Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica Cafe (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Old Cartoons (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2204)

Erzengel March 10th, 2003 10:22 PM

Old Cartoons

If we're going to have an old TV thread, then we must have an old cartoon thread!

I just saw a few toys from some of my favorates from the 80's. G.I.JOE, Thundercats, Silverhawks, and Voltron.

Anyone else remember their favorate cartoons?

ojai22 March 10th, 2003 10:40 PM

The Road Runner is my all time favorite cartoon. I just rented a DVD from Netflix - 70 years of Popeye. It went so far back one of them was in black and white. Quite a kick!

Micheleh March 11th, 2003 10:44 AM

TV cartoons? Definitely- my faves were Underdog, an Rocky and Bullwinkle. (Not so much for them, but I loved Sherman and Peabody, Fractured Fairy tales, and Dudley Dooright.)

Flamingo Girl March 11th, 2003 10:50 AM

I loved Underdog, and Atom Ant.

I used to watch Popeye Sunday mornings, they were hosted by this guy who also hosted a family friendly movie later on (and used the opening music of the song "Reminiscing" effectively ruining that song for me...). One of my favorites that he showed a lot was Gulliver's Travels (I loved how 'real' Gulliver looked), and I ran across the DVD of it in my store, so I bought it. They must have fixed it up, coz it looked a lot better than I remember.

Muffit March 13th, 2003 06:39 PM

Hi all! I remember all of these! Yep, they were great. I liked that sub-cartoon of Underdog with the "drizzle-drazzle-drozzle-drum" at the end too.

How about Milton the Monster?
:music:
Three drops of essence of terror
Two drops of sinister sauce
"When the stirring's done, may I lick the spoon?"
Of course, ah-ha, of course.
Now for a tinch of tenderness, but I must use only a touch
For without a pinch of tenderness, he might destroy me!
Oops! Too much!
Better hold your breath it's starting to tick
"Better hold my hand I'm feeling sick"
"HELLO DADDY"
What have I done???!!!
"I'M MILTON, YOUR BRAND NEW SONNNNNNN..."

Yeah, people don't write quality stuff like that anymore...:D
:muffit:

skippercollecto March 27th, 2003 11:39 AM

flintstones

"The Flintstones" were my first obsession. I never watched the show when it originally aired from 1960-1966. But one of the local stations started showing it in syndication in the evening in late summer 1967 (when I began first grade) and I've been hooked ever since. I can "do" Flintstones the way others can "do" Star Trek or Star Wars (by that I mean I know the show backwards, forwards and upside down).
Mary

emerita March 29th, 2003 09:01 AM

I was a big X-men cartoon fan back in the 70s. They had started showing reruns on Sat. mornings a couple of years ago then suddenly stopped them. I even have the cartoons on VHS that my son bought me for my birthday.

I watched cartoons along with my kids when they were little also.I loved the sci-fi ones the best. The Sar Trek, left me a little wanting. I never like them much although I am the very first trekkie on record.

Flamingo Girl March 29th, 2003 02:52 PM

I liked the Star Trek cartoons, but I was a little disturbed by the bionic sound effect they seemed so fond of.

BST March 30th, 2003 02:26 PM

What a nice ride back...I remember (and watched) most of these. Also watched Scooby Doo, Speed Racer, Super Friends, Bugs Bunny, and even though it wasn't a cartoon -- H R Pufnstuf.

Hearing about the Flintstones (probably my favorite), got me to thinking about some of the episodes. Does anyone remember the name of the place where the Flintstones and Rubbles got involved in the feud with the "Hatrocks" ? I can't remember it for the life of me.

Take care,

BST

skippercollecto March 30th, 2003 06:10 PM

to bst

Regarding the episode with the Hatrocks:
Fred had inherited an estate called Sam Cemente in Arkanstone.
Mary

BST April 2nd, 2003 04:13 PM

Mary,

Thank you, Thank you...I could not remember that at all!!

"Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my MIND the most!"

BST

Thomas P April 2nd, 2003 06:21 PM

Milton the Monster!!! Gawd I had long forgotten that one - it was a goodie!. Drizzle..drazzel... that's Tuttle the Turtle, right?

Fav's (crap I'll really look old now):

Johnny Quest
Astro Boy
Eighth Man (aka. Tobor the Eighth Man)
Tennessee Tuxedo
SPACE GHOST

Dawg April 2nd, 2003 09:26 PM

Lordie - I haven't thought about Johnny Quest in years... The original was the best, too, not the revival toons from a few years ago. Speed Racer, too, on an old Packard Bell black&white in my parent's den....

