Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Welcome back to the 'Galactica Cafe'....... (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2525)

emerita April 13th, 2003 02:29 PM

Welcome back to the 'Galactica Cafe'.......

Welcome... we are reopening with all new decor. This is the place where you can come for a drink and food and good company. You can leave messages for someone or put out a random thought without having to be bothered with starting a thread.

The bartender is Max and he is also a great chef. I help out behind the bar once in awhile also. So...shake off the galactic dust and sit a spell.... Enjoy the atmosphere.

kingfish April 13th, 2003 05:38 PM

"Hi EM, I will have a nice cold one."

jewels April 13th, 2003 05:44 PM

Hi Em & Max, A raspberry lemonade for me. Hiya kingfish!

I brought some of these for the opening :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
they cheer up the place more don't you think?
Jewels

Flamingo Girl April 13th, 2003 06:51 PM

I miss the old place, but everybody knows my name here too, so I suppose I'll adjust.

bsg1fan1975 April 13th, 2003 09:44 PM

hey guys! sorry I've been gone been busy shuttling back and forth between home and my boyfriends. on top of that I am trying to find a job!:p

kingfish April 14th, 2003 07:49 AM

"Hey ACE glad you are back. We all missed you."

emerita April 14th, 2003 08:46 AM

hey ace.....I am in need of a job also...retirement sucks...I have been looking without sucess. It seems that nurses are not in demand right now...LOL:rolleyes:

Boxey April 14th, 2003 06:38 PM

phewwww!Finally figured out why I couldn't post for.

bsg1fan1975 April 14th, 2003 07:12 PM

can't wait for this weekend! going to Kev's parents for Easter dinner and spending more time with him. Maybe this time next year I will be getting married. I hope that happens!

emerita April 15th, 2003 05:47 AM

Whoa!....I am thrilled for you....:thumbsup: Keep us updated!...and maybe a pic would be nice to.....:blush: :alien:

Flamingo Girl April 15th, 2003 09:06 AM

Hopeful congradulations from me too.

bsg1fan1975 April 16th, 2003 04:11 AM

i will try to get a pic of us done soon. you will get one my dear friend.

emerita April 16th, 2003 05:25 AM

:thumbsup:

oldwardaggit April 16th, 2003 09:15 AM

Just in for a drink.

OWD

emerita April 16th, 2003 09:37 AM

What'll you have sugah.....I make a great lemonade from fresh lemons. I can add something to it if ya like.......I just made a really good grinder too. Piping hot. Want one?

Man ,I over looked Paul's first post...can't believe I did that...Paul, what would you like?

Flamingo Girl April 18th, 2003 09:02 PM

OWD's new avatar is freaking me out a little.

Boxey April 18th, 2003 09:14 PM

Just got my new Ronco Rotisserie BarbeQ oven cooker.Boy it was so good.Cooked a sirloin and it was so nice and juicy and seemed restaurant cooked.Also cooked some steam green beans and black eyed peas also.It was all way good.Thinks that this is the best thing I bought so far this year.

bsg1fan1975 April 19th, 2003 03:57 AM

getting my hair colored later today. It will come out a light auburn. my sis is going to do it.

emerita April 22nd, 2003 09:01 AM

Well??? how did the hair turn out? :thumbsup: :thumbdwn: ???

Flamingo Girl April 22nd, 2003 09:36 AM

Yeah, don't keep us in suspenders!

Muffit April 23rd, 2003 07:46 PM

CONSIDER THIS E-NAIL :)

Yes, it's time for another installment about my smashed finger/nail. It looks awful! It split in half horizontally and the old half (which is almost the whole thing) is falling off while there is a little bit of new nail at the cuticle. The bad part almost looks like dead skin now (isn't a nail already dead?), and is falling apart rapidly.

Is there anything I need to do in case the purple diseased looking nail falls off and exposes raw meat? Eeks, this is new to me. Any comments would be welcome.

:muffit:

Flamingo Girl April 23rd, 2003 08:30 PM

Band-Aid

emerita April 24th, 2003 05:26 AM

Bandaid will be good. The old nail, will not fall off until there is no more blood supply to it. You might want to stop in at the health dept or your doctor to have it removed if it is very loose, painful and still hanging on. I lost a nail once and I just kept it clean, covered and dry until it fell off on its own. By then the skin underneath was healed. Nails are dead above the fingertip. The part stuck to the finger and the half moon part does have a blood supply and is alive.

Muffit April 24th, 2003 09:10 AM

Thanks!

emerita April 24th, 2003 10:16 AM

You are very welcome. The body has an amazing way of regenerating itself. To bad we can't mentally help it along...I would love to be able to do that......

Flamingo Girl April 24th, 2003 07:52 PM

*nods while holding out finger that has a small scar and only hurts a little*

emerita April 27th, 2003 06:16 AM

concentrate and repeat after me........*hold finger up*....."You will heal completely....there will be no more pain."....no really, it will work....honest.....in about three months.....lol:blush:

Flamingo Girl April 27th, 2003 09:20 AM

The pain is fading. My fingerprint will be forever altered, tho.

I wore a bandage longer than I needed to just because of the way it looked.

Boxey May 1st, 2003 04:52 AM

peeks hey what happened to everyone?NO one is talking no more...sniffles....

Muffit May 1st, 2003 08:40 AM

Hi Boxey! Hmm, yeah it's kinda quiet in the cafe lately...