Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Trailer for BattleSTAR Galactica WARS (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18346)

martok2112 September 20th, 2012 03:00 PM

Trailer for BattleSTAR Galactica WARS

Well folks, here is the first trailer for my BattleSTAR Galactica WARS fan movie. This should hopefully highlight just how much progress I've made toward its production.

It's still a LONG way from finished, but there's a ton of footage to work with, that is both currently in the fan-film, and that which has yet to be included.

I hope you enjoy this humble little trailer. :)

http://youtu.be/1s3s2xHhpC8

Dawg September 20th, 2012 07:53 PM

Re: Trailer for BattleSTAR Galactica WARS

:thumbsup:

Excellent!

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

martok2112 September 20th, 2012 08:01 PM

Most kind. Thank you, sir. :)

Punisher454 September 20th, 2012 09:57 PM

This is coming along nicely.

September 21st, 2012 12:06 AM

Love that awesome work :salute:

martok2112 September 21st, 2012 04:33 AM

Thanks, folks. :salute:

jewels September 26th, 2012 06:35 PM

I like what you are trying to do. Oldest kid said it was nice. Which is easier to work in Blender or iClone?

I thought it was interesting seeing the 2 ships in scale with each other. Because of the old Starship Dimensions website, I've always thought of Star Destroyers as much bigger than the Galactica, which is pretty immense in it's own right.

martok2112 September 26th, 2012 07:11 PM

Thanks, darlin'. Glad you all liked it. :)

Yeah, the only ship that has an official size listing between the two is the Imperial Star Destroyer...at 1600 meters in length. The Colonial Battlestar of the original series has no real official length data, so it's been largely a matter of fan speculation. Personally, I put her at about 2km...so she's slightly larger than a Star Destroyer in my realm.

As for which is easier to work with, well, considering that I use the different programs for different applications, it's kinda hard to answer. With iClone, I started my first projects in about an hour. With Blender, after I saw the wonderful interface tutorial by Karan Shah, I was building my first model, the Colonial battlestar, and finished the first version of it in five days. (It has since evolved :) ).

I use Blender to build the parts, components, and greebles for my ships, and I use iClone to assemble, texture, prep, and animate the ships. :)

gmd3d August 1st, 2013 04:14 AM

That was very enjoyable :)

martok2112 August 4th, 2013 01:19 AM

Thanks, Ger.

I really need to kick things up and get this finished. It is LONG since past my initial projection of having it done months ago...but, my motivation has been rather wanting. Apparently, the hard core old schoolers are just flat out holding out for anything more real on Classic Galactica, so tribute projects get the fanboy-snub, and cannot really be arsed to offer up much commentary about the projects. At least you, and Dave Kerin, and a few others offer words of encouragement. But this project is not something meant to appeal to a select few....it's meant to be something that hopefully will get Galactica and Star Wars lovers fired up, even if it is an amateurish job.

I will say this....the trailer you saw? Footage has been greatly improved upon since that trailer was published. So what you saw looks like a rough cut compared to what I have now. :)

I actually was working on another scene the other day when the program crashed on me. (Too many demands of my imagination on the program, I guess.) :)

gmd3d August 4th, 2013 02:31 AM

oh sorry to hear about the crash..... I had to many of those so I feel your pain.

this program is Iclone?

martok2112 August 4th, 2013 09:49 AM

Yeah. iClone. It's still a great program....and even in its 64 bit version, I can kinda be a bit demanding.

Long and short of it was, I loaded my highly detailed Galactica and tried to load in a few laser bolts so I could have the ship firing while the camera zoomed along its surface...a la a high speed Star Wars styled hull run...alas, I got the "iClone has stopped working" message. So I just backed out of the program.

I will find a way....I might try experimenting with Magix Movie Edit Pro, and see what I can do about animating lasers that way. :) If my guess is correct, it'd just be a matter of manipulating some PNG format laser images, as well as some creative compositing with alpha channels. :)

gmd3d August 4th, 2013 09:54 AM

have you ever tried daz-studio....... version 4.6pro is free from the home site?
http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-pro/

martok2112 August 4th, 2013 09:51 PM

Yeah, I have Daz...i still prefer iClone (which can actually utilize Daz characters)...but I find my iClone experience much more rewarding. :)

Senmut August 5th, 2013 04:37 AM

When shall we see more?

gmd3d August 5th, 2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 312124)
Yeah, I have Daz...i still prefer iClone (which can actually utilize Daz characters)...but I find my iClone experience much more rewarding. :)

Oh cool.... thought I would send it your way encase you missed it:)