Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We moved to a new server (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18684)

Darrell Lawrence April 27th, 2014 06:52 AM

We moved to a new server

We moved to a new server. IF you should find any errors, such as avatar or attachment or anything uploading, or any posting errors and such, please post it here so I can fix it.

Titon April 27th, 2014 11:45 AM

Re: We moved to a new server

That picture looks just like ya!

;)

Rhaven Blaack April 30th, 2014 02:55 AM

I am glad to see that the move went well and I hope that everything will work out well (Fingers Crossed)!!!

bsg1fan1975 April 30th, 2014 05:06 PM

Glad we are back in business!

jewels May 1st, 2014 06:05 PM

It does look like the guy is tall enough to be Darrell. (Darrell is very tall).

Sarika May 3rd, 2014 11:15 PM

Happy to see we're back! I tried to come for a landing a few weeks ago, and the landing bay was closed...:D

Lara May 4th, 2014 01:43 AM

I'm just glad to be allowed back in.

I do seem to have adjustment problems with text not wrapping in posts I'm reading.. they're off the screen right and I have to scroll LR as well as the usual up down.

cheers

BST May 4th, 2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 314004)
I'm just glad to be allowed back in.

I do seem to have adjustment problems with text not wrapping in posts I'm reading.. they're off the screen right and I have to scroll LR as well as the usual up down.

cheers

Lara,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty.

Is it happening on all threads?

Please include a few examples, if possible. :)

Thanks,

BST

Eric Paddon August 20th, 2018 02:09 PM

So....after many months of this site being gone, I have found it back with missing posts from the last three years. Is Fleets still alive and working?

Senmut August 20th, 2018 04:28 PM

Let us hope so, O Eppadious Leader. I'd hate to think of it being gone forever.

Eric Paddon August 20th, 2018 04:30 PM

For the moment, I feel like I've wandered into a Derelict vessel.

ernie90125 August 20th, 2018 05:04 PM

It nearly was...but Fleets is back, just without four years of threads that aren't here, but as long as a spirit of Fleets is here, that's the most important thing.

Eric Paddon August 20th, 2018 06:31 PM

Well that's good to know. I suppose we'll get the full explanation of what happened in due course but I hope the word gets around and people come back.

Jayworld August 21st, 2018 10:43 AM

I hope so, as I migrated over to the "By Your Command" BG forum, which seems really good (people are nice). Would be good to have some sort of explanation as to why everything went black for several months; when this happened about a year to a year and a half ago (albeit a much shorter duration) we received evasive or "Galactica speak" responses at that time....

Nice to have it back, though...

Senmut August 21st, 2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Paddon (Post 314462)
For the moment, I feel like I've wandered into a Derelict vessel.

Just so long as Iblis isn't aboard somewhere.

Charybdis August 27th, 2018 09:47 AM

Thank the Lords!! I was also beginning to wonder if Iblis had blitzed this forum!! So glad to have it back right before the 40th anniversary coming up in September!

Jayworld August 27th, 2018 09:53 AM

Any word on if the forum will be updated with the missing posts from 2015-2017? Also, any admin word as to why Fleets went into the void for so long (please, without the Galactica - speak nomenclature)?

Senmut August 27th, 2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 314491)
Any word on if the forum will be updated with the missing posts from 2015-2017? Also, any admin word as to why Fleets went into the void for so long (please, without the Galactica - speak nomenclature)?

Spoilsport!!!!!:errr:

Darrell Lawrence August 28th, 2018 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 314491)

Patience. All will be made clear soon. As for posts from the past few years - They're gone, unfortunately. What the site is operating off of is a database back-up of mine from 4 years ago.

Jayworld August 28th, 2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence (Post 314506)
Patience. All will be made clear soon. As for posts from the past few years - They're gone, unfortunately. What the site is operating off of is a database back-up of mine from 4 years ago.

Great, thanks for the update. Will look forward to coming explanation. Regarding my previous post; in the past, when Colonial Fleets has gone down and then later back up (2-3 weeks to a month or so), when questions were asked why, the answers were generally like this:

- black void in space
- Cylon attack
- work of Count Iblis
etc., etc.

That's what I meant by "Galactica nomenclature." Just would be nice to get the real story. There aren't a great deal of us still left here, from a forum with well over 1,000 members, when it was last active about July of last year, there were no more than 40+ semi-active to active members, so there are still a few of us that enjoy coming here looking for and sharing information about our beloved series.

Thanks again for the post. BTW, have tried looking at the Internet Archive and Wayback Machine, but they don't screen capture everything on the forum, so unfortunately it seems like the last 4 years are truly lost...

ernie90125 August 28th, 2018 12:49 PM

I suggest anyone with social media that's followed by other CF members might kindly post the news that the forum is back ?

Matador August 29th, 2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie90125 (Post 314515)
I suggest anyone with social media that's followed by other CF members might kindly post the news that the forum is back ?

I have!
:salute:

Punisher454 September 7th, 2018 08:16 PM

I just a got an e-mail from CF and am very glad to see it back up.

Westy September 12th, 2018 01:57 AM

Welcome back CF!

bsg1fan1975 September 13th, 2018 01:20 AM

Yay! My withdrawls are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!