Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colonial Library (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   An Unamusing Musing (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7705)

Muffit August 22nd, 2004 12:56 AM

An Unamusing Musing

The moments of our lives are such maelstroms of chance and happenstance, we might well spend several lifetimes pondering all the paths from a single choice. And I felt Life twist the tuning knob of the phosphor of my existence, just last night.

We made a once in a lifetime trek to the sparkling gem that is San Francisco, and fell under its spell of hearts left behind there. The throngs of humanity that played, and me an Artful Dodger, weaving like thread on a loom through all the cacophonous mob. With mouth-watering mint chocolate in my bag and pockets nearly empty, we waited nigh an hour to ride the Powell and Hyde for the very first time, as evening drew on.

And then the most unsettling thing happened to me. As we wended our way up and down the steepness that wizards its charm, I found myself beside someone, and suddenly outside the universe I knew. Our sides touched and seemed to linger there, and for what seemed the span of childhood’s forever, I was a different me in a different life, swallowed whole by a gentle rip in Time. My spacious home in the middle of nowhere became a tiny light from an apartment window in the City, my constant loneliness a feeling of plenty in lieu. And the cold of the San Franciscan evening was warmed by another’s heart, and I knew this person for years instead of moments. Belonging flooded my soul, and a gelfling sharing filled my eyes and mind.

And then it was gone, this world that might have been, this joy I might have had, like foam that hesitates against the event horizon of childhood emptying baths. The touch had moved away, the press from others back, the other perfect world a flutter far away. And in a city of millions, I was so very, very alone.

Perhaps dreams are not fleeting wisps of thought, but worlds as real as ours. Lives we might have lived if gauche were right and hope a mint consumed. I do not know what spell the City weaved my threadbare soul, but I will never be the same.

I saw my life a butterfly in flight – and watched it fall to earth, the lifeless feather I really am.

Affectionately,

Muffit

julix August 22nd, 2004 07:06 AM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............
Muffit another really good one! :heart: you are so very talented!

Archangel August 22nd, 2004 01:19 PM

I still think you should try getting something published :)

Muffit August 22nd, 2004 02:16 PM

Julix and Archangel - :heart: :heart: :heart: ;)

Archangel August 22nd, 2004 02:48 PM

Just telling the truth, Muffit. You have a real talent with words and it is a real pleasure to read them. To keep them restricted to here.... :)

martok2112 August 22nd, 2004 04:29 PM

I agree completely with Archangel, and Julix, Muffit, dear friend.

You should be published. That intellect and sentiment that so embodies your personal character should not be confined to just CF, CA, and your website. You should be published.

With great affection,
Martok2112 :heart: :bounce: :)

Muffit August 22nd, 2004 06:17 PM

Many thanks Martok my friend :heart:

nuqDaq yuch Dapol? :D

martok2112 August 22nd, 2004 06:30 PM

Muffit, I think I left it in the car. I think it's melted now. :D

Lotsa affection,
Martok2112

martok2112 August 22nd, 2004 06:31 PM

Speaking of which!

nuqDaq oH puch'p'a'e?

I've got a turtlehead pokin out!

:D

Most irreverently,
Martok2112

Archangel August 22nd, 2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martok
nuqDaq oh puch'a'e.

yIQeqQo' neH. DoS yIqIp!

Ah, the times that I've been told this... :D

martok2112 August 22nd, 2004 07:09 PM

Ach....now where's that blasted Klingon Dictionary when i need it MOST!????

Martok the Overwhelmed :D :eek: :blink:

Charybdis August 23rd, 2004 10:05 AM

Wow, man, that's really deep....

Muffit August 23rd, 2004 10:45 AM

Many thanks Charybdis... :heart:

Dawg August 23rd, 2004 11:46 AM

I have, frankly, stopped expressing my admiration for Muffit's writing because I have run out of superlatives.

But I agree, Muffit - have you ever tried to get your musings published? They are nothing short of poetry, and pretty darn good poetry at that.

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
:heart:

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Rowan August 23rd, 2004 12:10 PM

The moments of our lives are such maelstroms of chance and happenstance,we might well spend several lifetimes pondering all the paths from a single choice.And I felt Life twist the tuning knob of the phosphor of my existence, just last night. There are many times I have done this, there have been several major turning points in my life and I have often wondered how different my life might have been had I chosen differently. It has been a strugle to survive most of my life so far.
We made a once in a lifetime trek to the sparkling gem that is San Francisco, and fell under its spell of hearts left behind there. The throngs of humanity that played, and me an Artful Dodger, weaving like thread on a loom through all the cacophonous mob. With mouth-watering mint chocolate in my bag and pockets nearly empty, we waited nigh an hour to ride the Powell and Hyde for the very first time, as evening drew on.
And then the most unsettling thing happened to me. As we wended our way upand down the steepness that wizards its charm,I found myself beside someone, and suddenly outside the universe I knew. Our sides touched and seemed to linger there, and for what seemed the span of childhood’s forever,I was a different me in a different life,swallowed whole by a gentle rip in Time My spacious home in the middle of nowhere became a tiny light from an apartment window in the City, my constant loneliness a feeling of plenty in lieu. And the cold of the San Franciscan evening was warmed by another’s heart, and I knewthis person for years instead of moments.Belonging flooded my soul,and a gelfling sharing filled my eyes and mind. . I too have experienced this and it is quite surreal…
And then it was gone, this world that might have been, this joy I might have had, like foam that hesitates against the event horizon of childhood emptying baths. The touch had moved away, the press from others back, the other perfect world a flutter far away.And in a city of millions, I was so very, very alone. That sensation has haunted me most of my life.
Perhaps dreams are not fleeting wisps of thought, but worlds as real as ours. Lives we might have lived if gauche were right and hope a mint consumed. I do not know what spell the City weaved my threadbare soul,but I will never be the same.
I saw my life a butterfly in flight – and watched it fall to earth, the lifeless feather I really am.

Muffit may I say that only a butterfly in full flight could know how to elevate our minds and souls to such heights of beauty with the poetry of her words. Believe it you are no lifeless feather to us!

Affectionately,

Muffit

With great affection and warmth :heart:Gaelen

(((((((((((((((((((((MUFFIT))))))))))))))))))))))))))):rose:

Muffit August 23rd, 2004 12:11 PM

Thanks so very much Dawg :heart:

Muffit August 23rd, 2004 12:12 PM

You are so very sweet Gaelen :heart: It is such a priviledge to have friends such as you...

Affectionately,
Muffit

shiningstar August 25th, 2004 07:04 PM

It's perfect Muffit ...........as ALWAYS :rose:

Muffit August 25th, 2004 08:25 PM

Thank you sincerely Shiningstar :heart: And many congrats on your Light Ship :)

shiningstar August 26th, 2004 07:41 AM

Thank you sweet Muffit for your continual Inspirational posts. You have no idea
how many times you have lifted my spirits. Thank you for being you :rose:

bsg1fan1975 August 31st, 2004 11:29 AM

give the lady a hand. Another outstanding musing!

Muffit August 31st, 2004 12:21 PM

Thank you so much Bsg :heart: :)

bsg1fan1975 September 1st, 2004 09:17 AM

your so welcome!