Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Viper nose cam (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17309)

mikala November 27th, 2009 07:59 AM

Viper nose cam

2 Attachment(s)
Hey there just a simple anim with a plain Jane launch tube I'd made a while back.

KJ November 28th, 2009 04:22 AM

Re: Viper nose cam

Sweet! :cool: :eek:

Why do i always think you guys on here, could do your own Remastered BG episodes! That was an eye opener. Reminds me of one what was one the main CF webpage (is it still there?) a few years ago. Always figured the original series should've had a shot like that.

Nice. I can see "outer space" through the Viper launch tube 'railing grid', and it lacks the orange/red lighting, but its a beautiful clip none the less.

Can you do one with sound?

Might grab you even moreso into it, if you could do an extended clip with sound. Or one thats framecut a little differently in terms of playback speed, or one from a different angle? (i.e. worms eye view [lower], eagle eye view ['higher'], etc)

:thumbsup:

Sweet.

KJ

mikala November 28th, 2009 10:41 AM

Well it is being rerendered now as I had issues with most of it after I watched it a couple times.
As for sound...well sadly I do not have a Viper launch sound effect and a goggle search took me mostly to pages I did not want to be.
If anyone has decent wavs or mp3's of a takeoff I'd be happy to add some sound.

mikala November 28th, 2009 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few changes.

Gold Cylon March 6th, 2010 08:33 PM

Very nice, it seems a bit fast, but I bet in real life it isn't. Thanks for sharing even with out the sound good work. Hey in space no one can hear your scream, or Viper launch???

maudib March 6th, 2010 09:42 PM

Nice!!! I like the initial jerky motion. I have done a few launch animations using camera shake/vibration. It adds a more POV style feel if that's what you're after.

mikala March 6th, 2010 10:14 PM

Thanks people.
Yes I was hoping the jerky motion and the nose rise would give the impression of a fast take off.
I don't know how many of you have driven a really fast car that has the front end come up ( And you sink back into the drivers seat :) ) when you stomp the gas pedal but that was what I was trying to emulate.

gmd3d March 7th, 2010 01:44 AM

donĀ“t know how I missed this but I did :( great effect mate

Senmut March 22nd, 2010 12:09 AM

I tried to play it in WMP, Win Amp, Quicktime, and Real Player. No go in any of those.
Got any suggestions?

mikala March 22nd, 2010 05:53 AM

Never installed Real player on my machine but it runs on all the newest versions of the players you mentioned on my machine.

ernie90125 March 22nd, 2010 03:50 PM

Any other animations in the pipeline (pun intended) ?

mikala March 22nd, 2010 04:09 PM

I'll see what I can do.