Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Galactica Landing Bay interior (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13324)

SilentBob September 9th, 2006 04:04 PM

Galactica Landing Bay interior

1 Attachment(s)
Please bear with me, this is my first modelling project ever. Using the floorplan posted here by Taranis, I've begun construction of Level 2 of the landing bay. This pic is very preliminary and some of it is untextured. I added a few models for scale. The bay is wider than it looks, considering the row of 5 shuttles on the right further back in the bay. Program being used.....Bryce 5.5.

ernie90125 September 9th, 2006 04:10 PM

GREAT start. I'm actually quite impressed.

Any plans to develop animation ?

evil_genius_180 September 9th, 2006 10:03 PM

Looks sweet so far. I like the lighting. :D

SilentBob September 10th, 2006 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now showing it's one working elevator so far.......

gmd3d September 10th, 2006 10:47 AM

Has a totaly differant perspective when see in 3D :) how far do you plan on taking
this .. looks great so far ..

I was going to have a go at it my self in the future .. :) :)

SilentBob September 10th, 2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis
Has a totaly differant perspective when see in 3D :) how far do you plan on taking
this .. looks great so far ..

I was going to have a go at it my self in the future .. :) :)

I'm gonna try to do all of level 2, and thanks!!! :salute:

SilentBob September 10th, 2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125
GREAT start. I'm actually quite impressed.

Any plans to develop animation ?

Maybe, haven't decided, and thank you. :salute:

evil_genius_180 September 10th, 2006 10:22 PM

Nice job on the elevator. :)

SilentBob September 10th, 2006 11:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, barrier 1 is up with the first set of airlock doors. Also did some retexturing on the floor. I'll eventually change the texture on the doors. Shuttle is there for scale. Also including a screenshot of my Bryce layout screen showing a zoomed out top view of the whole thing to give you an idea of how big this sucker is. And thanks for the kind words so far!! :salute:

gmd3d September 11th, 2006 12:43 AM

Silentbob .. this really cool . and looks really fantastic.. I am hook on this keep them coming man :)

SilentBob September 11th, 2006 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Remembering from Taranis' drawing that the shuttles and landrams were stored on level 3, I realized that I would have to at least build an elevator for the shuttles. This was a little more involved than the viper elevators, since it comes down rather than goes down. Here it is, I'll merge it with the hanger later.

evil_genius_180 September 11th, 2006 10:47 PM

Oooooh, nice heavy duty-looking elevator. It's looking like a real aircraft elevator.

gmd3d September 12th, 2006 12:35 AM

Looks Great ... Once I have one or two projects finished I will follow you lead SilentBob and try this my self .. :)

Qeutzal September 12th, 2006 08:47 AM

dude!!

looking awsome, can't wait to see more. I've always wanted to see how the landing bay would look like from the inside.

keep it up, like I said can't wait to see more. :D :thumbsup:

SilentBob September 12th, 2006 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, shuttle elevator is in place in the forward section (main staging area according to Tyrannis' drawing). I negative booleaned holes in the floor and the ceiling for it. Also added Viper loading area. :cylon:

gmd3d September 13th, 2006 01:03 AM

really coming on in leaps and bounds, man !! your going where very few have gone before :) (ok that's very campy) I am going to have to do one myself ..

SilentBob September 13th, 2006 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot from the forward compartment, looking aft through the 3 now installed airlock bulkheads and doors (I promise, I'll eventually change that door texture). Due to the size of the shuttle, I might increase the size of the doors and the openings, or I can slightly reduce the size of the shuttle. Anyway, Viper elevators are now installed in the forward compartment (non-working). :Nsalute: :muffit:

gmd3d September 14th, 2006 12:09 AM

Mighty work :)

I remember Westy (who drew the outer shape in autocad . here is his work so far http://www.mortalstorm.com/)
worked out the scale in height based on in part what I done in the landing bay . I try to get intouch with him and
see if he can remember ??

Aussie Warrior September 14th, 2006 03:57 AM

Great job you are doing SilentBob

SilentBob September 14th, 2006 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I looked at the bay for a while and I realized that the bulkhead doors were too small, so I widened them. This halfway solves the EA Destroyer problem, as shown in the picture. Plus, non-working shuttle elevators installed in the background, so you get an idea of the difference in size between a colonial shuttle and the EA Destroyer. Please pardon the door in the background that has yet to be resized.

gmd3d September 14th, 2006 11:58 PM

Cool again .. looks alot better :)

Stevew September 15th, 2006 07:05 AM

Wow Bob very very nice, can't wait tilit is done
S :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gmd3d September 15th, 2006 07:58 AM

How are you Steve .. :)

Qeutzal September 18th, 2006 08:00 AM

WOW it is looking great keep it up. can't wait to see a wide shot of the landing bay full of vipers, shuttles and anything else you can fit in it.

:salute: :thumbsup:

spcglider September 18th, 2006 12:58 PM

Its looking really cool. You never really geta sense of how BIG the bays are until you see this sort of thing!

Keep on truckin'!!! :)

-Gordon :salute:

Dawg September 18th, 2006 02:06 PM

I believe David spells his last name with only one 'R' - but I could be wrong.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

SilentBob September 18th, 2006 06:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just fulfilling a promise and showing the new texture for the barrier doors. I also added a groove in the ceiling in the landing area (second pic). Renderings are starting to take longer.

gmd3d September 19th, 2006 10:46 AM

What are your rendering times so far ??

SilentBob September 19th, 2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taranis
What are your rendering times so far ??

I'll let you know next time I render one, lol. :rotf:

SilentBob September 19th, 2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
I believe David spells his last name with only one 'R' - but I could be wrong.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Apologies to Mr. Kerin.