I feel old. :(

I still think the Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons from the 40s and 50s are the best, though (no, I didn't see them first-run in the theaters, either. I'm not THAT old.)

Does anyone remember UltraMan? (Well, it wasn't exactly a cartoon, though - early Japanese live action, sort of like Power Rangers but not so flashy. Probably as dumb.)

I am
Dawg

Muffit April 3rd, 2003 10:20 AM

Yes I remember Ultra Man Dawg. I watched it with Speed Racer and Kimba. Ultra Man was kinda corny with the guys dressed in costumes (a lot like Power Rangers) but i liked it anyway. Thanks for reminding me!

emerita April 3rd, 2003 01:14 PM

Oh man, I forgot about Johnnie Quest too....and my kids watched Speed Racer every morning while they got ready for school.....

:music: GO...GO....GO GO...SPEED RACER...:music:

Thomas P April 3rd, 2003 02:57 PM

I was hesitant to include Kimba :D But, yep watched that too.

Muffit April 3rd, 2003 05:09 PM

Funniest short cartoon: "Bambi Meets Godzilla". Loved it!!! I just looked and they have the darn thing at Amazon. Gonna buy it later this month if they don't sell out.

And don't feel bad about Kimba Thomas P! I think any of us who watched it are a bit timid to admit it! :D

Kimba the white lion is from Africa
blah-blah-blah
Kimba the white lion is the one!

Muffit April 4th, 2003 08:41 AM

Okay folks! Set your WayBack machines for 1962!! It's time for:
BEANY AND CECIL
"What the heck!!!"
Find info and sounds at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cave.../bc-index.html

And for you REAL old timers out there, take a trip back to 1957 for:
RUFF AND REDDY
Hanna Barbera's first real cartoon series! Find the intro movie and more at:
http://www.toontracker.com/ruffredd/ruffredd.htm
I had the puzzle when I was 2, with them on a roller coaster!!!

Now I sound REALLY old!!!
Anybody remember???

emerita April 4th, 2003 10:05 AM

Man, I do....every Saturday morning.......
As I type this, the BSG Marathon on Sci-fi is playing in the background.....

Flamingo Girl April 4th, 2003 04:55 PM

Cecil the seasick sea serpent!

OMG! I just saw an ad for the Fat Albert Show, it's being put out on tape and disc for the first time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, gonna have a good time!

skippercollecto April 4th, 2003 04:56 PM

marine boy and prince planet

Everyone else always talks about "Speed Racer" but the two I really loved were "Marine Boy" and "Prince Planet." Were they ever released on VHS (I mean officially, as a licensed product), not a copy that someone made. If they were, and are still available, I would like to buy them.
Mary

une April 5th, 2003 08:14 AM

Ghostbusters, the real one not the garbage with the monkey, was genius on so many levels.

Muffit April 5th, 2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by une
Ghostbusters, the real one not the garbage with the monkey, was genius on so many levels.
Welcome to Colonial Fleets, Une! :)

Erzengel April 5th, 2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by une
:wtf: I completely forgot about that piece of idiotic trash. That was one of the worst cartoons every made and that's saying alot.

une April 5th, 2003 07:01 PM

Quote:

I completely forgot about that piece of idiotic trash. That was one of the worst cartoons every made and that's saying alot.
Which one, the one with the monkey, or the one with slimer?

Cause if your talking about the one with slimer, I might have to go ectoplasmic on your fool behind!

emerita April 6th, 2003 07:58 AM

I never saw the one with the monkey.......

welcome to our world, une.......

bsg1fan1975 April 15th, 2003 04:23 AM

Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Always liked it when he tried to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Muffit April 15th, 2003 08:36 AM

I got some oldies but goodies for you.

How about Atom Ant? "Up, up and atom, atom ant!"

Or how about Fearless Fly? "I can't do anything without my glasses..."

Or even more famous, Mighty Mouse: :music: "Here he comes to save the day, that means that Mighty Mouse, is on his way..." :music:

Flamingo Girl April 15th, 2003 09:09 AM

Atom Ant and Mighty Mouse were ok, but I preferred Underdog.

And I liked The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, but I liked it even more when I grew up and learned what the jokes were.

repcisg April 15th, 2003 10:18 AM

I loved the roadrunner, but in life I seem to come off like Wyle Coyote.