! :)

Boxey May 2nd, 2003 09:05 AM

nods it's been way to quiet guesses everyone to drunk or something...grabs some blue koolaid spiked with whiskey and drinks it down...wonders why BSG is changing or changing into?grins....

repcisg May 2nd, 2003 09:55 AM

Ah, change, a wonderful thing it is. I have yet to have two days that are the same and yet with constant change comes consistency, for change become the norm.

Must be to Blue-Stuff.

Muffit May 2nd, 2003 10:06 AM

Very well said, repcisg!

Boxey May 2nd, 2003 11:45 AM

Hey has anyone ever played Everquest?I just got it and been playing it.It's a online roleplaying game.It's cool but I can't figure it out...*burps and says sxuse me from the blue koolaid I drunk.* *head spins.*