Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Entertainment (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A-Team Reunites on TV Show! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12446)

peter noble December 27th, 2005 09:18 AM

A-Team Reunites on TV Show!

Source: Daily Mirror

TV action heroes The A-Team are to reunite in the new year for a one-off special show.

Surviving actors Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz and Mr T will recall their memories of the popular 80s series.

An insider said: "It's an amazing coup to get them back together. It will be great viewing, there was fun and drama behind the scenes."

Comic and DJ Justin Lee Collins will present Bring Back... The A-Team on Channel 4.

The show ran from 1983 to 1987 with 98 episodes. It featured the antics of four Vietnam veterans on the run after being framed.

Benedict starred as Templeton Peck, Schultz was "Howling Mad" Murdock and Mr T played B.A. Baracus.

George Peppard (team boss 'Hannibal' Smith), died in 1994.

Senmut December 27th, 2005 06:55 PM

I Ain't Gettin' On No Airplane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lara December 28th, 2005 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut
I Ain't Gettin' On No Airplane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Fool!!!
:D :D :D

We get A Team on our greatest hits channel at the moment, and I LOVE catching the eps as they are good fun When the channel did a marathon last Fathers Day, my brother made an excuse to come and watch, as it was his fav show when he was a young teen.

I'd like to hear them chat with the stunt guys, as the show was chokka with classic car stunts

Cheers,
Lara

BST December 28th, 2005 06:15 AM

"I love it when a plan comes together."

:)

Hopefully, we'll have on this side of the pond in time. I'd enjoy seeing it.

Zenislev December 28th, 2005 03:12 PM

Will Billy be reunited too?

Dwight is one of my all time spontanious voice talents! Great that they are returning, even for a one off!

captmiloman February 26th, 2006 03:21 PM

Anyone have a copy of this? I have audio of Dirk at a convention(Dragon Con, IIRC) from '03, a few months prior to Galacticon where he recounts his experiences working on The A-Team. It's funny to hear his impersonation of Mr. T.
I heard Mr. T. interviewed on The Howard Stern Show about a year or two ago. Howard was just barely able to get a word in during the conversation.

ernie90125 February 26th, 2006 04:51 PM

I too would love to know the broadcast date for this....

It'll be great to see them all together again. Even better if they could do a reunion production.....someone killed Hannibal, and the surviving three put aside their differences, or track each other down etc to go on adventure. I think this may have been the plot for a Knight Rider movie (?) but it would be great for the A Team too.....

KamikazeAthena February 26th, 2006 07:31 PM

I would love it if they did a segmet of basic reunion stuff and then a new episode. It was ultra cool when they did the new episode of Dick Van Dyke a few years ago.

captmiloman February 28th, 2006 04:46 PM

The TVLand Awards are coming next month. It would be great to see Dirk, Dwight, & Mr. T. reunite as presenters.

ernie90125 March 4th, 2006 08:17 AM

There is a large 2 page article on The A-Team including 'where are they now' info on each actor including a fair number of column inches for Dirk (Tracy, would you like me to send it over?) It makes mention of the documentary, but no specific details.

Article is in today's Daily Express (UK paper, 4th March 2006)

Ridley April 14th, 2006 03:36 AM

a-team dvd?

is there a dvd series of the a-team?

tracyb144 April 14th, 2006 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridley
is there a dvd series of the a-team?

Ridley,

Yes.

I do believe that Season 4 has just been released on DVD.
I have Season 1 ( need to get the others I suppose ;) ).

The show ran for 5 Seasons.

Tracy :)

evil_genius_180 April 14th, 2006 04:18 PM

Yay!!! another reunion show. Haven't seen one of those in a few months. :rolleyes: Trying to recapture old glory and remember the good ol' days. Sorry if I upset the people who like this idea, but these things are always lame. :rolleyes:

ernie90125 April 29th, 2006 08:30 AM

Broadcast Date - 18th May 2006.

UK TV - Channel 4.

jewels April 29th, 2006 01:23 PM

The UK folks get all the fun stuff first.

I wonder if TVLand would buy a rebroadcast right for it? Now that would be pretty cool. :D

tracyb144 May 10th, 2006 09:19 AM

I have an airtime for the show:

Thursday, May 18th @ 10:15pm.
Running time: 1 hr. 20 mins.

A very nice bloke in the UK has offered to record it for download for me :D

Tracy

ernie90125 May 19th, 2006 09:23 AM

Well.....I have to say I was a bit underwelmed. The presenter is a loud mouth I've seen before, and does seem to love himself a bit. His mission was to make a show 90% him, and a few minutes of the cast of The A Team.

The 90% was him trying to setup surprise meetings with the cast members. His approach of Murdoch seemed genuine. Then he resorted to lying to try to get to meet BA. He claimed to have flown Face over to discuss a major production, IF this is how it happened I feel sorry for Dirk if his hopes were built up.

Eventually he did get to meet BA, after his agent arranged it, which I suspect could have been done with the others.....but that wouldn't have allowed to him make a 'shout at the camera, in your face, I'm great TV show'

At the end Dirk and Dwight tried to pretend they hadn't seen each other in too long, but we know they are best friends. I suspect a better show could have been made going through proper channels, arranging proper interviews, and focusing on the cast not the presenter.

This show wasn't a wasted hour, and if he makes one on Airwolf since all the cast of that have disappeared, I would watch again.....but I wish the show wasn't about the presenters need for attention.

jewels May 19th, 2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyb144
I have an airtime for the show:

Thursday, May 18th @ 10:15pm.
Running time: 1 hr. 20 mins.

A very nice bloke in the UK has offered to record it for download for me :D

Tracy

Lucky you! though you should have access to it being a certain guy's web person. :)

Jewels

tracyb144 May 19th, 2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewels
Lucky you! though you should have access to it being a certain guy's web person. :)

Jewels

Jewels,

The show was brilliant.
Very funny and the guys all looked great :)

Tracy

ernie90125 May 20th, 2006 03:18 AM

Tracy, you enjoyed the show ?

Ok, fair enough each to their own....I would rather have seen a show about the A Team rather than the presenter's ego.

Did they really deceive Dirk into believing that he was flying over to discuss a major project ?
I wouldn't have reacted well to having my hopes built up, only to find it was an interviewer with a big mouth.

tracyb144 May 20th, 2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
Tracy, you enjoyed the show ?

Ok, fair enough each to their own....I would rather have seen a show about the A Team rather than the presenter's ego.

Did they really deceive Dirk into believing that he was flying over to discuss a major project ?
I wouldn't have reacted well to having my hopes built up, only to find it was an interviewer with a big mouth.

Ernie,

I thought it was funny. I knew, beforehand, that the whole thing had been pre-arranged so it was fun to see them acting like they were being "ambushed".
I thought Justin's swearing was a bit much seeing as how the show was originally a "kids" show.

But yeah, I liked it :)

Tracy

ernie90125 May 20th, 2006 11:51 AM

OK fair enough........pleased you enjoyed it...

I hope they do an Airwolf one....albeit it with a different presenter........!!!!

peter noble May 27th, 2006 06:50 AM

You can watch some of the show here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search