Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Science Fiction Shows (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Stargate Atlantis 1x10: The Storm (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7924)

thomas7g September 10th, 2004 02:40 AM

Stargate Atlantis 1x10: The Storm

story:
The Approach of a powerful storm prompts Weir to order the evacuation of Atlantis, which gives a new enemy the opportunity to move in and claim its abandoned resources.

guest stars:
Colm Meaney, Robert Davi

review:
A decent episode. But not very exciting, relatively. The "trust" aren't a very interesting enemy. The lack a person to identify with. All the people we discover who are with them are always minor and of little consequence and fairly shallow.

A standard episode. Nothing great. But a nice evening diversion.

thomas7g September 17th, 2004 03:29 PM

Damn. Its a cliffhanger!!! I hate those!!!:cry:

Archangel September 17th, 2004 03:53 PM

I won't see it for a couple of hours yet. But I do look forward to seeing Colm Meaney on screen again :D

thomas7g September 17th, 2004 11:02 PM

Oh man...he's such a bastard. From a planet of bastards!!!!

Archangel September 17th, 2004 11:12 PM

And he does such a good job at it too. :D

Sci-Fi September 18th, 2004 02:50 PM

Robert Davi aka Commander Acastus Kolya is tough. Colm Meaney (Cowen) playing the bad guy reminds me of Walter Koenig playing Bester on B5. Nice way to break any typecast.

To be honest, SGA should have downloaded the Wraith info and then return it to the Genii, regardless of their treachery. If they want to kill themselves by pissing off the Wraith, then let them. They let the "Poisoning the Well" race do that.

thomas7g September 18th, 2004 05:36 PM

Agreed. Even though they don't get along, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

:D

I'm sjust glad to see a reoccurring character. I think the Genii are a much more interesting villian than the Wraith.

Hey, maybe they can give the Genai the address of the poisoned the well planet so they too can do that imunity thing. The Genii seem very ruthless.

Archangel September 18th, 2004 06:35 PM

I could see Cowen becoming a semi-regular baddie, at least when they're not fighting the wraith. But let's see where the producers and writers take this

thomas7g September 20th, 2004 10:05 PM

I like that too. But sofar its a 3 story arc. But hoepfully there can be more.

emerita October 2nd, 2004 01:35 PM

:eek: I missed this episode because Hurricane Ivan left us without power. I used my portable DVD player to watch reruns to keep from going into withdrawal...LOL :wtf: :blush: ;)

Darth Marley November 10th, 2004 02:49 AM

Well, it seems that our "UK" friends get SG;A a week earlier than we do.
I just couldn't resist.
I have seen the second part "The Eye" and it rocks.
I am liking Atlantis better than SG:1 so far.

unowhoandwhy November 10th, 2004 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Marley
I just couldn't resist.

I haven't seen "The Eye" yet, I never download eps, but after seeing a friend's review and hearing her raving over it being probably one of the best Stargate eps she had ever seen (and she was a bit of an Atlantis sceptic at first) I will be downloading it and watching it, I just can't wait until January! And I believe that it was our Canadian friends who finally got to see SOMETHING before the rest of the world did.

Also, on another note, I know that we all think SciFi doesn't listen, and they probably don't, but the production company for Stargate (Bridge Studios) seems to have listened very closely to what fans had to say. They heard the very positive reactions about Paul McGillion's character Carson Beckett and expanded his role from 4 or 5 eps to almost all of the shows in the first season and are apparently considering making him a regular, rather than a recurring, character. They even added in a scene for him (the one with his mom serving him dinner) in the premiere long after the rest of the show had been filmed. They also (according to people who have seen "The Eye") seem to have taken a lot of what people were saying about the show to heart. I can't vouch for that, not having seen the ep, yet, but someone I trust has told me that a lot seems to have changed between "The Storm" and "The Eye".

Sci-Fi November 10th, 2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Marley
I just couldn't resist.

Actually it is the Canadians that are getting the 2nd half of SGA before everybody else.
:salute:

Krystal November 11th, 2004 01:47 PM

I just love seeing Colm Meaney as guest star. And the episode was entertaining.
It was cool. :cool:

Krystal:rose:

emerita November 21st, 2004 09:34 AM

Well, I finally saw the Storm on Atlantis, that was prempted by Hurricane Ivan...lol.... I can't wait to see part 2, and I hope there is no storm to cut our the power...lol

thomas7g November 21st, 2004 05:04 PM

I think you were suffering from Reality Television. You had full senseround going!

emerita November 22nd, 2004 05:22 AM

LOL..that is for sure.....