Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   45th Anniversary Tonight (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19001)

CBSG4ever September 17th, 2023 05:32 PM

45th Anniversary Tonight

Tonight is the 45th Anniversary of the airing of the Original Series Battlestar Galactica! (45 YAHREN! :yikes: Lord I feel old...)
At any rate, I am making dinner. When ready, I have the Pilot Episode loaded on the ole' DVD player ready to start.
I can still remember the night I hijacked the family TV set back in '78 to watch an amazing, mind-blowing experience and show. :salute: to Battlestar Galactica (78) for fond memories throughout my youth and into adulthood.
Thanks for the story and vision, Glen. And thanks to the actors and actresses for bringing these amazing characters to life for us to enjoy!

Without further adieu, it's off to dinner and a movie... :D
Cheers to all and hope you enjoy the evening with however you are able to celebrate the occasion. :salute:

Charybdis September 18th, 2023 11:09 AM

Re: 45th Anniversary Tonight

Same here! Same story!! I put in my blu-ray disc (my how times have changed from 1978!) and watched the magic all over again.

One thing I noticed...the standalone movie which carries a 2:05 running time, has certain edits that make it a bit choppier. For example it leaves out Serina's reporting and the fight between Adama and Apollo, etc.

However, the pilot movie which comes as part of the overall series disc set runs at 2:19 and includes these scenes! So if you want to watch it complete, make sure you check the movie run time and make sure it is the longer 2:19 version...

JLHurley September 19th, 2023 03:44 AM

I've had the blu ray set for years and haven't watched it but finally sat myself down and watched the premiere Sunday night and had a great time. I'll be watching an episode every week through Hand of God. Good times ahead. :salute:

Charybdis September 19th, 2023 10:17 AM

That's the way to do it! Every few years, we need to pull out those discs and watch it all over again. I am amazed that it still brings a smile and goose bumps to me after all these years!

Eric Paddon September 19th, 2023 12:59 PM

I took part in a four hour video podcast hosted by IFB which does one every Thursday night. Eric Larson was the first guest and then other members of fandom checked in as well. IFB has produced its own fanfilm "The Stranded Warrior" which is a prequel to "The Lost Warrior" and they unveiled the trailer for it during the course of this. I wrote the trivia questions for a segment in the first hour and appeared in the final hour plugging my fanfic work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYw4keyfBw

ernie90125 September 20th, 2023 03:52 AM

I checked out the IFB broadcast to see the trailer for The Stranded Warrior. Thanks for the plug for Saga of a Fugitive Fleet. It all helps.

I too celebrated the anniversary but in a very different way. However, the decision is not to release it until after the SAG-AFTRA strike.

Something is afoot.

BST September 20th, 2023 06:37 PM

Oh my, 45 years later and I had a senior moment. Of course, I let EVERYONE know about it.

What was it, you say?

Well, it was this post --

The disc is in!!

Launching SAGA!!

Sunday, September 17, 2023

-- which I posted in the "Saga of a Fugitive Fleet" thread (the thread about the audio discs, ya know).

Well, reposting this, here, takes care of part of the correction. The rest of it can be found in the "Saga of a Fugitive Fleet" thread.

;)

Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Saga, 45 years later! :)

Charybdis September 21st, 2023 08:43 AM

About all that is left now is the release of the entire series in 4k. They have released Saga of a Star World this summer, now they need to release the rest of the series!