Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Please help. What happened? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10379)

DanTanna May 8th, 2005 08:06 PM

Please help. What happened?

I never found out how the series ended way back when I was a kid. The last episode I saw was a Cylon on the roof of a skyscraper in NY repositioning a radio dish towards the Cylon fleet. The radio DJ said "and broadcasting 55,000 watts of power...".

What hapened after that?????

Thanks in advance.

Dawg May 8th, 2005 08:33 PM

Don't mistake Galactica 1980 for Battlestar Galactica, Dan.

What you saw was the end of "The Night the Cylons Landed", if I'm not mistaken - guest starring Wolfman Jack - of G80. G80 ended with the episode "The Return of Starbuck", which recounts what happened to Starbuck - and is considered by most to be the only episode of G80 worth discussing (although there are those who would disagree).

BSG ended with the episode "Hand of God", widely considered one of the best episodes of the series.

Unfortunately, the series never did reach a satisfactory conclusion, which is why the effort is on for a movie about what happened to all our favorite characters - Apollo, Starbuck, Cassiopeia, etc. Check out www.colonialfanforce.org for that.

And for a fairly comprehensive history of Battlestar Galactica, go to the Cylon Alliance - www.cylon.org - and start reading under the "Sci-Fi on TV" section.

Or talk to any one of the old-timers here. They'll set you straight!

;)

Oh - and Welcome to the Colonial Fleets, Dan.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Haveke May 8th, 2005 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
Don't mistake Galactica 1980 for Battlestar Galactica, Dan.

What you saw was the end of "The Night the Cylons Landed", if I'm not mistaken - guest starring Wolfman Jack - of G80. G80 ended with the episode "The Return of Starbuck", which recounts what happened to Starbuck - and is considered by most to be the only episode of G80 worth discussing (although there are those who would disagree).

BSG ended with the episode "Hand of God", widely considered one of the best episodes of the series.

Unfortunately, the series never did reach a satisfactory conclusion, which is why the effort is on for a movie about what happened to all our favorite characters - Apollo, Starbuck, Cassiopeia, etc. Check out www.colonialfanforce.org for that.

And for a fairly comprehensive history of Battlestar Galactica, go to the Cylon Alliance - www.cylon.org - and start reading under the "Sci-Fi on TV" section.

Or talk to any one of the old-timers here. They'll set you straight!

;)

Oh - and Welcome to the Colonial Fleets, Dan.

I am
Dawg

Just Look at What They Were Able to do With Star Trek (Kirk's Area)... They Had the Book Star Trek The Lost Years... it Gave a Fairly Detailed Recount of What All Had Happened Between The Enterprise Returning from her Original 5 Year Mission... and Star Trek The Motion Picture. :trek: :thumbsup:

Now, Dawg...( ;) :) ;) ) I Sometimes Find Myself Refering to G-1980 as Galactia: The Bad Years .. :thumbdown: :LOL:

Looking Back on that Ill Fated "Attempt" at a Continuation of the Orginal Galactia, Man I Find its Rather a Very Watered Down Version. :eek: Imagine That... ;)

The Return Of Starbuck is Basically the Only Episode I Will Give My Personal Nod of Galactia Approval. :colonial: :warrior: :thumbsup:

:warrior: :warrior: :colonial: :viper: :viper:

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Missions :warrior:

Haveke May 8th, 2005 10:09 PM

Dan,

Also Wanted to Say Hello, and Give You a Big Welcome To The Fleets :salute:

Yeah, I Guess Another Way to Look at Galactia 1980 is This... Like Comparing New Coke to Coca Cola Classic (Everyone Remember When They Tried to Replace Coca Cola?)... Well, at Least the Coca Cola Company Saw What a Big Mistke it Was to Try to Mess With The Orginal. :/: :eek:

There Could Be a Million Different Reasons as to Why they Never Gave G-1980 a Proper Closing... :(

I Think the Most Common Complaint I Can Think of is the "Super Scouts" :LOL:

:warrior: :warrior: :colonial:

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Missions... We're Coming Back!! :warrior:

Senmut May 8th, 2005 11:09 PM

Well, as I recall, the dastardly Cylons fall olff the roof, and end up in a dumpster, just in time for trash day.

