Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   Galactica and Fleets News (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thread Subscriptions and Email Alerts (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18570)

Dawg October 10th, 2013 07:56 PM

Thread Subscriptions and Email Alerts

Hey, everybody, could you do me a huge favor?

Make sure colonialfleets.com is in your email client-of-choice (be it Outlook, a Mozilla product, Yahoo/Gmail or whatever) as a "safe" or "allowed" domain.

If you're using an online service (Yahoo/Gmail/etc.) make sure you haven't overloaded your Inbox, too.

My inbox is currently being flooded by "somebody posted in a thread you're subscribed to" alerts that are being bounced. It's enough to drive a man to drink....

Thanks.

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Senmut October 10th, 2013 09:27 PM

Re: Thread Subscriptions and Email Alerts

Ambrosia?

Dawg October 11th, 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senmut (Post 312440)
Ambrosia?

Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters.

One of Martok's creations, if I recall correctly. But I might not recall correctly. One of the aftereffects of drinking Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters...

Why are we talking about Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters?

I'm off to the OC.....

I am
Dawg

Senmut October 11th, 2013 10:47 PM

Don't forget.....it's the benzene that makes it! ;)

Lara October 13th, 2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 312443)
Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters.

One of Martok's creations, if I recall correctly. But I might not recall correctly. One of the aftereffects of drinking Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters...

Why are we talking about Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters?

I'm off to the OC.....

I am
Dawg

Being mugged by a PGGB, described as having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick, is from Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy, and it was invented by Zaphod Beeblebrox.

According to our mates at wiki..

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Bartend...Gargle_Blaster

Recipe
1.Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
2.Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V(Oh, that Santragian seawater! Oh, those Santragian fish!)
3.Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
4.Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in honor of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
5.Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heavy odors of the dark Qalactin Zones, subtle, sweet, and mystic.
6.Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
7.Sprinkle Zamphuor.
8.Add an olive.
9.Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .

The site offers earther interpretations, and a list of places that serve it!

Indeed, you do need the benzene...

Cheers (carefully..)
Lara

Senmut October 13th, 2013 08:46 PM

Don't forget the list of charitable organizations that exist to help you rehabilitate afterwards.

Dawg October 13th, 2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 312446)
Being mugged by a PGGB, described as having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick, is from Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy, and it was invented by Zaphod Beeblebrox.

According to our mates at wiki..

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Bartend...Gargle_Blaster

Recipe
1.Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
2.Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V(Oh, that Santragian seawater! Oh, those Santragian fish!)
3.Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
4.Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in honor of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
5.Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heavy odors of the dark Qalactin Zones, subtle, sweet, and mystic.
6.Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
7.Sprinkle Zamphuor.
8.Add an olive.
9.Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .

The site offers earther interpretations, and a list of places that serve it!

Indeed, you do need the benzene...

Cheers (carefully..)
Lara

Ah-Ha! Yes, of course!

What? :wtf:

I am
Dawg

martok2112 October 14th, 2013 10:02 AM

Dag nabbit!

And for the longest time (not necessarily by my own volition), Dawg was convinced that a PGGB was my specialty. Ba-hut na-hooooo! Y'all hadda go and blow the lid off the story.

Great! Thanks! I'm finished now! How else am I s'posed ta' make my living as a "miracle maker of incredible imbibements?!"

:D

BST October 14th, 2013 05:07 PM

Heh heh.. this time, I'm not the one with a snootful.

Ah, the bliss. :)

As long as someone doesn't move that barst..

(slip)

(thunk) Ow!

(thump) zzzzz....

Dawg October 14th, 2013 08:00 PM

BST evidently forgot we aren't in the OC yet and thought he was back on his barstool.

But having received another slug of these emails - including several supposed to reach a certain Klingon Rush fan - I remember all too well why we want to go to the OC, and sample the brilliance of the Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster.

It's the benzene, you know...

Why is BST on the floor? Somebody grab his legs and we'll drag him over to the OC (that's the "I've Come Home" thread at the moment), and we'll all have a small Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster.

It's the benzene, you know...

I am
Dawg

BST October 15th, 2013 03:39 PM

:duck:

Some cat's a$$ is trouble.......and it ain't me!!

(meow)

Shut up!!

(I wasn't talking to you.)

Grrrrr!!!

*whistles ... slithers out the window.......

bsg1fan1975 October 18th, 2013 11:40 AM

Will check and make sure that my email is functioning properly.

gmd3d October 21st, 2013 06:25 AM

Thank the lord of kobol I am back in...

Thank Dawg :).

I was locked out when I attempted to test the current email problem experienced by Dawg,

I noted I was not getting a validation email to my back up email address
so I switched back to my primary one and still no validation email.. apart
from not getting thread subscription notification emails.

gmd3d October 24th, 2013 02:14 AM

I am still trying to work out if its my email provider.. testing testing etc etc

Dawg October 24th, 2013 06:31 AM

I think we've got a software glitch...

:(

I am
Dawg

gmd3d October 24th, 2013 12:33 PM

Bummer. :(