Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   14th Colony's House of Enlightenment & Wise-Assners (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3809)

The 14th Colony August 27th, 2003 06:43 AM

Yes, he would assuredly distort the concept and change the players involved. It would be disaster.

Okay my people, my cherished students, what more from my astronomical wisdom can I bestow upon those who wish to know all that is worth knowing? C'mon peeps, I gotta pay rent on my office...start asking questions or I'll lose my business and have to sit cross-legged upon a mountain top dispensing truth and philosophy to the few who brave the sleep slopes and driving winds, rocky crevices, and roaming Yetis. =\

Muffit August 27th, 2003 10:27 AM

Hi 14th! Aha, you still haven't answered my query, that should keep you off the mountain top for a while...

Quote:

Originally posted by Muffit
Hi 14th! I have another query for you. This one has always perplexed me. I do not believe either evolution or creationism has a good answer for it, it's just plain bizarre.

Why do men have nipples?

Inquiring minds wanna know :) Thanks!!!

:muffit:

The 14th Colony August 27th, 2003 11:44 AM

Muffit:
Quote:

Why do men have nipples?
My dear Muffit, it was a cruel joke played on men by the Creator. What man wouldn't want his own rack on his own chest to enjoy anytime he was dateless and wanted to enjoy a set of boobies? So the Creator gave man nipples to tease him and make him wish he had the rest of the package that was denied him.

Nah, that's not really why. It wasn't a joke played on man, it was a hint to serve as a suggestion to man that if he wanted the rest of the package he would have to connect with a woman in love and matrimony to get the rest.

Either answer will work, from a certain point of view. :D

Muffit August 27th, 2003 11:48 AM

Thanks 14th! Sounds good to me! :)

:muffit:

The 14th Colony August 27th, 2003 12:24 PM

Are you partially enlightened now? Hope so.
See, you can't talk about Battlestar Galactica forever. You have to seek knowledge and enlightenment in other areas as well.

shiningstar August 27th, 2003 07:33 PM

Sounds great to me 14th colony........by the way I love your
new Moniker ;)

repcisg August 28th, 2003 12:19 PM

I thought of a naughty reply to the nipples thing, but maybe not.

Muffit August 28th, 2003 12:48 PM

Oh, what the heck repcisg! Tell us! You can always bleep out the bad stuff...

:D

The 14th Colony August 28th, 2003 04:58 PM

Shiningstar, my "new moniker"? I haven't changed my name or anything. Do you mean my new avatar? If so, thanks. I drew that way back in school, a long-oh time ago. I doodled faces like that, among other things, in my notebooks during class.

The 14th Colony August 28th, 2003 05:01 PM

Quote:

I thought of a naughty reply to the nipples thing, but maybe not.
Awwww, go ahead. We're all adults here.

shiningstar August 30th, 2003 02:44 PM

LoL 14th colony

Stray Viper September 25th, 2003 08:42 PM

to the Regent of Retorts ...

Why do I like women with short hair?

The 14th Colony September 26th, 2003 07:38 PM

You hate choking on hairballs from long hair flyaways.

The 14th Colony December 17th, 2003 07:30 AM

For the sake of all newcomers, oldcomers, and anyone who comes, my wisdom and advice is free of charge and infinately useless, but not worthless.

bsg1fan1975 December 22nd, 2003 12:57 PM

O Wise One,

I have a query for you. Will my loving boyfriend give me an engagement ring for Xmas or will I have to give him the silent treatment for a few months so he gets that I am mad. Or should I just beat the stuffing out of him?:devil:

Stray Viper December 22nd, 2003 07:31 PM

Dear Wiseguy,

What would be fitting and just punishment for a fellow BG purist who wantonly viewed the miniseries? I await your answer. :salute:

The 14th Colony December 24th, 2003 10:31 AM

Re: Dear Wiseguy,

Quote:

Originally posted by Stray Viper
What would be fitting and just punishment for a fellow BG purist who wantonly viewed the miniseries? I await your answer. :salute:
Curse him and despise him, and cast him away! The traitor, the fiend! How could a purist be trusted after griping about the mini for a year only to watch it out of curiosity? Be gone with him!

Oh wait, you were referring to me, weren't you? :eek:

Uh....well, even Darth Badly is buying the TPM DVD to watch again, right?*

Hey, I didn't say I liked it...just that it wasn't as bad as I expected. So sue me! :D However, my BSG story synopsis is way better than the mini story, wouldn't you agree, oh Stray miner of Kessel?

*An inside joke. Sorry for any confusion, non GS members. :star:

The 14th Colony December 24th, 2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bsg1fan1975
O Wise One,

I have a query for you. Will my loving boyfriend give me an engagement ring for Xmas or will I have to give him the silent treatment for a few months so he gets that I am mad. Or should I just beat the stuffing out of him?:devil:

Here is my enlightening reply: If you give him the silent treatment, he may feel pressured and his choice to ask the question may or may not turn out as you demand, or expect. The spontinaity of the ring offering might not have the same emotion as it may have been without the pressure. But, I failed at a relationship after offering the ring and that part of my life ended, so maybe despite my immense wisdom I do not have the answer from experience for you. On the other hand, maybe you should beat the stuffing out of him. He may enjoy it, you know.

Or maybe you should give him a ring, or propose yourself. That would be a reversal that might either shock him, or spur him into action to accept the proposal that he should have done in the first place.

On another other hand, maybe waiting for the ring would be a bad idea. In Lord of the Rings every one who came close to the ring was affected in a negative way, and that ring befall many into doom and dread. Just a suggestion. :cool:

Stray Viper December 24th, 2003 08:25 PM

mmm ... stuffing. :muffit:

Stray Viper December 24th, 2003 08:26 PM

Your synopsis ...

Your synopsis would have made a fine continuation, 14th, and I would have been thrilled to see that -- even on Sci Fi. And that says a lot. :popcorn: