Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saga of a Fugitive Fleet - 4 Audio Dramas - OUT NOW! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18881)

ernie90125 March 23rd, 2021 10:26 AM

Re: Saga of a Fugitive Fleet - 4 Audio Dramas - OUT NOW!

I hope you’ve checked them out Rowdy and enjoyed them too !

Rowdy Yates March 23rd, 2021 11:06 AM

Haven't gotten to order them yet, but going to! :salute:

skippercollecto March 27th, 2021 12:22 PM

Are these like old-fashioned radio plays?

ernie90125 March 27th, 2021 01:35 PM

That could be a good way of describing them.

I’d call them first person audio dramas.

Eric Paddon March 27th, 2021 05:43 PM

They're very well-done and as I've said before, even with the limitations they have (can't mention the characters by name etc.) it nonetheless is truly hearing the original cast play these roles again after so many years and letting us in part experience what we'd hoped to have seen happen 25 years ago when more of the people were alive and could have participated in something. I know in my case, what this drama has done has help remove the bitterness I felt for so many years regarding the Moore series. That's not to say I feel any differently about the Moore series as an end product, but the fact that I'm finally getting a chance to experience something with the original cast in something more than just a short trailer and which also if you listen carefully gives "confirmation" to my favorite post-HOG vision regarding the future of certain characters, is a LOT more than I could have hoped to experience at this stage.

Thank you again for making this possible. I look forward to finding some time when work settles down to go through a second listening of this.

Titon August 17th, 2021 03:58 AM

Wow...guess i need to pay more attention. Didn't realize this was done.

I will have to check it out!

:)

Eric Paddon August 17th, 2021 08:41 PM

You'll enjoy it! A lot of care went into this and in the end, even with its limitations, it *is* a lot of what we'd always hoped we'd have one day, which is the original cast doing their roles once again. And I've found that the fact we have something like that is of itself a kind of vindication and the end result is that if I still had any bitterness in me because of Moore, it isn't there any more.

Eric Paddon September 13th, 2021 08:57 PM

Went through my second listening of the whole saga the other day and enjoyed it even more! This time, the linkage between Kalgan and Baltar resonated more and made me appreciate better how each story ultimately built off each other.

As I said before, the real joy about having this to listen to and return to is that whatever bitterness I once had about the existence of the Moore series is no longer there because as a fan, there is something tangible out there that features the original cast returning to these roles one more time and offering a reminder of how special they were in bringing the characters of the Galactica universe to life.

Darrell Lawrence September 19th, 2021 04:11 PM

These are truly awesome.

If you (yes you, the person reading this) bought a copy, please leave feedback for ernie!

ernie90125 November 3rd, 2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 315853)
These are truly awesome.

If you (yes you, the person reading this) bought a copy, please leave feedback for ernie!

Certainly all feedback is gratefully received!

Senmut November 3rd, 2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125 (Post 315879)
Certainly all feedback is gratefully received…

On a Gamma Frequency?

Eric Paddon November 22nd, 2021 04:05 PM

If you haven't bought the CDs yet, get them! And if you do have them, and know of other Galactica fans in need of a Christmas season gift......this would be the perfect item.

I enjoyed going through it a second time and I even for fun did a little audio re-editing so that Tigh's initial journal entry begins with some music underscore from the original series. Could never be done "officially" I understand but it helped further cement in my mind how the final project, even with the limitations it had to operate under is a true Galactica effort.

ernie90125 March 15th, 2022 04:26 AM

Currently on offer on the Cherry Red webstore :

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...d-audio-drama/

Eric Paddon April 29th, 2022 01:57 PM

I'm on my third listen now, and each new one helps bring out more things to appreciate in terms of how ingeniously the stories were constructed even with the limitations were placed.

I've also gone a little further in experimenting with some Stu Phillips cues over certain scenes and found that the cue for the passage through the Nova Madagon works perfect for the sequence of escape from the space station in "Fail Safe". Also a nice cue from LPOTG-Pt.1 for the close of that story as we hear the final report on what was found.

Jayworld June 6th, 2022 07:21 AM

I got these for Christmas last year and have listened (so far) to the first two; I can't recommend them enough to everyone here on the forum, which unfortunately seems to be a continually dwindling number. You will NOT be disappointed.

Eric Paddon August 10th, 2022 01:34 PM

I took the liberty of updating the Wikipedia entry on the "Space Mutiny" movie to acknowledge the "Saga Of A Fugitive Fleet" adaptation as part of its overall history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mutiny

BST September 17th, 2023 05:33 PM

The ORDER is in!!

I'm getting the 4-disc set!!

BST October 6th, 2023 05:10 PM

:star: It has arrived! :star:

Eric Paddon October 6th, 2023 06:40 PM

Enjoy it! We all owe Daniel a debt of thanks for giving us the closest thing to closure we could have asked for in terms of a cast continuation.

Eric Paddon December 15th, 2023 11:33 AM

I appeared again on the IFB video podcast last night with fellow fanfic author Fran Levy and once again made sure to get some praise in for what "Saga" has meant to the fan community. Co-host Chris Moore showed off his copy of the printed script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ47YQYrwO0&t=1s