Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Which Original Episodes Most Needed Sequels? (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12419)

Dayton3 December 15th, 2005 10:20 AM

Which Original Episodes Most Needed Sequels?

I've been away for awhile so I don't know if anyone has discussed this, but I was wondering which of the originals most call out for followup episodes?

I think of course that "The Living Legend" and "War of the Gods" both could spawn great sequels.

ernie90125 December 15th, 2005 10:26 AM

The Return of Starbuck !

And the Living Legend absolutely........

Griffworks December 15th, 2005 03:07 PM

I'd love to see sequels to "The Living Legend", a different sequel to "Greetings From Earth" and "The Hand of God".

I'd rather they didn't revisit "War of the Gods", personally. I also wish they hadn't "followed up" "Greetings From Earth" when they did "Experiment in Terra", as those were two of the weakest episodes of the series, IMNSHO, and "Terra" was very poorly conceived and written.

They really shouldn't have revisited The Beings of Light from "WoG". At least, not 'til sometime in a 2nd or 3rd Season.

Sept17th December 15th, 2005 03:41 PM

Hand of God

jewels December 15th, 2005 09:17 PM

Sept. 17th, you grabbed the ultimate choice. :thumbsup:

I think that sometime touching on Chameleon & Starbuck's friendship after Man with 9 Lives would have been excellent as a sub story in a later episode. A silly plot hole I always wanted resolved at a future date was Apollo's promise to Bella & Puppis to return for them. Anything with Starbuck & Cassie's relationship or Apollo's and Sheba's would be most appreciated.

JLHurley December 16th, 2005 09:07 AM

The aforementioned "Hand of God" has to be the most logical answer to the question re: a sequel/followup! Other than that ep, I'd have to choose "Living Legend" as my #1 choice for an ep to continue.

Charybdis December 16th, 2005 09:55 AM

I agree with Hand of God, of course, and The Living Legend, but my first thought was about those places that were left behind by the Colonials.

The two that come to mind are The Young Lords and then Gun on Ice Planet Zero. How did they survive and did the Cylons come after them after all?? What about the prisoners on Proteus in The Long Patrol or Vella in The Lost Warrior?

food for thought at least...

Darrell Lawrence December 16th, 2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charybdis
I agree with Hand of God, of course, and The Living Legend, but my first thought was about those places that were left behind by the Colonials.

The two that come to mind are The Young Lords and then Gun on Ice Planet Zero. How did they survive and did the Cylons come after them after all?? What about the prisoners on Proteus in The Long Patrol or Vella in The Lost Warrior?

Damn... every ep I was thinking of is right there. Except one- Saga needs a follow up on what happened to the population left behind (for spin-off purposes, of course ;) )

BST December 16th, 2005 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charybdis

Some of those folks, at least Robber and his family, left Proteus with the RTF.

Griffworks December 16th, 2005 11:48 AM

I figure that most of those smaller worlds were simply over-looked by the Cylons. Especially those w/o any real level of technology. Baltar was almost always pretty hot on the heels of the RTF, after all, so wouldn't have a real need to stray very far from the course that the RTF was taking.

TwoBrainedCylon December 17th, 2005 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffworks
I figure that most of those smaller worlds were simply over-looked by the Cylons. Especially those w/o any real level of technology. Baltar was almost always pretty hot on the heels of the RTF, after all, so wouldn't have a real need to stray very far from the course that the RTF was taking.

I always had the opposite conception. I didn't see any reason for the Baltar's task force to take out the smaller places because the Cylon's main force would be along later to systematically sweep all of these places clean of humans.

This was likely ignored because it didn't fit well with the 70s family hour theme but it seemed to be the logical outcome of the scenario they'd set up.

Having the task force waste time with every small outpost would risk their loosing the Galactica, even though they traveled quite a bit slower.

This was more of the off camera tale.

Sandy

Griffworks December 17th, 2005 07:32 PM

I dunno. I'd have thought that if the Cylon's knew that the Colonials "went this way" that they'd not have as much of a reason to expand outwards from their path, thus stumbling upon a lot of those "lost colonies", outposts or whatever you might call them. Especially those worlds with little-to-no technology. I mean, why bother?

Just my reasonin' for my thoughts on the issue.

JLHurley December 19th, 2005 08:46 AM

Although "Baltar's Escape" is one of my fave episodes, "Greetings From Earth" and "Experiment in Terra" are among my very least favorites so I definitely would have enjoyed seeing a followup to the Terran storyline that involved the Cylon annihilation of Terra. :) (Just kidding, of course!)

WarMachine December 19th, 2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffworks
I dunno. I'd have thought that if the Cylon's knew that the Colonials "went this way" that they'd not have as much of a reason to expand outwards from their path, thus stumbling upon a lot of those "lost colonies", outposts or whatever you might call them. Especially those worlds with little-to-no technology. I mean, why bother?

Just my reasonin' for my thoughts on the issue.

That's easy: easily-accessible raw materials, and forward operating bases...In fact, it's likely that the raw material's issue is of greater concern than the FOBs: there are neither replicators, nor Transporters in the Gal-'verse(don't get me started on transporters! :mad: ).

Just because the Tin-Heads are robotic, that doesn't mean that they're stupid -- a fact that was apparently forgotten by everyone in the Council of the Twelve except Adama and Baltar.

January 16th, 2006 08:38 AM

I would want to see a sequel to any episode of the original series. Just as long as I would see new adventures with the original cast. If I had to pick an episode it would have to be The Living Legend. Did Cain and the Pegasus survive? Fans have been waiting for and answer since 1978.

TwoBrainedCylon January 16th, 2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

If I had to pick an episode it would have to be The Living Legend. Did Cain and the Pegasus survive? Fans have been waiting for and answer since 1978.
Well ... very shameless plug here ... download these and you'll get a pretty comprehensive answer:

http://www.allgalactica.com/fan/exodus-intro-001.html

(... and from what I hear, they're even good).

Sandy

Damocles January 16th, 2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bijou88
I would want to see a sequel to any episode of the original series. Just as long as I would see new adventures with the original cast. If I had to pick an episode it would have to be The Living Legend. Did Cain and the Pegasus survive? Fans have been waiting for and answer since 1978.

Real world answer?

Of course Cain and the Pegasus survived. The basestars were destroyed by contact nuclear explosive warheads when the missiles hit. The Pegasus was outside the contact heatloading radius of the explosions seen.

What you didn't see was the Pegasus movung through the light wall of the bursts.

As long as her motors survived, any charge loading(minimal) from the explosions; she, Pegasus, should need a paint job; some welding to repair holes from particle beam hits, and that is about it.

Cain might have stroked out from excitement?

Naw.

As always;

Frank