Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colonial Library (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Human Cell (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7613)

Muffit August 10th, 2004 02:07 AM

The Human Cell

How apt it is we name our parts as cells. For in truth we find ourselves within one when without the courtesy of asking birth leaves us here. And though in desperate intimacy we strive to circumvent the walls like concertina briars that keep our hearts from freedom, we find in darkest evening hours the shroud that hides us hugging loneliness inside.

These shells that wrap our souls hide needs as well, like hermit crabs that shield their deepest wants from being held. The softest tissues forge our prison bars, and tears the tin cup cries we hide inside. Need like a warden drives us nourish well our private bastilles, as though to lose internment were a crime.

And if in happy neglect we find love anyway, another inmate’s glad to ridicule our momentary lack of melancholy, and make the fleeting hope set sail away. A spouse, a child, a toy, a show, mere camplight codon shadows dispelled by day.

If day’s sole longing effort is to illume the prison yard, then give me night’s false shroud and let me dream. A rainbow is not light that meets the eye; but Nature’s blush without the powdered shell.

Affectionately,
Muffit
:muffit:

julix August 10th, 2004 05:40 AM

Very good Muffit....you always have great words! :)

amberstar August 10th, 2004 09:09 AM

:rose: :rose: very moving Muffit!

My favorite musing yet.......

Muffit August 10th, 2004 11:06 AM

Thank you so much Julix and Amberstar :heart: It is so wonderful to have friends like you...

julix August 10th, 2004 02:09 PM

You are welcome my dear muffit :heart:

martok2112 August 11th, 2004 04:37 PM

Beautiful

((((((((((MUFFIT!)))))))))))

Can a brotha git a minit?

Muffit, beautiful prose as always, my dear friend. It is truly a blessing to know someone with as beautiful a heart and mind as yours.

Affectionately,
Martok2112

Dangit, where's that minit? :cry:

julix August 11th, 2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112
((((((((((MUFFIT!)))))))))))

Can a brotha git a minit?

Muffit, beautiful prose as always, my dear friend. It is truly a blessing to know someone with as beautiful a heart and mind as yours.

Affectionately,
Martok2112

Dangit, where's that minit? :cry:

Here is a tissue Martok ;)

Muffit August 11th, 2004 06:43 PM

Thanks so much Martok! :heart: And equally to know someone like you who is so talented at writing stories! :thumbsup:

martok2112 August 11th, 2004 07:28 PM

LOL! So much love in the house of Muffit.

Thank you, Julix. And Muffit.

Feeling better now,
Martok2112

The 14th Colony August 11th, 2004 08:29 PM

Such a way with thoughts and words you have, Muffit. You always bring up new ways of viewing life. So fascinating your musings are. :thumbsup: :salute: :)

Muffit August 11th, 2004 11:22 PM

Many thanks to you dear 14th :heart:

The 14th Colony August 11th, 2004 11:35 PM

Many welcomes. :beaver: :rose: :salute:

Archangel August 11th, 2004 11:39 PM

Muffit, you are incredible at this. Did you try publishing the words that you write???

bsg1fan1975 August 12th, 2004 03:48 AM

you tug at heartstrings!

Muffit August 12th, 2004 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel
Muffit, you are incredible at this. Did you try publishing the words that you write???

Thank you so much Archangel and Bsg :heart: Nope, never tried publishing or anything, just sharing with my wonderful friends...

:heart: to all ...