Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Merchandise & Memorabilia (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18773)

ernie90125 September 2nd, 2018 04:13 PM

Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Battlestar Galactica - The Official Ships Collection

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/images/sh...bfd68ea4a8.jpg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/battlesta...er-mark-1-ship

Darrell Lawrence September 3rd, 2018 12:24 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
I *really* wish they'd stop calling the Viper a Mk I or Mark I. It was NEVER referred to that in the series.

On a side note, I think I'll compare their top view to the top view of my 3D model.

Darrell Lawrence September 3rd, 2018 12:45 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
1 Attachment(s)
Holy Frach! That is NICE work by Eagle Moss! Pretty accurate!

Titon, your opinion?

Titon September 3rd, 2018 06:51 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 314594)
Holy Frach! That is NICE work by Eagle Moss! Pretty accurate!

Titon, your opinion?

Very nice!

I'll have to check out the site to see!

:)

Titon September 3rd, 2018 07:11 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
1 Attachment(s)
Very cool site. I see that they are die cast replicas not a 3d printed version.

It's a close replica but not fully accurate but it's die cast. If you look at the side intakes they are wrong for one. Your model is closer than the die cast from that site. Even the monogram model kit is more accurate. Been a long time since i looked at the viper and i might even have the bottom intakes not wide enough. They were almost cast identical.

Senmut September 3rd, 2018 10:54 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Two-seat version, anywhere?
Also, Croad's fighter, from Proteus. Any sign of one of those?

Darrell Lawrence September 3rd, 2018 12:40 PM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Don, if you look at my comparison, you can see the camera lens/distance is different, thus giving a slightly skewed look to theirs, but I agree, theirs is a bit off, but not by much.

And yeah.... die cast. That is damn good work for die cast.

And... you finished your Viper finally?

Titon September 4th, 2018 11:18 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 314600)
Don, if you look at my comparison, you can see the camera lens/distance is different, thus giving a slightly skewed look to theirs, but I agree, theirs is a bit off, but not by much.

And yeah.... die cast. That is damn good work for die cast.

And... you finished your Viper finally?

Last time i looked it was basically complete. Just the texturing.

ernie90125 October 29th, 2018 02:22 PM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/images/sh...995b5dd518.jpg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/battlesta...cylon-baseship

Titon October 31st, 2018 04:52 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Basestar look close but off considerably but with what reference is available for it not to shabby.

ernie90125 December 12th, 2018 06:05 PM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Viper unboxing videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R48zvmI-wQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYTLQpq5fs

ernie90125 December 18th, 2018 07:39 PM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Titon (Post 314597)
Very cool site. I see that they are die cast replicas not a 3d printed version.

It's a close replica but not fully accurate but it's die cast. If you look at the side intakes they are wrong for one. Your model is closer than the die cast from that site. Even the monogram model kit is more accurate. Been a long time since i looked at the viper and i might even have the bottom intakes not wide enough. They were almost cast identical.

Is this similar forthcoming product from a different company more to your liking ?

https://www.anovos.com/collections/b...lectible-model

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...g?v=1545026210

ernie90125 February 14th, 2019 06:35 AM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/image...06a6952a01.jpg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/battl.../galactica-tos

ernie90125 May 13th, 2019 02:58 PM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/images/sh...55b02de77e.jpg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/battlesta...er-mark-1-ship

ernie90125 August 8th, 2019 03:00 PM

Re: Eaglemoss - The Official Ships Collection
 
Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider Ship (Blood & Chrome) - TOS styled.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/images/sh...2b4cf37a76.jpg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/battlesta...ood-and-chrome


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets