Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shattered Worlds (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Looking for Voice Actors (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12127)

TwoBrainedCylon October 14th, 2005 09:05 AM

Looking for Voice Actors

In the vast view of things, all media is art. (Plus, I didn't see where else to put this).

I'm calling for voice actors, people who sound pretty good within 20 or so takes and have the ability to record their own voice.

My current, immediate need is someone for a bit part of a strong male leader type.

I offer no pay, expect top performance, and require that you provide your own equipement. How can you refuse?

Any takers? If so, contact me at realshades@cfl.rr.com .

Sandy

Sept17th October 14th, 2005 06:23 PM

I responded at cylon.org

Breea October 14th, 2005 06:28 PM

Can't wait to hear it Sandy...LOL....I just can't see a southern Cylon....ya'll..no seriously Sandy..I know it's going to be great

Breea

TwoBrainedCylon October 16th, 2005 08:35 PM

More details at Cylon.org .

Thanks to all.

Sandy

TwoBrainedCylon November 23rd, 2005 03:48 AM

I just wanted to express thanks to those who responded so far. I haven't forgotten you. You should expect materials sent your way around mid-Dec. Episode 2 for Exodus is going to be a big undertaking .... read, part of me is asking just what did I get myself into.

EP1 is my my main focus at the moment but the prep work for EP2 and EP3 is underway.

Sandy

spcglider December 19th, 2005 09:31 AM

I've done quite a bit of voice-over work for video games, industrial videos, educational videos, etc.

Though I can't provide my own equipment. I'm a performer, not a techie!

-Gordon :rotf:

Lara December 20th, 2005 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breea
Can't wait to hear it Sandy...LOL....I just can't see a southern Cylon....ya'll..no seriously Sandy..I know it's going to be great

Breea

ditto, for the aussie version????

"Blaster? That's not a blaster, THIS is a blaster.. maaate"

Cheers,
Lara

TwoBrainedCylon December 20th, 2005 08:12 AM

I might actually have use for a female Aussie voice.

Send me a sample.

Sandy

Griffworks December 20th, 2005 09:45 AM

I'd love to volunteer. I was a professional Disc Jockey in my previous life, w/over 4 1/2 yarhen as an On-Air Talent doing both announcing a regular show as well as voice-over commercial work. However, I've been tasked to go to The Desert for 120 days starting in mid-January. :/:

If you're still looking for folks after May, I'd be happy to jump in! I've got a feeling that you'd prolly be done by then, tho.... :(

Lara December 21st, 2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
I might actually have use for a female Aussie voice.
Send me a sample.
Sandy

called my bluff and you've intrigued me...what the sneck could Sandy want with a Aussie accent??? (Unless he's been watching Farscape and realised that we DON"T talk like mangled cockney rip offs) :D :D

I'll work out the how to and give it a go. Can't promise I'll be quick about it, tho, being the busiest week of the year for the milk plant..

Cheers,
Lara

TwoBrainedCylon December 22nd, 2005 03:34 AM

Lara,

I've only seen 1 episode of Farsape and realized that everyone except the heroes speak with a deep, fierce, Conan-ish voice. Some of the upcoming episodes have a pretty full spectrum of characters and you might be surprised what we could use for them.

Griff,

I hope your deployment isn't coming at too bad of a time for you personally. Have fun and but stay low!

May will likely be in production of EP3 but I certainly could use people with your sort of experience. When you get back, we'll see what you can do.

Also, got any examples of the modeling work you've done? I know you've done a number of models along the way.

Sandy

Lara December 23rd, 2005 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBrainedCylon
Lara,

I've only seen 1 episode of Farsape and realized that everyone except the heroes speak with a deep, fierce, Conan-ish voice. Some of the upcoming episodes have a pretty full spectrum of characters and you might be surprised what we could use for them.

Sandy

:D :D :D

My brother in law brought round some software for me to play with that should give you the file material you need, so I'll have a go..

I'm probably closer to, Zaan (sp?) than Chiana. Us brit import, south aussies tend to sound more plum pommy than ocker. Conan-ish? perhaps I'll try my best Red Sonja or Valeria :D :D (Do you want to live forever??)

Cheers,
Lara

SixPacWolf January 2nd, 2006 10:17 PM

lol farscape moved over to stargate sg1 lol.

Star Dragon April 9th, 2006 03:12 PM

Are you still looking for VA's? I've done a few FS2 mod projects (Derelict, The Babylon Project, ect)
If so I will upload a few previous samples or new ones if you provide sample lines.

TwoBrainedCylon April 13th, 2006 11:30 AM

Yes I am. If you could send samples to realshades@cfl.rr.com that would be great -- or if you have some place to upload them then I can download them too.

In fact, your timing is good because I'm at the point where I'm starting to edit the first CF of EP2 and there are still roles that need to be filled.

So I again put out the call to everyone. I have a lot of small roles, some only 3-4 sentences, and I would like Exodus to represent the Galactica fanbase. I ask everyone to please step up to the plate and provide some more voices so the production can be as fully flushed out as possible.

Thanks to all.

Sandy

john158 May 29th, 2006 04:41 AM

hello

Star Dragon July 21st, 2009 07:00 AM

Re: Looking for Voice Actors

Been a while. (my xp comp got reformatted after my post and I never got the site back on it and I got a new vista comp last year).

Did I ever send you samples?