Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Problems with Disk 4 - War of the Gods 2 (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4921)

longtimefan62 November 10th, 2003 06:26 PM

Problems with Disk 4 - War of the Gods 2

Has anyone had any problems with Disk four, War of the Gods Part 2. I was watching near the end when the Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba are on the ship of lights. My DVD hangs up in a couple of places. I checked it on two different players and the same problem occured. I will probably exchange it at Best Buy, but I wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem. I could be a bad lot. I had a similar problem with a set of Star Trek The Next Generation that I bought at Walmart and I exchanged the set twice and had the same problem occur on each set, so in the end I demanded my money back and then bought it at Best Buy. Any thoughts.

November 10th, 2003 07:43 PM

I am haveing similar problems with Disk 2 side 2. After the opening credits of "The Magnificent Warriors," the picture freezes or breaks up. I have watched "War of the Gods" and I didn't have any problems there. I believe there are batches of bad disks floating around and we are some of the few unfortunates to "win" this lottery. I have tried to exchange it at Circuit City but they are out of stock and do not know when new sets will come in. I will wait another week and if they do not deliver, I will get my cash back and buy it someplace else. Good luck with your efforts to get your hands on a perfect set.

Muffit November 10th, 2003 07:51 PM

Hi longtimefan62! Welcome to Colonial Fleets! Sorry you're having problems. You're not alone, there seem to be random problems with various disks for several folks. Mine sometimes has problems with Disk1 Side 2, Lost Planet of the Gods, when it shows the void and Apollo's bachelor party. Works most of the time so I didn't return it - wanna check the rest of the disks first anyway.

Cheers!
:muffit:

Starbuck November 11th, 2003 06:39 AM

My copy of Experiment in Terra has a couple of blips in it, but that's the only problem I've encountered thus far. I still have 3 episodes left to watch though. :choco:

goldcenturian November 11th, 2003 07:43 AM

Before returning them..

Try cleaning them off with a cloth made to clean glasses with. You know the silky one you can get a Wal-mart for about $2.00. I usually try that before returning anything. It works almost every time. I tend to clean every disk before I put it in now. Just take the cloth straight across the disk. Don't do it in a circular motion! Just straight across a couple of times. I've only had to return one new disk after doing this and that was Oh Brother where Art thou? Even used disks can sometimes be saved without returning them.
I've also noticed that sometimes small powers surges and dips will cause momentary blips in my DVD player. Because I'll go back to that spot and nothing will be wrong with it.
Carolyn

Starbuck_frack November 11th, 2003 10:02 PM

I must be very lucky. Not one problem with any of my discs from the set. I bought my set at FYE.

Artemis November 12th, 2003 12:07 PM

My replacement set is supposed to show up today, I hope I don't have problems with any of these disks, it sounds like there are a lot of bad copies out there.