Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TNS launch tube (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13578)

0edipus November 19th, 2006 07:36 PM

TNS launch tube

1 Attachment(s)
quick test render of tns launch tube took 3 hours so far ( borrowed viper from here)
once complete will be building landing bay and depending on size icorporate into full pod for animating any suggestions or tips gratefully received as im new to lightwave

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 01:11 AM

Looks good .. Should get your hand on Pixeltexs Vipers and use the pilot he has in it .. should be simple enough to add too your Viper..

Stevew November 20th, 2006 05:29 AM

Try and get Titon to post his launch tube, it is the best I have ever seen
Well Don? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :)

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 05:58 AM

there a good idea :)

Stevew November 20th, 2006 06:02 AM

Have you seen it? It was done a few years ago and is simply awesome
S

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:24 AM

I see the one in the opening page when you first log on .. as you see the Viper shoot down the launch tube .. I thought that was it.. but I been wrong before will be again before the days out

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:27 AM

But speaking of launch tubes .. can we see your 0edipus.. in wire frame .. that look good

0edipus November 20th, 2006 06:27 AM

update

2 Attachment(s)
started the bloody awkward stuff(detailing) will be adding the launch catapult n some updated landings struts for vipers based on screncaps from latest eps
will be building the entire tube including the exit point on hull +launch controll n hangar bay

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:28 AM

Very handy ... and a nice touch :)

Stevew November 20th, 2006 06:29 AM

I have not seen it but that is probably it

0edipus November 20th, 2006 06:32 AM

wireframe screen cap

1 Attachment(s)
heres a screen cap of wireframe in modeler

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:35 AM

hey man you have lightwave 9 .. how do you fined it..
Nice wire frame .. I was thing of building the tos launch tubes myself some time in the future ...

0edipus November 20th, 2006 06:38 AM

got lightwave 9

got lightwave 9 from demonois.com is a bit torrent site is amazing for resources got adobe production suite from there all adobe in one premeire cs after effects etc

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:45 AM

cool

0edipus November 20th, 2006 06:47 AM

speed modelin

1 Attachment(s)
whilst been posting this built textured n place in scene launch guides for rear airlock

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 06:54 AM

look to very clean . have you been use LW long ?

0edipus November 20th, 2006 07:08 AM

got lightwave 8 weeks ago

1 Attachment(s)
used to use truespace but kept seeing loads of stuff about new lightwave so when i got chance to get it got it . lot harder thand truespace but same idea

Stevew November 20th, 2006 07:11 AM

Lots of TS stuff here if you want to play
http://www.colonialfleets.com/stevew/Meshes/

0edipus November 20th, 2006 07:21 AM

thanx

1 Attachment(s)
built tn texture basic shell for control room

gmd3d November 20th, 2006 07:25 AM

I like the look of the landing bay layout ..

0edipus November 20th, 2006 07:34 AM

will be knocking up air lock door n catapult next

should be done by tonite then will begin outer hull exit then launch prep area then will build main landing bay n port side pod to contain it (seen as starboard pods a gift shop lol)

0edipus November 21st, 2006 03:48 PM

airlock complete

ive finished the airlock doors n launch ram just got external exit and outer tuneel with catapult dolly to finish. will have plenty of time to do it now as my beloved employer ( f@<*ing bar stewaRD has decided to lay me off 4 weeks before xmas so he doesnt hav to pay me over holidays due to me tearing him anew arse when i had car accident n he refused to pay me for been injured at work) so wil be done n ready to upload by weekend :/:

Stevew November 21st, 2006 04:53 PM

Sorry to hear, something good will come your way
:thumbsup:

0edipus December 1st, 2006 03:51 AM

update

1 Attachment(s)
scrapped entire tube and started again built pretty much faithfully to onscreen so far no textures as such as im crap at texturing once complete how do i upload mesh for others to get it

0edipus December 1st, 2006 04:00 AM

modeler eye view

1 Attachment(s)
quick snapshot of modeler with mesh n smoothshade

gmd3d December 1st, 2006 04:13 AM

excellent work ..

0edipus December 1st, 2006 01:23 PM

ready to launch

the basic launchtube airlock is complete n ready for upload just got outer run to do n exit point on hull howd i upload n share what ive built for others to use

xodiaq December 1st, 2006 01:30 PM

Oedipus -

WOW! Fantastic looking stuff!

To upload it looks simple enough (and I'm not staff here so i probably should be opening my mouth at all), in the dowloads section there is also an "uploads" button, you'd probably put that in "Extras" because it fits in as a scene or set and not a complete ship or prop on its own. ZIP the file to compress it and its dependent files and hit the upload button! The uploader may even compress it for you, I'm not sureā€¦

That would be my guess anyway, pardon me if I seem eager to check that out first hand!
:D

0edipus December 6th, 2006 02:35 PM

update adding tubes to landing bay

1 Attachment(s)
now main airlocks done on launch tube incorporating into main portside landing bay more to come will be slow going just started new job so not much time to play on lightwave :cry:

HercDestin December 7th, 2006 02:50 AM

Wow............................shows how someone who knows modelling better than me can produce fantastic stuff. My tube is a basic one...................while yours.......................is what I wish I could do. Fantastic work indeed. Would love to get my hands on it soon. Keep the updates coming. :thumbsup: