Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - Finished (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Ladies of Galactica (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18628)

Matador January 17th, 2014 05:42 AM

Ladies of Galactica

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my tribute to Cassiopeia, Athena, and Sheba. I know they don't look exactly like them, but I tried very hard to get their likeness.

After doing the one of Athena. I figured I would add the other two. This was a nice diversion from my Galactica project.

Just a side note, I was really struggling with Cassiopeia's outfit... So I re-textured another existing costume to fit the theme.

:cool:

gmd3d January 17th, 2014 06:15 AM

Re: Ladies of Galactica

nice work

is this for a comic or animation

Matador January 17th, 2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis (Post 313025)
nice work

is this for a comic or animation

Thanks... I thought about doing a comic, but with animated scenes. Kinda like a moving pictures.

Ultimately I want to do some live action mixed with animation. I'm currently working on motion capture and applying it to the characters. I'm just getting to learn and master the motion capture software.

I did decide my story will be a prequel. Somewhere just after the colonial wars and the beginning of the cylon uprising.

Rhaven Blaack January 17th, 2014 07:54 AM

You did a GREAT job on the rendering.
They look FANTASTIC!!!
As for your story idea, I like it!
By the way, have you seen "Afterworld"? reason why I asked, is because I was wondering if that was the style (of animation/comic combined) that you are thinking about.

Matador January 17th, 2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack (Post 313027)
"Afterworld"? reason why I asked, is because I was wondering if that was the style (of animation/comic combined) that you are thinking about.

Thanks... Yes... I was thinking I may do comic/animation exactly like that... Afterworld style.

Rhaven Blaack January 17th, 2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 313028)
Thanks... Yes... I was thinking I may do comic/animation exactly like that... Afterworld style.

I would really like to see that!!!
I think that it would be QUITE INTERESTING!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

I am looking forward to seeing it!

martok2112 January 17th, 2014 05:16 PM

WOW! Very nicely done! Especially love the uniforms! :) Keep up the great work!

Avrateal Galial February 15th, 2014 07:42 AM

I don't know how old this thread is but I love the ladies . That is real good work. I also like the fact that not all of them are viper pilots . Looks like you have one med tech. Awesome work.

Matador February 15th, 2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avrateal Galial (Post 313348)
I don't know how old this thread is but I love the ladies . That is real good work. I also like the fact that not all of them are viper pilots . Looks like you have one med tech. Awesome work.

Thanks Avrateal... Yeah, I was trying to re-create three of the main ladies from the Galactica series... Athena, Sheba, and Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia ended up as a med tech, so that is the costume I tried to re-create. Athena was a shuttle pilot... So I tried to reflect that.

I'm working on a fan film... I'm building a library of characters I intend to use for my scenes...

My version will take place some time between the colonial wars and the Cylon uprising. This is way before Adama took command of Galactica.

I'm almost done modeling Galactica and a few of the sets. I'll create more as I go along.

You can see my progress here:
http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=17508

Thanks again and regards.:cool:

Raptornet May 22nd, 2014 05:16 AM

Metador, like you I liked the camera handling on the new show and I really liked your attempt. It's something I might have a try at, did you find it a challenge?

It's sounds silly, you would think anyone could shake a camera, but intentionally shaking it is a different story ;)