Colonial Fleets

Colonial Fleets (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/index.php)
-   ART Work - In Progress (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Studio Scale Models and other Great models on the way!! (http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12322)

spcglider June 27th, 2006 02:31 PM

Here's the response to my fax (yes..a telefax. Interesting how outdated technologies are still embraced by our postal service!):

Mr. Smuder:

We will continue to look for this parcel; however, it is most likely that either:

1) the Processing & Distribution Facility in Little Rock correctly routed the parcel to North Little Rock, AR; or
2) the item has already been returned to you marked as undeliverable as addressed.

Rest assured that if we find the parcel we will mark the correct Zip Code and forward to NLR.

Kurt M. Marine
Supervisor, Customer Service
Morrilton, AR 72110-9998

So... having had unparalleled success in getting THIS response, I'm going to fax the post office in Little Rock and see what they can tell me.
-G

BlueSquad2001 July 5th, 2006 05:49 AM

[QUOTE=spcglider]Here's the response to my fax (yes..a telefax. Interesting how outdated technologies are still embraced by our postal service!):

Mr. Smuder:

We will continue to look for this parcel; however, it is most likely that either:

1) the Processing & Distribution Facility in Little Rock correctly routed the parcel to North Little Rock, AR; or
2) the item has already been returned to you marked as undeliverable as addressed.

Rest assured that if we find the parcel we will mark the correct Zip Code and forward to NLR.

Kurt M. Marine
Supervisor, Customer Service
Morrilton, AR 72110-9998

So... having had unparalleled success in getting THIS response, I'm going to fax the post office in Little Rock and see what they can tell me.
-G[/QUOTE
Any more info? This is growing old. ;)

BlueSquad2001 July 5th, 2006 01:29 PM

Uh Gordon???
Anybody home?
What you still taking a holiday vacation? :D

spcglider July 5th, 2006 02:20 PM

I faxed the Distribution Center in Little Rock. No response.

I went to the USPS website this morning and filed a complaint/plea for help. But considering the convoluted nature of their website, I'll be actually surprised if what I sent to them gets to the right person.

I am acutely aware of the situation and getting more than a little concerned since the package was originally sent on June 6th... almost exactly one month ago.

I will check again with my local post offices to see if the box hasn't shown up. I suggest you do the same.

-G

spcglider July 6th, 2006 07:19 AM

Latest response:

"Dear GORDON SMUDER,

Thank you for visiting our website. I understand your concern about your Priority Mail package that has the incorrect ZIP Code.

I am sending this information to your Post Office for immediate attention. You should receive a callback as you requested by the end of the next business day. The confirmation number assigned to your case is OR27730764. If you need to contact us again regarding this issue, please include the confirmation number so that we can further assist you.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service.

Regards,

Ashlee B"

Less than a minute after receiving THAT email, I got a phone call from MY post office near my house. The fellow advised me to fill out a Trace Form (1510) to get the post office all the info and make sure they were "officially" looking for it. He also checked HIS pile of return packages and found nothing.

Ahhh.. beauraucracy (sp?) is a lovely thing, isn't it?

Well, at least there's an information flow. How useful it will be is questionable, but at least it's something.

-G

BlueSquad2001 July 6th, 2006 12:51 PM

I'm on the way right now to get one of these forms. :mad:

spcglider July 6th, 2006 01:32 PM

54 resin castings, two silicone molds, three original scratch-build molding patterns.

That's what you'll have to list as contents. The package was 4 lbs. 2 oz. I paid $9.80 to ship it priority mail on 06/09/2006 at 12:07:42 pm.

-Gordon

BlueSquad2001 July 6th, 2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcglider
54 resin castings, two silicone molds, three original scratch-build molding patterns.

That's what you'll have to list as contents. The package was 4 lbs. 2 oz. I paid $9.80 to ship it priority mail on 06/09/2006 at 12:07:42 pm.

-Gordon

I got ya, and I'm on it. :salute:

Cmd. Foster July 9th, 2006 10:54 PM

Hi everyone :)

I'm a newbie here. Finally got around to posting finally. Been alot of stuff going on. Mostly annoying. Like phoneline troubles :( And when your using dialup, that can be a problem :(

Great place here. I look forward to checking out the rest of it :)

And hey Mike :)

JC :colonial:

Viper 04 July 10th, 2006 11:46 AM

Hiya JC! Welcome aboard....just sign in for your uniforms and get assigned a viper....sorry they only come in grey.

Keep us updated Micheal.....Hope things work out.

BlueSquad2001 July 10th, 2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper 04
Hiya JC! Welcome aboard....just sign in for your uniforms and get assigned a viper....sorry they only come in grey.

Keep us updated Micheal.....Hope things work out.

Hi J.C.! When I get caught up, I'll call you.
Now then Viper 04......What this about GREY uniforms???? :wtf:
This is completely wrong. Uniforms are earth tones and shiny brass thingies! With this symbol on the shoulder :colonial:
Okay, now that class has begun, will talk to Gordon soon, and update you all.
Prey to the Lords of Kobol that all is well. :salute:

spcglider July 11th, 2006 06:36 AM

SHIPS... the SHIPS come in gray. Not the uniforms.

Note to all: I have filled out the 1510 form and will be hand delivering it to the post office today at lunchtime.

-G

Cmd. Foster July 12th, 2006 12:05 AM

Grey???

Hey Mike :) Look forward to hearing back from ya :) If you can't reach me by phone, then either pm me here or e-mail me.

JC :colonial:

spcglider July 12th, 2006 06:14 AM

Form 1510 delivered to Post Office.

Can't wait to see what the reply is.

-G

spcglider July 14th, 2006 06:59 AM

Been several days. No word yet. No contact. Waiting patiently....

-Gordon

spcglider July 14th, 2006 12:01 PM

Its a curse. That's what it is.

I broke my cardinal rule. I made molds for someone.

That's it.

This is punishment for breaking my own rules.

Gotta be.

-G

BlueSquad2001 July 15th, 2006 01:17 PM

Hey Gordon.
Nah...it's no curse, maybe on the part of the postal service, but you're cool. :salute:

Viper 04 July 19th, 2006 08:55 AM

Its Satan! I tell you.....he's at it again!

I say we sic Eddie on them!

http://www.onlineseats.com/upload/co...ron_maiden.jpg

BlueSquad2001 July 27th, 2006 12:01 AM

One pic of me and a friend that has made this Viper project possible.
It is great to call Tom DeSanto one of my best friends! Everytime we met, he hugged me like a long lost brother. We hung out and he gave me all the instruction I need to really succeed in my line of work. Thanks Tom!

http://i7.tinypic.com/213psp3.jpg

Cmd. Foster July 27th, 2006 12:50 AM

Hey Mike :)

Cool, you got to go :) That is Comic-Con 2006 right? If so, who all else did you get to meet? I hope Tom still has interest with Battlestar.

By the way Mike, did you get that last e-mail I sent? If you didn't, let me know and I'll try and e-mail you again.

JC :salute: