Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   All About Models (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Revell Model Kits (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12162)

jjrakman October 21st, 2005 04:42 PM

Revell Model Kits

Well, you can barely find on on eBay for less than $40. I've been wanting to put one together reall bad, but would rather not pay that much.

I went to the manufacturer's web site in hopes of contacting them to inquire as to whether or not they'll be reissueing them. Seems a no brainer since there's so many other new Galactica products being release. But they don't have an e-mail addy on their website.

If we had an addy, this could be a e-mail campaign that just might work! :salute:

Anyone know how to contact them?

Archangel October 21st, 2005 04:50 PM

Corporate address

Revell-Monogram, LLC
725 Lendwehr Road
Northbrook, Illinois 60062

Consumer Affairs
800-883-3570

Sept17th October 21st, 2005 09:46 PM

Any links for getting the extra part kits that take the Revell models to the next step of cool. The kits for the side of the battlestar model?

jjrakman October 22nd, 2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Any links for getting the extra part kits that take the Revell models to the next step of cool. The kits for the side of the battlestar model?
Enter "Galactica" into the eBay search and you will get a ton of matches. Then click on the "model" category. There's almost always the Galactica detail kit. Also, the cockpit detail for the Revell Viper. Once in a while you'll find other cool stuff like the Tram kit with 6 Viper pilots. Or the Viper launch tube stand.

But that's not really the problem. The problem is that Revell hasn't reissued their Galactica models when just about every other company on the planet is issuing new Galactica products. What gives?

Sept17th October 22nd, 2005 01:40 AM

Thanks, as for your question I don't know. I bought them a few years ago when they where released again. They have sat in a box un-opened, I find that now I'll be doing a fan film I'm really looking forward to putting them together.

Gemini1999 October 22nd, 2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrakman
The problem is that Revell hasn't reissued their Galactica models when just about every other company on the planet is issuing new Galactica products. What gives?

JJ -

The original 1978 Revell models were reissued almost 10 years ago, but it was Monogram that did the reissue. I would assume that Monogram bought the rights and the molds for the reissue. I have one of each of the reissue kits in my closet....awaiting the day when I have time to put a model together again.

I have seen the garage-issue detail kits for the Galactica and the Viper - they get kinda pricey at times, but I keep track on them just the same. One day....

Best,
Bryan

jjrakman October 23rd, 2005 10:08 AM

Quote:

The original 1978 Revell models were reissued almost 10 years ago, but it was Monogram that did the reissue. I would assume that Monogram bought the rights and the molds for the reissue. I have one of each of the reissue kits in my closet....awaiting the day when I have time to put a model together again.
Yeah, I knew that. But you'd think with all the new products coming out now, they'd reisue them again. ;)

jjrakman October 23rd, 2005 10:09 AM

By the way, anyone want to sell me their sleeping Viper kit for a reasonable price?

jjrakman October 26th, 2005 12:47 PM

Well, I called Rvell Monogram.

They said they don't have any plans right now to reissue them in the next six months, but "anything is possible."

You'd think with all the new Galactica products coming out, reissuing these model kits would be a no brainer.

Maybe if they get a few more phone calls...

BlueSquad2001 November 21st, 2005 11:46 PM

Go to www.starshipmodeler.com and join the modeler forum. Revell monogram has released a statment that they have no intention of re-releasing these kits anytime in the near future. But, I have about 8 viper kits I got from ebay, and am currently correcting these to match the filming models and cast in resin. They will be priced at or around 90.00. But...they will be just as awesomely detailed as the studioscale kits found at the above site. Only smaller. The changes include, correct side engine details added, lengthening of the nose, adding sides to correct fuselage shape, as the kit sucks. proper detail of the leopold railway gun kit added to the engine exhausts, rims cut away from rear of intakes, corrected and engraved panel lines, corrected rear engine (pipe) details, and the list continues. :salute:
You can see my work in colonial fleets un-finished artwork threads. Hope you like what is coming up. :cool: