Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Science Fiction Shows (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Tron 3 growing legs (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18442)

BST December 31st, 2012 10:44 AM

Tron 3 growing legs

Apparently the players are being assembled to make this a reality.

Check the link for the entire article:

http://collider.com/tron-3-tron-lega...sinski/217942/

:bounce: :bounce:

martok2112 December 31st, 2012 11:03 AM

Re: Tron 3 growing legs

Bring it on, baby!!!! :)

BST December 31st, 2012 12:49 PM

While I would like to see the next step taken, having Quorra become Flynn's gift to humanity, I'd like to see them work in "echoes of Flynn". Did he survive the re-integration? Is his spriit, or something more tangible, still on the Grid?

Many possibilities, there are. ;)

martok2112 December 31st, 2012 02:38 PM

I would also like to see the epic battle/invasion that was alluded to in Legacy. This could well tie in with Flynn and Clu merging. Clu could be the dominant personality at first, since Quorra said Flynn would not survive such a merging. She would be only partially correct. Flynn did survive, but he must struggle with the persona of Clu while Clu carries out his plans of purifying/perfecting the world of the Users. I like the idea, Pete, of Quorra being a gift to the Users' world, and she and Sam (along with Alan and a resurrected TRON) could be instrumental in freeing Flynn from Clu's subsuming his persona, and then they could be instrumental in winning the great war.

Make Tron 3 big, badass, and epic. :)

BST December 31st, 2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 311005)
I would also like to see the epic battle/invasion that was alluded to in Legacy. This could well tie in with Flynn and Clu merging. Clu could be the dominant personality at first, since Quorra said Flynn would not survive such a merging. She would be only partially correct. Flynn did survive, but he must struggle with the persona of Clu while Clu carries out his plans of purifying/perfecting the world of the Users. I like the idea, Pete, of Quorra being a gift to the Users' world, and she and Sam (along with Alan and a resurrected TRON) could be instrumental in freeing Flynn from Clu's subsuming his persona, and then they could be instrumental in winning the great war.

Make Tron 3 big, badass, and epic. :)

Or, maybe make it "Part 1".... ;)

Jubal January 1st, 2013 07:22 PM

There was a lot of talk of Dillenger in the "Day After" movie, so that could be interesting.

Always been a long time Tron fan. (Most of the time I go by the name "Clu", which I've been using since like 1985). ;)

martok2112 January 2nd, 2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubal (Post 311011)
There was a lot of talk of Dillenger in the "Day After" movie, so that could be interesting.

Always been a long time Tron fan. (Most of the time I go by the name "Clu", which I've been using since like 1985). ;)

Yes, I would like to see young Edward Dillinger have a larger role in the next movie. Cillian Murphy was uncredited as Dillinger in Legacy. (A Disney movie, no less....quite an interesting leap for Murphy, who is usually involved in far more intense fare).

martok2112 January 11th, 2013 11:58 AM

Only one other thing I require for Tron 3...Daft Punk once again does the score.

The ending titles of TRON Legacy gets me pumped up every time I hear it.

BST January 11th, 2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 311091)
Only one other thing I require for Tron 3...Daft Punk once again does the score.

The ending titles of TRON Legacy gets me pumped up every time I hear it.

Absolutely!! I have rarely heard music that fit the video more perfect than that.

:thumbsup:

martok2112 January 11th, 2013 06:10 PM

Indeed. And don't get me wrong. I liked Wendy Carlos' score for the original TRON, but the Daft Punk soundtrack is so much more upbeat, and I was enthralled by it.

Trivia note: Wendy Carlos did music for another movie years earlier....a rather infamous cult classic called "A Clockwork Orange". But, she did it as Walter Carlos. (I don't know if she'd had a sex change from male to female after Clockwork Orange, or if she just had to go with a man's name at the time, if female movie composers had a rough time back in the early 70's trying to make their way into a largely male dominated industry.)