Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Merchandise & Memorabilia (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   BG Colonial Warrior's Jacket Dealer (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9879)

Jayworld March 18th, 2005 09:47 AM

BG Colonial Warrior's Jacket Dealer

Has anyone dealt with this seller:

Katarra8

He/or she is an eBay seller; you can look up their eBay store through their eBay ID above. They do custom Battlestar Galatica jackets, as well as other clothing props, such as Sandman costumes from Logan's Run, etc. Just wondered about any feedback, as the price is pretty good, and they will do the traditional brown jacket, as well as the burgundy one (from Richard's trailer), white, dark blue, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Jayworld

bsgfan24 March 18th, 2005 01:36 PM

I bought a jacket from Katarra and love it. It has suede shoulders and fleece lined. It took six weeks longer than expected and communication is very frustrating. I have since heard of other customers that are still waiting for their jacket. She does do great work. She used to be the seamstress for bsg.org. If you are willling to take a chance and it works out you will never have to buy another jacket.

Fragmentary March 18th, 2005 03:57 PM

Hey bsgfan24,
Welcome to the Fleets. The good news is that you'll love it here, the bad news is that newbies pull the deep space probes. Try to stay awake ;)

Rigel_No_6 March 18th, 2005 05:54 PM

Welcome bsgfan24! The good news is if you hang out in the Galatica Cafe, you move up quickly. ;) Or so my friend Rowan tells me and she's got over 10,000 posts though no one can beat Muffit as she's at her 1.9 million but it's a goal!

Very interesting about the jackets. Do they make them custom or in standard sizing?

See you on the boards,
Rigel :Nsalute:

Darrell Lawrence March 18th, 2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel_No_6
Or so my friend Rowan tells me and she's got over 10,000 posts though no one can beat Muffit as she's at her 1.9 million but it's a goal!

I'd have them both beat... combined!... if I hadn't manually reduced my post count :D

bsgfan24, welcome to Fleets!

bsgfan24 March 21st, 2005 03:07 PM

Thanks all.
I am a super major lurker and hope to have enough to say to get rid of the infernal cherry.
Thanks

jewels March 21st, 2005 05:28 PM

Katarra8's name is Kathy Pillsbury, she does good work (was one of the costumers for the Second Coming trailer). I've only dealt with her over patches, and that was very prompt. I can understand her getting backlogged on more custom stuff.

Bojay March 21st, 2005 06:30 PM

Had mine custom made by Viking World Wise
Silk lining, with two deep pockets inside.
Suede Outsides with 5 pockets.
Clasps and Collar pins by http://www.kobol.com/index.html

Rigel_No_6 March 21st, 2005 06:42 PM

LOL! Sorry, Warrior, I didn't know that. :blush: I knew there'd been a reset at some point. So, tell us all your secret for accruing so many postings?...

Quote:

I'd have them both beat... combined!... if I hadn't manually reduced my post count
On the jackets, Bojay, thanks for the link.

Rigel :Nsalute:

Darrell Lawrence March 21st, 2005 09:32 PM

Rigel, no secret to mine really- I started this place back when it was on 3D Gladiators ;)

Many who joined at that time had their post counts retained from there when CF got moved to its own domain. The membership was carried over from 3DG (So for a while, FOUR sites all had the same member database that came from 3D Gladiators because they were a part of 3D Gladiators in their humble beginnings- CF, Subspace Relay, Agorphobia and of course, 3DG itself :D )

BlueSquad2001 November 22nd, 2005 12:01 AM

Is these people still making the jackets?? :salute:

FlSgtKaro January 1st, 2006 12:41 PM

It looks like those people aren't making the Warrior's Jacket. The "Coming Soon" label has been up there for over a month. I just got my uniform and jacket
from www.battlestargalactica.org, and am happy with it, but it's not made of suede. It's made from velvet with a satin lining. I watched TOS series and it looks good to me. :)

Matador September 26th, 2009 09:53 AM

Re: BG Colonial Warrior's Jacket Dealer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels (Post 193325)
Katarra8's name is Kathy Pillsbury, she does good work (was one of the costumers for the Second Coming trailer). I've only dealt with her over patches, and that was very prompt. I can understand her getting backlogged on more custom stuff.

Is there anyone that knows this ladys phone number. I ordered a uniform from her about 4 years now and she has yet to deliver it.

I've even asked her to send it to me unfinished and I would have someone else finish it, but she will not contact me back what so ever. Even throgh her online store.

She made a jacket for me once, that took about a year to get, and she offered to make my uniform. I gave her a deposit, got fitted once by her, since then she will not return any of my emails.

I used to have her phone number, but she moved and since then, I cannot reach her.

She still has my deposit and my uniform.

I went ahead and just got a uniform from BSG.org, But I still want what she started and got fitted for.:?:

Galactifan September 29th, 2009 02:44 AM

We've ALL had problems with Kathy Pillsbury before. Yes, she does great work, but she's unable to manage all her orders. It truly is a shame for such a talented seamstress. I'd NEVER order anything from her again. Frackin' nightmare! I had to hunt her down and call her so many times it was pathetic. It took over 2 years for my first Galactica uniform and it didn't fit right. Had to send it back for a quickie alteration...another year to return to me. Unanswered phone calls is her style. She just could not remember what she promised. Nice lady but not a business person at all. I could go on, but you get the point. JUST STAY CLEAR OF HER!!!

Matador September 29th, 2009 03:04 PM

Yes! Double Frack... And a few Felderc:errr:arbs to boot.