Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Eric Paddon (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica / Planet of the Apes Crossover - Discussion Thread (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9578)

BST February 21st, 2005 03:50 PM

Battlestar Galactica / Planet of the Apes Crossover - Discussion Thread

Folks,

Please use this thread for discussion regarding:

"Battlestar Galactica / Planet of the Apes Crossover"

BST :)

gmd3d February 22nd, 2005 01:34 AM

Thats a very intresting crossover, I will be reading that soon in greater detail , so far I like your style and approch :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

Eric Paddon February 23rd, 2005 07:56 AM

Thank you! Of all the fanfic stories I've ever written, this was the most ambitious one, taking more than two years but it was worth it because for years I always wanted to write an alternate story after the first POTA movie because I hated the story directions the sequels took. But it was so hard coming up with a purely original story that I then suddenly one day realized that a Galactica crossover solved my problem, and this was the end result.

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

Senmut March 8th, 2005 02:34 AM

Eric, basically, it deserves a sequel. This is too well done to not continue. The idea of the folks oln Terra being refugees from Earth, instead of dropouts from the 13th Tribe's original voyage, begs investigation.
And Apollo and Sheba's grandkid... this will be interesting.

bsg1fan1975 March 8th, 2005 06:35 AM

very nice!

gmd3d March 8th, 2005 07:16 AM

I agree with Senmut "sequel"

Senmut March 9th, 2005 08:13 PM

WILL Hera's kid be able to talk? How will ape civilization respond to advanced Colonila tech? Mmmmmmmmmm, lots of interesting paths.

Eric Paddon March 13th, 2005 05:09 PM

Thanks for all of your comments. I did start a sequel to this once, but it has been stuck at about 15 pages written for the last three years because while I have an idea of the story I can't summon the motivation to write it. Part of the problem is that the ending of the first story is meant to leave open so many possibilities to the imagination that it's hard to come up with a truly definitive idea of where to go next.

Those who want to see what I attempted to do are free to e-mail me and get a copy.

Darrell Lawrence March 13th, 2005 06:18 PM

Can the apes PLEASE cook Dr. Z in a pot of boiling water and eat him for brain snacks in a sequel? :D

Senmut March 13th, 2005 10:52 PM

Wouldn't work on Gorillas, Warrior. They have no real brains...

Senmut March 13th, 2005 11:08 PM

Seriously, I doubt someone like Dr. Zee could interact in any meaningful way with the Apes. He has spent all his life, except for a few centars, aboard highly advanced spacecraft, and probably wouldn't have a clue about anything in a pre-electronic culture like that of Ape City. Sure, he's smart, but he'd have to spend ALOT of time in a primative setting to even begin to make sense of it all.

warhammerdriver May 19th, 2005 08:05 PM

I agree with Sen and Taranis----sequel! And may the Muses visit you often to aid you!

Were you stationed at Plattsburgh AFB? Griffis and Pease were probably closer to NYC than PAFB. Although it probably would be easier going from Plattsburgh. Just hop on the interstate and you're on a direct route (even after a nuclear holocaust).

Eric Paddon May 19th, 2005 08:48 PM

Thank you! And no, I've never been near an AFB in my life and just picked out one that I figured would be distant enough from NYC to escape destruction, but would also be important enough to have been a place where such a big piece of weaponry was kept.

BST October 22nd, 2005 04:47 PM

OMG!

Eric,

I'm just starting Chapter 7 and realize that I've only scratched the surface but, this is really good!!

:)

Eric Paddon October 22nd, 2005 05:06 PM

Thanks! :)

BST October 23rd, 2005 06:59 PM

:eek:

I just finished the story. Once I picked up, today, with where I had left off yesterday, I couldn't stop reading.

Eric,

My sincerest congratulations to you, as you have woven an absolutely incredible story out of the threads of Galactica and Planet of the Apes. Also, as an unbelievable side benefit, you even gave plausability to one of the least enjoyed storylines of TOS.

Very, very well done!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pete

Eric Paddon October 23rd, 2005 07:53 PM

Thanks so much, Pete! I think in some 13 years of writing fanfic stories, that one has always been my personal favorite project, largely because it gave me a way to not just do the only kind of crossover story I'd feel competent to do, but to also give me a more upbeat future to the events following the first POTA movie. The second movie was such a terrible downer and I never found too much to enjoy in the movies following that one.

Glad you liked my solution to the Terra problem as well. :)

Senmut October 31st, 2005 02:20 PM

Well, it was certainly Taylor-made for this forum.

BST October 31st, 2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut
Well, it was certainly Taylor-made for this forum.

:LOL:

Not bad, Sen....not bad.

;)

Senmut October 31st, 2005 06:13 PM

By George, I think you are right.

Senmut November 14th, 2005 06:33 PM

Your turn, BST.

:D

BST November 14th, 2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut
Your turn, BST.

:D

I'm thinkin'....... ;)

Senmut January 20th, 2006 09:54 PM

It's taken this long??????

Eric Paddon January 20th, 2006 09:58 PM

He's gone into the hibernation mode that Taylor and all the other astronauts were in at one time. :)

Senmut January 23rd, 2006 03:37 PM

Either that, or Dr. Zaius and the "surgeons" got to him.

df0awg March 11th, 2006 03:25 PM

awesome

Eric Paddon March 11th, 2006 03:49 PM

Much appreciated!

jf3000 May 23rd, 2006 05:41 AM

How do I get a copy of this when I cant even select a users name as it comes up with some admin thing, please email me at links@jf3000.com

BST May 23rd, 2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jf3000
How do I get a copy of this when I cant even select a users name as it comes up with some admin thing, please email me at links@jf3000.com

jf3000,

FYI - clicking on a person's name opens up a drop-down menu which gives various options.

To read the BSG / POTA story --

Go to this thread:

Battlestar Galactica / Planet of the Apes Crossover

Then, scroll down the page, to the 2nd post. The story begins there and is arranged in "Chapter" order. Click on the chapter and go from there.

Happy reading!

BST

vaporloc October 24th, 2006 09:09 PM

nice