Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17635)

BST November 15th, 2010 08:58 PM

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 1

Okay, Wizards and Witches, set your timepieces for Friday, November 19, 2010 which is the premiere of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 1, the first half of the final installment of the story about the boy who lived.

These last 2 movies are going to be incredible!

I've haven't been this pumped for a movie in a very long time.

LZaza November 16th, 2010 06:39 AM

Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 1

Part One?

You mean you're going in knowing you're waiting another year for Part Two? - she asks incredulously. :wtf:

BST November 16th, 2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZaza (Post 302108)
Part One?

You mean you're going in knowing you're waiting another year for Part Two? - she asks incredulously. :wtf:

Part 2 is due out in July, 2011.

I'm actually very happy that the producers had the sense to split this story into 2 parts. There was absolutely too much story to be told in a single 2-1/2 - 3 hour movie.

:)

LZaza November 16th, 2010 08:08 PM

I admit I'm woefully behind in my Harry Potter reading, so I'll take your word on this, Pete.

monolith21 November 16th, 2010 09:38 PM

I already have my tickets for the midnight screening! I can't wait!!!

AJMarks November 17th, 2010 06:13 AM

I'll be seeing it, just don't know when.

Gemini1999 November 26th, 2010 10:19 PM

I just got home from seeing TDH - Part 1....

It was pretty good - not as long as some of the HP films and quite a bit darker from beginning to end. I was given a bit of advice before going to see it that Part 1 is really a preamble to Part 2. I've heard that the book version of TDH is quite similar in how the story is laid out.

I don't mind reading the books after seeing the films - I prefer to experience the films from a "fresh" point of view so I can't see things coming or have expectations on how the story transfers from book to screen.

I really did enjoy the film - we saw it in the new "Extreme Digital" format (a 13.00 ticket price). It was like watching HD TV, only bigger - it was an excellent experience. I recommend paying the extra money for the XD format if you have a theater nearby that is using it.

Looking forwards to next summer!

Bryan