Sci-Fi May 8th, 2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTanna
I never found out how the series ended way back when I was a kid. The last episode I saw was a Cylon on the roof of a skyscraper in NY repositioning a radio dish towards the Cylon fleet. The radio DJ said "and broadcasting 55,000 watts of power...".

Thanks in advance.

Can read these links if you want to find out:

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/o...outdoc0005.htm

http://battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/bg80eps.htm

http://www.totse.com/en/ego/science_fiction/gal80.html

http://www.kobol.com/archives/guide80.html

Matthew Wharmby Galactica 1980 Episode Guide

gmd3d May 9th, 2005 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTanna

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Fleets DanTanna.
I also only concider The return of Starbuck as only episode worth watching and I never liked the way the galactica arrives to earth when its unable to fight the cylons.. :salute:

Charybdis May 9th, 2005 08:38 AM

And there is also the other way to enjoy what happened to our favorite heroes of BSG: buy and read all of Richard Hatch's BSG novels!!!

TopGun May 9th, 2005 08:47 AM

Are they good?

Dawg May 9th, 2005 09:20 AM

Depends on who you talk to. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Others have issues with continuity and quality (a couple of them got rushed and weren't really edited).

I am
Dawg

TopGun May 9th, 2005 09:41 AM

I'll see if I can find them in the local library

Spike The Cylon June 6th, 2005 05:05 PM

Welcome aboard, Dan.

jewels June 6th, 2005 09:16 PM

TopGun, best best for getting them reasonably is likely through ebay. Most have been released in paperback though.

welcome to fleets, Dan.

DanTanna May 9th, 2010 10:15 PM

Re: Please help. What happened?

Thanks guys, and I do feel very welcome!

monolith21 May 9th, 2010 11:47 PM

You're in good company! Damn fine group of people around here. Glad to have you aboard, even if it is a bit belated!

ernie90125 May 10th, 2010 11:39 AM

DanTanna,

Welcome to Colonial Fleets !

You have an interesting posting pattern. You asked a question in 2005, and thanked those who answered it 2 years later.....then thank us for the welcome 2 years thereafter !

I'll look forward to your reply in 2012 !

DanTanna February 29th, 2012 08:39 PM

You guys are great. Can't wait for more BSG movies or TV shows to come out!:thumbsup:

Senmut February 29th, 2012 09:55 PM

Ever check out the VS writings?

Charybdis March 1st, 2012 10:45 AM

Holy Frack!!! Dan, you did it! You actually waited until 2012 to reply again!! Amazing!!!

Oh no, now that you have posted, we're going to have to wait until 2014 to hear from you again :)

DanTanna June 30th, 2014 08:28 PM

You guys have made me feel right at home. This is definitely the best site for BSG news and knowledge. Can't wait for new content! :) :thumbsup:

Senmut June 30th, 2014 09:30 PM

Check out the VS, DT.

http://galacticafanfic.com/stories/season2.html

Punisher454 July 1st, 2014 02:20 AM

cant wait to read this in a few days when I get a chance. I see that there are a few season 3 eps I must have missed (after otalingon).
Lost of reading :)

DanTanna September 7th, 2018 12:24 PM

Still praying for more Galactica content! Until then, this site is the BEST!:thumbsup:

Jayworld September 14th, 2018 11:39 AM

Dan...you must have your reply schedule to this forum on some type of calendar schedule. Hope to see your reply in 2020.... Lots of "new" content can be found throughout the forum.

BountyHunter June 7th, 2020 10:47 AM

Still waiting for Dan's 2020 reply. Lol

DanTanna June 26th, 2020 09:15 PM

This site plus re-watching Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic Series on DVD is keeping me afloat with all things BSG!

This site is GREAT! :thumbsup:

JLHurley June 27th, 2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTanna (Post 315392)
This site plus re-watching Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic Series on DVD is keeping me afloat with all things BSG!

This site is GREAT! :thumbsup:

I bought the Blu-ray something like 9 months ago but haven't touched it yet. Had some other things to finish up watching first but my "viewing schedule" is about to be clear and the BG series is definitely next. Can't wait! :salute:

DanTanna January 7th, 2023 09:00 PM

I really love this site!!! Some very dedicated folks here. :) :thumbsup:

BountyHunter May 2nd, 2023 02:49 PM

Lol and now we wait....

Charybdis May 3rd, 2023 08:54 AM

Dan must be slipping. He skipped 2022!! But still great to see you around!!! Hope to read your post in 2025...