Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colonial Fleets Fan Project (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Colonial Fleets Fan Film (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17772)

gmd3d February 19th, 2011 10:14 AM

Colonial Fleets Fan Film

Recently I have been making suggestion or hints of a fan film
which I am calling for the moment Colonial Fleets Fan Film as
I want to use as much of the members talent here, and at 3drabbithole, http://www.3drabbithole.net/forums/, and Foundation3d too.

I name these as I have asked and received help offers from members. I will name later as things progress.

I also have a thread going for a Colonial Techmanual. etc
the reason I am doing both is that will act as a guide for
the production team.

One will follow the other...

As for the story..

I am writing a first draft of my idea.

Martok2112 (Stephen Dunlap) one of our resident writers liked the idea I suggested and will help with some aspect of the writing process.

Some of the model used in the Techmanual will be used in the film. but I need first to get permission from some... as they are not publicly available.

there will be a time in the near future I will be asking for help
in this and I think the premier site supporting the original Battlestar Galactica should be a big part of it.

the character will mostly be done in Daz program, Carrara.

If you can help. post your intention here.. If you have a model
in cgi gathering dust. it could be used in both projects.
the technical manual will be done. the fan film will only work
well if its supported.

I just need to hear back from one other main essential person. if he agrees this will be good to go.

Voice talent
2D Art
CGI models (some have been offered already)

only those on the project will know the story by the way.

but I will say it deals with the events around.
Saga of a Star World.

as the technical manual progress I am hoping to have all the set need in CGI ..... no long build up will be needed. we have almost every thing now.

Colonial Fleet need volunteers.

Thunderstruck February 19th, 2011 12:30 PM

Re: Colonial Fleets Fan Film

If I can assist by all means ask. IF you would like any footage I have made, it is yours for the asking,(provided I still have source Clip) or request some footage made etc

I have not done much in models, just a few things and some simple structures.
Voice? mine? No Clue if it a voice worthy of recording lol

I wished I could bring more and had a lot more time and experience to add to it.

I have more time than most . All I am really doing is learning,making Battle of Atlantia, and might be involved in a new attempt at making a racing game out of Renegade Maps and the Game as in like a mod- But I may only be useful making skins and textures for that as it uses Old W3d Westwood Studios Stuff, and I no longer have the apps to support them or the working RenTools. This may or not be a solid effort, but it has garnered some attention by more than usual members.

Anyhow, ask me.

gmd3d February 19th, 2011 12:35 PM

Thanks that's great.

there are areas that will need work. like titles at the introduction. etc

but your help is welcome.

gmd3d February 19th, 2011 12:38 PM

sorry also all the Effect in space will be in lightwave
and the character effect in Carrara.

I have or will have new model available.

David Kerin February 20th, 2011 08:46 AM

I would be glad to help out with any voice work if needed. Sadly I just don't have the time to help on the graphics/animation side.

gmd3d February 20th, 2011 08:49 AM

Great thanks David .....

the build up is coming together fine,,, I hope that it continues

I will be writing the first draft of the story this week..

mikala March 3rd, 2011 06:46 PM

It might be a good idea to have a listing of what you have in hand and what is still required especially if you are talking about 3D assets. What program/s that animation will be done needs to be considered as well as some conversion may need to be done.
This is something that will need to be handled very early on or everything will get hung up later on in an ugly bottleneck.

Amon Ra March 3rd, 2011 10:22 PM

Same goes for me about the voice work.

:colonial:

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Kerin (Post 304085)
I would be glad to help out with any voice work if needed. Sadly I just don't have the time to help on the graphics/animation side.

monolith21 March 3rd, 2011 11:51 PM

I wish I could help in some way!

gmd3d March 4th, 2011 12:42 AM

Great guys ..... I am running out the door and I will look at all this.

damn but this is exciting ....:)

DonĀ“t worry about helping out ....

everyone can help by researching and adding any info that could be useful
for the Techmanual..... as I said in other posts ... The Techmanual will be
the Guide for the fan film ....

gmd3d March 4th, 2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikala (Post 304462)
It might be a good idea to have a listing of what you have in hand and what is still required especially if you are talking about 3D assets. What program/s that animation will be done needs to be considered as well as some conversion may need to be done.
This is something that will need to be handled very early on or everything will get hung up later on in an ugly bottleneck.

The character animations will be handled in Carrara by Fretslayer and I hope Amon Ra. Fretslayer has a better working knowledge of that program. he work has improved
over the time I have known him,
But he is very busy at the moment with his band and is in a studio most of the time. but he supports the project.
I know he has tired to use LW but is still learning that.

The Space shot will be in Lightwave the will be me for sure to render them and perhaps others .
I plan on getting a second machine too.

I will go into the story ideas at another time... once I have worked out the angles and approaches ..
my hope is when this is all done... views will look at the work on the bay and say .. oh that how it would look like... It work.

that's why I want everyone here to throw in there ideas and not to be offended it not used....so far there are 2 possible approches to the landing bay ... punisher and me.....
If the majority liked Punishers more than mine ...... OK, great. we can move forward to the next thing
I think you will all be happy with the idea for the story ....I hope so anyway