Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hi...new member here (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10043)

Callipygian April 2nd, 2005 07:55 AM

Hi...new member here

I have finally gotten the nerve to make my first post. I've been lurking here for months, so I know you're a great bunch of people, but for some reason I've been hesitant to post. I always enjoyed reading Muffit's Musings, and I hope she's doing well and returns soon. I already know many of you from Cylon Alliance, so hello to everyone I already know, and hello to those I hope to meet!

For those who don't know me, I'm a big fan of TOS and I have all the eps on tape (plan to get the boxed set someday). I'm a continuationist, and I diligently wrote my letters. I also enjoy the NuBSG (please don't hurl stones at me :eek: ), but I'm not blind to its faults, and I don't consider it to be the "grand reinvention of sci fi."

Anyway...hello everyone!

Calli

BST April 2nd, 2005 08:15 AM

Hi Calli,

*waves*

Welcome to the Fleets!!!

:bounce: :bounce:

It's so good to have your here! :)

BST

Breea April 2nd, 2005 08:18 AM

I agree.. welcome to our happy little home.
Breea

Darth Marley April 2nd, 2005 09:22 AM

What are the initiation rites for April?

Flamingo Girl April 2nd, 2005 09:45 AM

Why do I need to be initiated?

Oh, and hello newbie! Have some :mushies: and :milk:

gmd3d April 2nd, 2005 09:51 AM

Welcome Calli, It good to have you here and that you have taken the plunge and reg
with us. :salute: :salute:

Gemini1999 April 2nd, 2005 09:56 AM

Calli -

I'm very happy to see you make it over to Fleets! I enjoy your posts over at CA and I'm sure that you'll have a good time here as well...

The more, the merrier!

Welcome aboard...

Best always,
Bryan

Callipygian April 2nd, 2005 11:01 AM

Uh oh. Did somebody say "initiation rites?"

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have a lot of interesting and fun conversation here.

Oh, and...thanks for the milk and cookies!

Calli

Gemini1999 April 2nd, 2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callipygian
Uh oh. Did somebody say "initiation rites?"

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have a lot of interesting and fun conversation here.

Oh, and...thanks for the milk and cookies!

Calli

Calli -

Actually, the initiation rites have an odd twist to them.....

You get to eat all the milk a cookies you want, but Marley gets to sit and watch. I hope you're not self conscious eating in front of a guy!

Here you go:

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :milk: :oreo: :oreo: :oreo: :oreo: :milk:

Marley, make sure she finishes them all....

Best,
Bryan

Callipygian April 2nd, 2005 03:25 PM

Your post is even funnier than you know, Bryan. I'm actually sitting here, eating cookies (homemade snickerdoodles) and milk while I write this. And while I'm not normally self conscious about eating in front of guys, I don't know if I could do it while looking at Darth's large green noggin and those piercing, glowing green eyes.

Maybe I can distract him by offering him a cookie!

Calli

Breea April 2nd, 2005 03:31 PM

Don't worry Calli,
He grows on you after awhile.Just rub that shiney head and he'll purr like a kitten...LOL
Breea

Gemini1999 April 2nd, 2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callipygian
Maybe I can distract him by offering him a cookie!

Calli -

Bright, shiny objects usually work best where Marley is concerned.... Nothing fancy - maybe a pie tin attached to a bit of string should do it!

Marley - you know I'm just funnin' with ya! :D

Bryan

Breea April 2nd, 2005 03:42 PM

Bryan,
How about a shiney new whistle ???
Breea

Breea April 2nd, 2005 03:44 PM

After all, he's so lovable anyway...just makes you want to squeeze him. :)
Breea

Dawg April 2nd, 2005 04:47 PM

Hi, Callie!

Good to see you here!

The initiation rites involve yellow kool-aid and beavers
( :beaver: ) - if you're smart, though, the safer bet is the blue kool-aid (to be taken in moderation) over at the bar.

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Lara April 3rd, 2005 05:19 AM

Hi Calli,
Nice to see you made it over here. There's lots of extra stuff you can see now you're in, not just lurking.

Cheers,
Lara

Callipygian April 3rd, 2005 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breea
Don't worry Calli,
He grows on you after awhile.Just rub that shiney head and he'll purr like a kitten...LOL
Breea

Hello Breea - I'm familiar with Marley, and I've been enjoying his posts on many sites for quite sometime. He has more links to more sites (informative, bizarre or just plain funny) than even the self-appointed net historian, larocque6689. But I would never, ever in a million years consider what you have proposed above. Besides...if you have a mind that occasionally slips into the gutter, as I do, your innocent little sentence sounds almost obscene. :eek: ;)

Hi Lara. I'm looking forward to exploring the previously off-limits stuff!

OK Dawg. Now I'm really scared. Yellow kool-aid and beavers are two things that should never, under any circumstances, be seen together in the same sentence. :)

Calli

Callipygian April 3rd, 2005 08:25 AM

Woohoo. I just lost my cherry. And I didn't even know I was a born again virgin!

Breea April 3rd, 2005 08:36 AM

LOL..oh well Calli...can't say I didn't give you a " HEAD"S " up :LOL: :D ....At my age my dear my mind goes out more often then I do or maybe it's the only thing that does...... :eek: :D
Breea

Spike The Cylon April 4th, 2005 11:08 AM

Welcome aboard :salute: :Nsalute:

bsg1fan1975 April 5th, 2005 11:46 AM

Calli,

the only thing you really have to worry about in here is if you are offered kool aid. Take the kool aid and not the kool aid. Trust me the blue is safer!