Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Bridge WIP (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18660)

Punisher454 March 5th, 2014 01:53 AM

Bridge WIP

4 Attachment(s)
here are a few quick test renders made in late 2011 of my bridge model. This bridge model is being built for both the technical manual project being lead by Major Taranis, as well as my personal realtime galactica game project.

The current status of this set is that it is a little more complete and I'm about to start adding the swiches and buttons at all the individual duty stations. A few more vaccuform-panels and completing Omega's station.

In the realtime game model(using Cryengine3) I'll be able to have animated switchpanel lights and insturments, as well as video clips playing on the monitors. Walking up to the forward viewport will allow you to look out and see a little of the bow of the Galactica below. I will also be able to have AI characters sitting at the workstations pretending to perform routine tasks (sort of like the actors did) and have a few AI characters wandering around.
But for the realtime stuff the bridge will have to wait untill after the landram, shuttle, centurion, and laser pistol are finished.

Eventually I will be releasing this model and most of my others to the public, but thats a ways off right now.

I have some other stuff I'll be showing very soon here in the WIP forum.

Marvin

gmd3d March 5th, 2014 02:04 AM

Re: Bridge WIP

man I have forgotten how well this looks..

maudib March 5th, 2014 01:07 PM

Looks good. Any renders of the main viewer? Cry3engine is awesome.

Gemini1999 March 5th, 2014 01:51 PM

I like this...

Matador March 5th, 2014 02:48 PM

Nice work.... Very impressive.

Punisher454 March 5th, 2014 06:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Looks good. Any renders of the main viewer? Cry3engine is awesome.
The renders are in max, I havent fully exported this out to CE3 yet (some parts for testing). These images are a less finished version than the first images. but they do show more of the front view port. What they fail to show very wellis the recess beyond the glass for the shield. Actually I dont think I'm showing the glass at all in these.

In none of these renderings are there any rivets showing. Rivets make the polygon count explode. I will be adding some high detail rivets to the final model, and then I'll use it as a high poly source model and then bake the detail to a low poly version using xnormal, nDo and dDo. Cryengine now supports displacement maps. Its used normal maps and parallax maps for quite a while. combining each where they work best can keep the polycount fairly reasonable while looking like a 10million poly scene. Very cool stuff.

gmd3d March 6th, 2014 01:39 AM

I love it... great set

maudib March 7th, 2014 01:25 AM

Ah ha, thank you for the renders. I need to save these as reference material when I tackle the main bridge set. The lack of texturing is helpful to see the structure.

animaniac March 7th, 2014 04:09 AM

Looks Graet so far:thumbsup:

Punisher454 March 7th, 2014 10:03 AM

I try to do a "clay" type render with lots of AO of the geometry whenever I can, its so helpfull.

martok2112 March 7th, 2014 12:29 PM

Very freaking sweet! :)
This makes me want to redo my bridge set....and probably just do a complete reshoot of my BattleSTAR Galactica WARS project. (If I do, it won't be in "cartoon" form either.) :)

Matador March 10th, 2014 03:51 PM

Nice bridge work. Love the detail.

Senmut March 10th, 2014 06:24 PM

Something you can sink your teeth into.

Punisher454 March 10th, 2014 08:23 PM

Its really buggin me that I dont have the buttons, switches and lights for the workstations done yet. This set's been sittin for a couple years gathering dust. I really need the days to be about 10 hours longer.

And I need to do the pilots panels too, especially since a lot of those little components are used on the shuttle panel as well.

martok2112 March 11th, 2014 10:41 AM

Never be afraid to cannibalize.....components, that is. :)

Jayworld April 9th, 2014 08:03 AM

Very nice rendering job so far. Can't wait to see more.

Titon April 9th, 2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher454 (Post 313586)
Its really buggin me that I dont have the buttons, switches and lights for the workstations done yet. This set's been sittin for a couple years gathering dust. I really need the days to be about 10 hours longer.

And I need to do the pilots panels too, especially since a lot of those little components are used on the shuttle panel as well.

HA! You should see MY hard drives.

:duck:

That's awesome work on the bridge by the way. Makes my original attempt look pretty bad! :)

Punisher454 April 10th, 2014 11:38 AM

I just started work again on my galactica models, and then have had to stop.I have a big (big for me) cad/cam project thats now demanding all my available time.
But I'll be back on this soon.