Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica Movie News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18679)

kingfish April 9th, 2014 06:24 PM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

star wars is managing to get a continuation of where jedi left off. i believe they are going to shoot all three films at one time like they did with the lord of the rings trilogy.

Jayworld April 10th, 2014 07:09 AM

Interesting news (on the all three at once). I know that the following are confirmed:
Mark Hamill - Luke
Harrison Ford - Han
Carrie Fisher - Leia
Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca

Nice that episode 7 will be a continuation set 30-35 years after ROTJ…

Would be nice if the new BG movie was a continuation. Would love to at least see Dirk, Richard, and Terry...

Jayworld April 10th, 2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfish (Post 313863)
i wonder if we will see walking vipers this time.

Probably not, but you know, whatever we get will be better than the 2003 reimagination and GINO series…. :)

kingfish April 10th, 2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313868)
Probably not, but you know, whatever we get will be better than the 2003 reimagination and GINO series…. :)

:D:rotf:

TwoBrainedCylon April 10th, 2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313868)

You hope. It may make the 2003 version look great by comparison.

Time will tell.

Dawg April 10th, 2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon (Post 313871)
You hope. It may make the 2003 version look great by comparison.

Time will tell.

If it gets made at all. This whole thing does echo of the last 25+ years (the last 11 of which I've been listening to), so I'm not going to be holding my breath.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Rhaven Blaack April 10th, 2014 09:54 PM

This is all VERY interesting news.
I have to agree with Dawg on this one. I too have heard so many different stories on how BSG was going to be "continued", "remade", "reimaged", "reboot". I too am not going to hold my breath on this one (not only that but I do not look good in BLUE. I am too tall to be a smurf and too short to be a Navi. I am 6' 6" by the way). I will believe it when I see it.

Senmut April 10th, 2014 10:09 PM

"Darker".
I would think that having your entire civilization annihilated by the Cylons, and then chased across the universe in a running battle was pretty "dark" already. Not exactly sunshine and buttercups.

Titon April 11th, 2014 03:56 AM

In my eyes they have a huge chance to fix the mess that was made in the first place. But this is Universal and they have a very serious negative track record to date. As much as I want to believe I have to agree with Sandy...could be worse than 2003.

I have always said if they cannot do it right do not do it at all!

Darrell Lawrence April 11th, 2014 09:32 AM

I disagree. I want them to make it, good or bad.

If it's bad, then once and for all maybe they'll let BSG rest in peace, and we won't have to deal with the headache of "Will they or won't they" anymore.

If it's good, then great. Maybe more good will follow.

But it needs to be put to rest one way or the other. No more teasing.

peter noble April 11th, 2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 313883)

If it's bad, then once and for all maybe they'll let BSG rest in peace, and we won't have to deal with the headache of "Will they or won't they" anymore.

I never thought of it this way before. What you're saying D, makes a lot of sense.

I'll have to think about it.

Jayworld April 11th, 2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Darrell:
Great statement. I concur totally. Been on this ride (like most of you) since 1978. Watched the show, watched BG1980, bought the novels, toys, comics, bought Richard's new novels, saw and spoke with Richard, Herb, and Dirk at the Plano Comicon right after the Fox DeSanto/Singer TV movie was announced (man, it was electric in the room that day, so many were excited), saw Richard's The Second Coming multiple times…been a part of it all. Ready to see something, good or bad. Heck, the current comics are a good ride at the moment….

Benedict April 13th, 2014 07:27 AM

This news, though welcomed, seems to be the excuse some fans of the latest version have needed to drag up the vitriol those fans have of BSG78. Awfully tiresome.

Be nice to see if it happens but I have the memories of 78 and won't hold my breath lest I am severely disappointed.

Titon April 13th, 2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Careful for what you wish for. In some people's eyes this has already ran it's course with the 2003 mini and series. Although I would like to see an ending to this just exactly what direction Larson takes is critical. Again the announcement is a "reimagining". So your saying in essence you are admitting that you f'd up 3 times before and we are going to get it right this time? Sorry I don't buy it. In order to initiate closer Darrell there would have to be cannon history and in my eyes there has not been enough. How do you incorporate the TOS and NuBSG into a storyline that satisfies everyone? The only logical course is to do a prequel centered around the TOS. Then yet again how many "sequels" do you think they could possibly generate to finish the storyline? If this bombs it kills Galactica for good. Having first hand spoken for hours with Tom DeSanto and his vision and story arc it's a slam dunk. Put it on tv where it belongs and let Tom run with the vision he had. It was good and makes the most sense to feasibly create a history and an end.

I have kept this show alive in my own world since it disappeared off of the small screen so unless Larson blow's me away with a significant story I will choose to stay away.

jewels April 13th, 2014 03:20 PM

I suggested this over at TOK, but I thought it might generate a little fun musing here too:

What IF it was a reimaging because it told a story during the 1000 yahren war and satisfied Glen's longing to do a Pegasus story: Say it ends with the Pegasus as sole survivor of (I just realized I named the wrong battle at TOK) the destruction of the Fifth Fleet at Molokai. That could even be the cliffhanger: did they or didn't they survive?

From Universal's viewpoint that's a "new" story. From Glen's point: It might be that untold Pegasus story he's been tasting since Lloyd Bridges swaggered onto the Pegasus' deck. For a new generation: it's a spaceship story in the middle of a hotly fought war. Do you think something of that order could work?

Sarika April 13th, 2014 11:29 PM

Really? Is it? :blink:

Sorry...just reading all this now. Late to the party.:blush:

137th Gebirg April 14th, 2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

This is wisdom. QFT! :thumbsup:

Eric Paddon April 14th, 2014 02:39 PM

The ship already sailed for me long ago. I've ceased to care about what might come because it won't be what I wanted to see, which is a resolution of the interrupted storyline from Galactica. We lost the chance to do it, and it's gone. I'm not interested in a retelling of Saga "done right" or a story about the Pegasus or anything that isn't what the whole dream of a continuation was for me in the first place. But I know that's not going to happen, so I won't have cause to whine when the particulars become clear. I've already accepted that outcome ahead of time.

Senmut April 14th, 2014 03:54 PM

Don't mince words, EP. tell us what you really think.

jewels April 14th, 2014 10:29 PM

Honestly, I think anyone in this fandom has a right to be a little cynical, or even a lot cynical about this.

I just personally have to have that "wait and see. Potential positives ahead," perspective. There's enough rough, tough and bummer in the universe...I'll take a little glimmer when and where I can find it. Even if it's just that we all had an excuse to de-lurk and chat. :)