Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Last Battlestar......Galactica! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Galactica Ride(Fond Memories) (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6773)

Aeneas April 6th, 2004 08:38 PM

The Galactica Ride(Fond Memories)

Remember the Old Galactica ride @ Universal Studios, Hollywood?

Who rode it?(me me me :) !)

Is it still there(Iheard no. :cry: )

What about in Fla?

Phoenix April 7th, 2004 06:34 PM

I too visited it once a upon a time in a land far, far away..........................back when I was about 8 or 9. Damn, that's 25 years ago! I remember the Cylons out in front to
"greet" you sitting in their little tank deal. It was cool, sorry to hear it's no longer there. :(

Darth Marley April 7th, 2004 06:45 PM

I bet each region has an amusment park ride graveyard, and the guts to this one is sitting in it as we speak.

Phoenix April 7th, 2004 06:50 PM

Of that I have no doubt. Even if BSG were to take off in mass public popularity like it had, the "new" ride wouldn't be the same, it just wouldn't.

jonahlee April 8th, 2004 12:06 AM

I rode it when my mom came to visit one year, and it must have been after I graduated from college (I graduated 12 years ago) because I was really hungover, and didn't handle the avalanch (a giant spinning tube) too well!

I loved the ride though!

JLHurley April 17th, 2004 04:20 PM

You lucky, lucky daggits!

jewels April 17th, 2004 06:28 PM

If you want to talk to a really lucky daggit: I think I understood that LordStarFyre (he may still be on the member list here, he is at cylon.org for sure) was one of the warrior actors for the ride. :)

thomas7g April 17th, 2004 06:36 PM

I barely remember it. I remember entering a big structure on a mountain road in the tram. I remember a cylon manning a big gun at the front. The inside was dark. I remember lasers and some guy in colonial uniform runing around and I was thinking "I DON'T KNOW THIS GUY!". I was little at the time. And quite astute! And I remember a cylon that looked stiff. Then he got shot and split apart. And that was it.

:D

Oh and I really like the spinning tube!

amberstar April 17th, 2004 09:08 PM

That ride sounds like it was so much fun! Wish it was still around.

Amber

Sci-Fi April 17th, 2004 11:39 PM

It was part of the Tram ride. I remember the guide asking for people to raise their hands if they watched BSG (when it was aired and just after it was cancelled) and recorded the number of people that did at the stop in the middle of the tram tour. Unfortunately, very few people raised their hands back in those days but did enjoy the that part of the ride.

Wish Universal sold the episodes, as aired, and offered them at the concession stands. I always believed the "edited" and "merged episodes" they sold to the public turned off many fans and casual viewers that wanted the full or uncut versions. BSG Fans didn't get their wish until the DVD set came out 25 years later. Think sales of the VHS/BETA tapes back then was a false indication of the interest, popularity, and fan base of the series. Many of my friends were upset over the tapes that were released and considered them ripoffs and not worth buying since so much was cut out. Universal should have taken a page out of the Paramount ST:TOS book and released the episodes as they were originally shown (aired).

Sorry for the editorial.