Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "So Say We All" edited by Richard Hatch, now available (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13510)

michaelfaries October 31st, 2006 04:25 PM

"So Say We All" edited by Richard Hatch, now available

:colonial: So Say We All: An Unauthorized Collection of Thoughts and Opinions on Battlestar Galactica
by Richard Hatch (Editor)
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Benbella Books (October 28, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN: 1932100946

...is now available from Amazon.com

It's always nice to see another book from Richard. I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

Michael :)

jewels October 31st, 2006 07:14 PM

eeeekkk! He's here again! Hug tackles him before he can run away (((((((Michael))))))).

Heehee. Just for old times sake. Best to your lady and family--in other words: pass that hug on. ;)

Jewels

Charybdis November 1st, 2006 09:24 AM

Has anyone ordered this to see if it's a good read? I have a feeling that Richard will go deeply into the new show and his performance in it (as well as the old show)...

AlternityOrange November 1st, 2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelfaries
:

It's always nice to see another book from Richard. I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

Michael :)

You'll likely feel differently after reading it.

Richard didn't write much more than the intro anyway, and after reading that I needed to take a shower. With the sole exception of Commander Taggart's essay it's just a collection of pompous, talking-head, "reviews" of the best show on television.

Nice to see you.

Sept17th November 1st, 2006 11:42 AM

I'll thumb through it while sipping coffee at the book store. After reading Taggart's essay I'll bury it on the shelves somewhere.

michaelfaries November 1st, 2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternityOrange
You'll likely feel differently after reading it.
Richard didn't write much more than the intro anyway, and after reading that I needed to take a shower. With the sole exception of Commander Taggart's essay it's just a collection of pompous, talking-head, "reviews" of the best show on television.

That's too bad. :/: I'll have to skim through the book first, then consider whether to purchase it. That's assuming this book is actually being carried in-store by B&N or Borders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternityOrange
Nice to see you.

Nice to see you, too! I wondered how you fared after those hurricanes of years past. Hopefully doing well...

Michael

StarshipTrooper November 1st, 2006 12:45 PM

Hi,

Did Richard include any info on The Second Coming trailer and his revival efforts, or is it strictly TNS?

Regards,

Nathan

P.S. Congratulations on the BSG-inspired game offer, Michael. Keep us posted!

AlternityOrange November 1st, 2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelfaries
Nice to see you, too! I wondered how you fared after those hurricanes of years past. Hopefully doing well...

Michael

Thanks Michael. We came through mostly unscathed, though my mother's house took a slight hit. Of course we're now building a home of our own. It's not finfished yet, which is why this year's hurricane season has been slight. I expect next year will bring a lot of fire and brimstone though. :)

Do drop me a line sometime. I've moved on quite a bit from "simple" fan status believe it or not and have had several meetings this year at a particular office on Wilshire Blvd. that I'd love to tell you about.

dilbertman November 1st, 2006 02:52 PM

I have not read all of the book yet, but Richard seems to not say what the reason was for the Singer/DeSanto project not happening.

Quote:

Eventually, due to a number of creative challenges and unresolved issues, the project fell apart and the Sci-Fi Channel decided to hire Ron Moore and David Eick to write and produce a new re-imagined version of Battlestar.
9/11 !!!

Jim :/:

BTW, welcome back Michael. Hope you plan on visiting alot.