Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   New BG Classic ongoing comic (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18356)

Jayworld April 10th, 2014 08:47 PM

Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Paddon (Post 313874)
Well I went through the annual, and I must say that I have to applaud this story. The continuity was straight with established Galactica canon and as a Baltar origin tale goes, it was well done. Nice way to try and harmonize both versions of what happened to Baltar in Saga!

Eric:
I concur. The annual was VERY well done, and provided an incredible backstory for the character of Baltar. Also, the surprise (twist?) ending was superb, and I won't spoil it here. I definitely recommend anyone and everyone going out to their local comic store and getting a copy of the Annual. Keep writing Dynamite, too! I'd like to discuss the ending and your thoughts about this issue once others have had time to buy and read.....

Issue #9 wrapped up the ongoing storyline of the 13th quite nicely, with a fantastic sci-fi type ending that reminded me of classic Star Trek. Very nicely done and well worth the $3.99.

Senmut April 10th, 2014 10:12 PM

He was finally rescued from Lucifer's BaseShip.

JLHurley April 13th, 2014 03:36 PM

The annual was a lot of fun--ditto issue 9. I wish the series had started out this strong.

Jayworld April 14th, 2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 313881)
He was finally rescued from Lucifer's BaseShip.

?? Not sure I understand….

Senmut April 14th, 2014 03:56 PM

Sarcasm, re Baltar. Me being bad.

Jayworld April 15th, 2014 10:38 AM

Gotcha! And me being dense. ;-)

Jayworld April 15th, 2014 10:41 AM

Here's a link from Lone Star comics that shows the upcoming covers for issues 10, 11, 12 (albeit with a disclaimer that the images may change):

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=24231039

JLHurley April 15th, 2014 05:59 PM

Thanks for sharing that link. I was starting to doubt that there was another issue coming post-annual.

Eugenia April 18th, 2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 313877)
Eric:
I concur. The annual was VERY well done, and provided an incredible backstory for the character of Baltar. Also, the surprise (twist?) ending was superb, and I won't spoil it here. I definitely recommend anyone and everyone going out to their local comic store and getting a copy of the Annual. Keep writing Dynamite, too! I'd like to discuss the ending and your thoughts about this issue once others have had time to buy and read.....

Wait, what? :wtf:

Baltar gets some attention? This isn't that Gaius twerp, is it?

peter noble April 18th, 2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugenia (Post 313928)
Wait, what? :wtf:

Baltar gets some attention? This isn't that Gaius twerp, is it?

What, you missed an entire comic dedicated to Count Baltar?

Shame on you! ;)

Eugenia April 19th, 2014 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble (Post 313932)
What, you missed an entire comic dedicated to Count Baltar?

Shame on you! ;)

I thought it was another of those "Oh, yeah, we'll do this if we get around to it - like never" things.

Let me guess, the surprise ending is Baltar makes it to end without dying. Well, I would be surprised... :)

Jayworld April 21st, 2014 07:44 AM

Pick up the issue and find out. Very good reading, and the artwork is terrific, too.

BountyHunter May 3rd, 2014 01:43 PM

Finally got those missing back issues in. Yay, I can finally start reading. And I'm laid up in bed with the flu today, so I've got my stack of issues 1-10, plus the Annual, and I can read em all in one go, if I want as nobody is expecting me to get out of bed and do stuff. lol :]

Jayworld May 15th, 2014 01:09 PM

Just picked up #10 today (last issue left at local comic store), and will post review later. My local comic shop still had a few issues left of #1, #3, and #7, but sold out of everything else.

monolith21 May 16th, 2014 03:46 AM

I finally have all the issues (non goofy cover variants). My local comic shop had them on sale for half off on Free Comic Book Day so I got all ten issues and two of the Starbuck issues for under $20! Now to catch up on some reading.

I'm glad that the response is positive this time around. The last round Dynamite did was alright but a little lacking.

peter noble May 18th, 2014 10:36 PM

Galactica 1880:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...oes-steampunk/

JLHurley May 19th, 2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter noble (Post 314071)

I don't think this one's going to get my time and money...

PaulGTweed May 19th, 2014 08:53 AM

I thought it was supposed to be a 21st century version of Galactica: 1980. Not an 1880 steampunk crap version or a sequel to Dynamite's ID4 rip off of Galactica: 1980 comic mini series. Dynamite did a steampunk version of the Six Million Dollar Man. It was either Six Hundred or six Thousand Dollar Man. I quess they forgot about the TV movie 'The Wild Wild West Revisited' Dr. Miguilito Loveless Jr. creates Six Hundred Dollar people.

Eric Paddon May 20th, 2014 02:59 PM

Yet another in a long, long trail of authors who when it comes to official Galactica projects, just do not get it.

peter noble May 25th, 2014 01:01 AM

Interview with Dan Abnett: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...-abnett-on-it/